• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
As for our players, we over rate them. Our best three are VDV, Modric and Bale. Parker has also performed superbly this year. Friedel hasn't done much wrong. The rest? Wouldn't look out of place in a mid-table/battling relegation side. And that includes EVERY defender we currently have at the club (King sadly is past it).

Very harsh on Lennon and Adebayor.

Very harsh on Lennon and Adebayor.

Lennon flatters to deceive. Adebayor has been awful the last few weeks. If he had scored half of the sitters he has missed this season then our season would have turned out so differently. But even then it's all round play that has been appalling recently and it has cost us goals too when teams have countered and scored (or won a set piece from that counter and scored from it) from direct poor play by him.

So we are about where we should be, and yet he is an awful Manager and coach? It doesn't add up. If he was awful then we'd be 10th with the current team. If he was amazing we'd be top two. He is neither brick, nor amazing. He probably is in the top eight Managers in the league and we are where we should be.

As for our players, we over rate them. Our best three are VDV, Modric and Bale. Parker has also performed superbly this year. Friedel hasn't done much wrong. The rest? Wouldn't look out of place in a mid-table/battling relegation side. And that includes EVERY defender we currently have at the club (King sadly is past it).

surely Redknapp's role as a manager over the four years he has been here was to improve the squad. He is the one who bought Cudicini, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Nelsen, Khumalo, Sandro, Defoe, Adebayor, Saha, Pienaar, Kranjcar, and now you are saying that they wouldnt look out of place at a mid table/battling relegation team. Thats pretty damning of his work in the transfer market.

surely Redknapp's role as a manager over the four years he has been here was to improve the squad. He is the one who bought Cudicini, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Nelsen, Khumalo, Sandro, Defoe, Adebayor, Saha, Pienaar, Kranjcar, and now you are saying that they wouldnt look out of place at a mid table/battling relegation team. Thats pretty damning of his work in the transfer market.

I freely admit that the last two years in the transfer market have been disappointing. Do I blame Redknapp? Partly, but I blame another person more. But at the sametime I've also said many times that a lot of players are "fillers". Even at Utd you have the likes of Evans, Fletcher etc who wouldn't like out of place in a mid-table side.

I can see why Redknapp has purchased oldies (well not purchased, got for nothing). He is trying to plug gaps whilst looking for a longer term solution. Problem is, with our wage cap a longer term solution is going to take a long time.

I freely admit that the last two years in the transfer market have been disappointing. Do I blame Redknapp? Partly, but I blame another person more. But at the sametime I've also said many times that a lot of players are "fillers". Even at Utd you have the likes of Evans, Fletcher etc who wouldn't like out of place in a mid-table side.

I can see why Redknapp has purchased oldies (well not purchased, got for nothing). He is trying to plug gaps whilst looking for a longer term solution. Problem is, with our wage cap a longer term solution is going to take a long time.

well, the answer to this we dont know. However, before Redknapp arrived at the club, Levy wasnt shy in spending 16 mill on Bent, 15 million on Bentley, 15 million on Modric, a 10 million deal for Bale(we paid less eventually i know) 11 mill for Berbatov, 14 mill for Pavlyuchenko, 8 million for Gomes. To be fair, Levy has back most managers, and i dont see why all of a sudden he would cut the supply of big cash to Redknapp.

Plugging gaps whilst looking for long term solutions is an accident waiting to happen. Eventually you have a load of players on big contracts, amybe short term, but financially still amounting to a large sum on the wage bill, and until their contracts run out they are a drain on the clubs resourvces and also prevents the club from bringing in new players. Id much rather we plug gaps with younger players from the club ranks. For example, instead of buying Pienaar and paying him 70k a week, we should have trusted in Townsend.

you signed up for the lynch mob too African?

the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum then.......

no way mick, not a chance.

but there is no need for chancer to 'spin' bad form and low confidence. quite frankly we have underperformed and we have played some bad games and not made the most of what was a monstrous 12 point lead ahead of our nearest rivals. i know he's looking at that objectively and pragmatically...but thats not how a CL team looks at their fixtures IMO.

thing is though...these things happen. we are on bad form, low on confidence and things arent going our way. there is no way you can flex that to look like we have done 'alright' in that period. I'm already adjusted to the idea that maybe we arent a CL team, but if chancer thinks we are a CL team then those results cant be deemed as alright overall.

i do feelsorry for harry, 2 and half years at the top and only 3 months is what brings you to the hangmans noose. however if he stays then we'll have nother strong season especially if we get more players in that wont let the drop in quality affect us when we have to rotate.

but the above is beside the point

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/25/3058136/tottenham-players-revolt-against-manager-redknapp

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey and Greg Stobart

Tottenham players are in open revolt against manager Harry Redknapp’s methods following the calamitous run that is destroying the team’s season, Goal.com can reveal.

A cabal of players, including some of the most senior at the club, have communicated their frustrations via their agents over the last few weeks to chairman Daniel Levy during a run of just one win from nine Premier League matches.

Goal.com understands they have complained about Redknapp’s tactics and match preparation, with one enduring theme being that training during the week is providing little preparation for the weekend fixtures.

It is believed that senior Spurs figures have been so alarmed by the players’ feedback and a catastrophic run of results that they would consider replacing Redknapp as manager at the end of the season, even in the unlikely event that he does not quit Tottenham to become the new England boss.

The club has abandoned plans to try and persuade the 65-year-old to stay at White Hart Lane and will not offer him the four-year ?ú16 million contract they had prepared.

Although Goal.com has learned that Redknapp is far from at loggerheads with his entire squad – reports of a bust-up with Emmanuel Adebayor are wide of the mark - a significant number of players have questioned events on the training ground.

“The players feel they are not going into matches well enough prepared,” a Tottenham source told Goal.com. “For instance, they will practice all week in a 4-5-1 formation and then play 4-4-2 at the weekend. Or vice versa.

“They also feel there is not enough attention to detail and tactics. One common complaint is little or no practice defending set-pieces. There are question marks about the coaching and how much the players are improving through the input of the staff.”

The dressing room unrest is not just restricted to players affiliated with one particular agent who has involvement with a significant proportion of the Tottenham squad.

At least AS refrains from making personal attacks about him, or character assasination, or wild inaccurate emotional statements regarding his coaching ability or transfer dealings etc.

I'm still not sure why its bad to say that ou run of form and recent results have been bad tbh. cause IMV they have..the way we've been performing has not been good recently. to list out the games we have played individually with an intentional positive shine to it in order to dull out reality doesnt help things

well, the answer to this we dont know. However, before Redknapp arrived at the club, Levy wasnt shy in spending 16 mill on Bent, 15 million on Bentley, 15 million on Modric, a 10 million deal for Bale(we paid less eventually i know) 11 mill for Berbatov, 14 mill for Pavlyuchenko, 8 million for Gomes. To be fair, Levy has back most managers, and i dont see why all of a sudden he would cut the supply of big cash to Redknapp.

Plugging gaps whilst looking for long term solutions is an accident waiting to happen. Eventually you have a load of players on big contracts, amybe short term, but financially still amounting to a large sum on the wage bill, and until their contracts run out they are a drain on the clubs resourvces and also prevents the club from bringing in new players. Id much rather we plug gaps with younger players from the club ranks. For example, instead of buying Pienaar and paying him 70k a week, we should have trusted in Townsend.

Utd have been doing that for years, and it didn't do them much harm.

You're right though, we just don't know. Which is why I get so annoyed by certain fans.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes regarding transfers. Therefore Harry cannot be condemned for transfer activity.
We don't know exactly what goes on in training. Therefore Harry cannot be condemned for his coaching ability.

And yet, they are two of the biggest sticks that Harry gets hit with.

I'm still not sure why its bad to say that ou run of form and recent results have been bad tbh. cause IMV they have..the way we've been performing has not been good recently. to list out the games we have played individually with an intentional positive shine to it in order to dull out reality doesnt help things

Maybe I've just played too much poker, but I am just not results orientated anymore. Form and results are two different things for me. I don't think our form has been that bad. The results have been poor, but the performances have been OK (with a couple of exceptions).

As I stated on another thread, the line is way too fine in people's eyes. You can't go from missing a couple of sitters away from a win and that team performance being brick, to scoring those chances and all of a sudden the team performance is excellent. It just doesn't work that way. You can play poorly and win. You can play well and lose. And under certain circumstances that can go on for a dozen matches.

was listening to the spurs podcast with garth crooks as the guest - mentioned that he has interviewed bale for this weekends football focus show and asked whether england rumours affected dressing room - and indirectly intimated that there has been some disturbance and asked whether he will revise his position at the club if they dont qualify for champs league he said 'i'll see'...or something to that effect.

Maybe I've just played too much poker, but I am just not results orientated anymore. Form and results are two different things for me. I don't think our form has been that bad. The results have been poor, but the performances have been OK (with a couple of exceptions).

As I stated on another thread, the line is way too fine in people's eyes. You can't go from missing a couple of sitters away from a win and that team performance being brick, to scoring those chances and all of a sudden the team performance is excellent. It just doesn't work that way. You can play poorly and win. You can play well and lose. And under certain circumstances that can go on for a dozen matches.

This is so true. Every game hinges on a few dozen or so key attacking moments which either go for you or against you. Obviously you can play well and have the majority of those attacking moments thus giving you a bigger chance of winning, but as you say it doesn't always play out like that. Just ask Barca. Majority of the possession and chances, and then Chelsea score with 3 of their 4 chances on target in 180mins.

Your not too fazed by bad results, you would be happy if we were in the conference then, everything in life is ultimately results driven, we would have had better results if our manager had done things differently, it will be interesting to see that if he misses out on his job will he be retained by us.

I've heard rumours about a bust up between some of the players and Redknapp.

Parker apparently called a players only meeting.

Adebayor refused to play.

I can't be arsed to read thru the whole thread. Can someone please sum up for me what happened? If anything did actually happen.

Back