• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I still stick by what I said last season, Kane would be a real top player behind the main striker ( a bit like Sheringham) he likes to drop deep and has the ability to beat a man.

What main striker? You were one of the ones saying it didn't mater that we did not get a striker in the summer

People in here are starting to say the same things about Kane that used to be said about Soldado, and that is not a good sign...
Haha true.... However the difference is that Kane has proven he can score a lot of goals in English football, Soldado never did.

My thoughts on Kane are that there isn't actually too much difference between his performances this season and last season other than this season he isn't getting that little bit of luck in front of goal that he enjoyed on a few occasions last season. He is still getting into goal scoring positions and when he gets into those positions his shots have generally been on target. As long as he keeps putting himself in a position to score the goals will come. I also thought that his performance against Liverpool on Saturday was more like his performances last season, where he was often getting to the ball first, getting it under control and then helping us to start an attack.

His overall game is good also, he's not hiding. So for me he just needs the rub of the green.
could have had couple against Lpool.
Spoke to a WBA watcher yesterday and he said Berahino was so inconspicuous against Sunderland it was not true, yet he scored (lucky)

His overall game is good also, he's not hiding. So for me he just needs the rub of the green.
could have had couple against Lpool.
Spoke to a WBA watcher yesterday and he said Berahino was so inconspicuous against Sunderland it was not true, yet he scored (lucky)

That's because Pantilimon is pants. He dropped a cross, then fumbled it towards his own goal. Berahino just about managed to get a touch before it crossed the line.

Appreciate many will agree with you but I remain unconvinced. Stats posted a couple of weeks back showed that Kane is taking exactly the same number of shots per game this season as he was last. The only difference being this time round they're just not going in.

I just wish people would stop and think about it before arguing Kane should pass more. Penalty areas are so crowded these days and defences so quick to close down, the odds are overwhelming that ANY pass in or around the box is going to be intercepted. Hell, even in a breakaway where it's say two on two, the chances of a pass being successfully converted are still relatively small. Soldado last season anyone?

So no, Kane must continue exactly as he has been doing. More often than not it's going to represent our best chance of scoring.
Fair enough if that is what you think but I see Townsend being chastised for shooting when it is clearly not the right choice and Kane should not escape that criticism. If you look through the match threads you will see plenty of comments about this and I'd say most of them were correct at the time.

It is obvious to me he trying to kick start a good run of goal scoring form by taking on all these very specuilative shots, but shooting is not always the right option and to deny that is really looking at the situation with blinkers on. The best players make the right choices on the ball, simple as.

What main striker? You were one of the ones saying it didn't mater that we did not get a striker in the summer

If you check ALL my posts you would see that I was hoping to sign Benteke and play him in front of Kane. You need to do better homework before jumping in.

@Rorsach the issue Kane is having is he is taking one touch too many when looking at passing and invariably he is being shut down. I honestly don't remember his link up play last season as he was constantly shooting then and scoring almost one in two. This year when he is shooting as much but not scoring we focus on other aspects more

He is still incredibly young too an whilst he is clearly our first choice it's scary to think of our lack of options to cover/replace/back him up

A lot of the guys I go with have started the Kane is a number 10 debate and I agree with that in that he can play there effectively. When he has dropped back there he has passed the ball quicker too so why he does t do that as a number 9 I don't know

Apologies that this is a bit garbled but I'm a massive fan in Kane and think if he hadn't been so good last season he would t have the expectations on him now and he would still have room to develop further. He is in effect a victim of his own success

This for me as well, he reminds me so much of Sheringham and I have been saying since last season he would be a better player from the num 10 position.

just needs to get the num 18 on his shirt again and the goals will star to flow

This for me as well, he reminds me so much of Sheringham and I have been saying since last season he would be a better player from the num 10 position.

I agree. I still have reservations about him leading the line on his own. I don't think his hold up play is great with his back to goal and he is much better coming from a deeper position. He isn't great in the air either and was completely dominated by Skrtl such that we didn't have an out ball. I too wanted to see him paired with Benteke or similar. Son may fill the role as support forward but we certainly also need an outright centreforward imo.

That's because Pantilimon is pants. He dropped a cross, then fumbled it towards his own goal. Berahino just about managed to get a touch before it crossed the line.

It was a foul.........but yes I agree. Man U will buy him (£30m+ knowing them), I hope.

if Harry played behind a main striker under Poch he would have to take Eriksen's role and that will mean even less time in and around the box in dangerous areas and more work chasing around helping the midfield.

Sheringham was effective in different formations and tactics to what Poch uses, plus he most of the time played as a genuine partner alongside a fellow striker.

I agree. I still have reservations about him leading the line on his own. I don't think his hold up play is great with his back to goal and he is much better coming from a deeper position. He isn't great in the air either and was completely dominated by Skrtl such that we didn't have an out ball. I too wanted to see him paired with Benteke or similar. Son may fill the role as support forward but we certainly also need an outright centreforward imo.

I disagree there. Kane has skrtel on his arse for plenty of the game. His stats for a centre back were pretty poor and he was bailed out by Sakho

Back