• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

any spurs player that can put two past that cnut terry and make them look like mugs in the process...would not sell for a kings ransom.

the amount of joy that brought me...priceless.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to swap him for any other player in the Premier League, never mind the shoddy England squad!

I know that he isn't as good as the likes of Aguero, yet, but few players have dazzled like Kane has been doing lately. Plus, if you take his age in to consideration too, just think how much more he might be capable of. I get the feeling that he is a very special talent, he seems to have very few weaknesses, the sky is the limit for him.

I think that he probably posts on here & has seen a lot of these comments. So Harry, if you're reading, thank you for being the star that you are, please keep shining & hopefully you'll have a long & successful career with us.

David Pleat thinks he is some thing very special, and i tend to agree with him.

Pleat said something like Kane is the best shooter of the ball in the league. Thought it was too much. Kane is still young and needs to learn so many things before getting compared with the established strikers in the league.

Pleat knows what he is talking about.

i dont want him getting a call up just yet, im happy with him in the 21's for now

Pleat said something like Kane is the best shooter of the ball in the league. Thought it was too much. Kane is still young and needs to learn so many things before getting compared with the established strikers in the league.

But Pleat isn't the only one saying this kind of stuff is he? We heard Michael Owen in commentary saying he was knocking hard on the England door, and what was it that Gary Lineker said even before the Chelsea game? Something along the lines he could go on to become one of the England greats.

He's in a magnificent run of form which is bound to come to an end sooner or later, but along the way he has demonstrated he not only has all the skills but also the personal attributes and that I suspect is why the likes of Pleat, Owen and Lineker are able to say with such confidence that he will make it to the very top.

Pleat knows what he is talking about.

i dont want him getting a call up just yet, im happy with him in the 21's for now

Regardless of whether he gets an England call up before the end of the season, I think that he will be going to the U21 Euros this summer. We are going to need to handle him carefully in pre-season and early next year because he will have played a lot of football by then with little or no break.

One of the very best performances I've ever witnessed from a Tottenham striker yesterday. Two superb goals, two assists, constantly tormenting the best defence in the country. The complete striker's performance. And what's best is that he's started all of our Christmas games and played virtually 90 minutes in every match.

I can put my hand up and say I have never ever been as wrong about a player as I have been about Kane. Even as recently as the start of this season I didn't think he was good enough to play in the Premier League. The odd good finish proves nothing, but Kane is regularly taking his chances. I've always said his movement and reading of the game is well above peers of his age, what's now great to see is that the technical side of his game is far far above what I thought it was. Work rate and intelligence only get you so far, but it seems that every game now Kane is getting MOTM awards, creating chances for team mates, holding off big defenders as he runs with the ball which he rarely gives away. You can't put it down to a fluke any more and he's rightfully getting the praise he deserves.

MOTD last night compared him to Sheringham, Shearer, Klinsmann and Henry. Not bad going son, not bad going. It's easy to get carried away with a bit of good form, but at the moment you could say he's arguably our best striker since Berbatov left seven years ago. I have my doubts about how well he'll be able to carry on into the season - an England call-up will inevitably kill him, but I'm really enjoying things as they stand.

A good post, agree with most of it.

The big question is it form or talent. I want to wait to see how he responds to a few bad performances and a goalless streak before deciding if he is a Kevin Campbell or a Klinsmann. Let's not forget that only a few months ago that Townsend was the future of the club and country.

A good post, agree with most of it.

The big question is it form or talent. I want to wait to see how he responds to a few bad performances and a goalless streak before deciding if he is a Kevin Campbell or a Klinsmann. Let's not forget that only a few months ago that Townsend was the future of the club and country.

Of course form is playing a big part and it is unlikely he will keep up a similar level of performance for a massively long time. (I said the same with Bale tbf so maybe he can!)

But regardless of form he is 6,2, good in the air, very strong, has a turn of pace, has a great first touch, vision, passing, works hard and has desire - he will always be a handful so we need to buy another striker who can share the burden and suddenly we would have a very dangerous forward line.

The other thing to note is that since he has played for Spurs - he is scoring a goal every 90mins and he has scored right footed screamers, left footed thunderbolts, individual goals, headers, tap ins, free kicks, goals off crosses etc - such is the variety of goals, I doubt that any drought will ever last for any considerable length of time.

To me he looks like a complete player and could become a big PL player.

He said in commentary: "Brad Friedel said Brad Freidel is the best finisher in both passive and opposed practices." He meant Kane obviously.

Also said he's the best hitter of a cross shot in British football. And, to add another name to the list, said he reminded him of Clive Allen, in terms of his finishing.

He does drive the ball low and hard, which is quite difficult considering the characters of the modern ball (if you haven't tried it you must, no longer leather, very large "sweet spot" and very light).

He does drive the ball low and hard, which is quite difficult considering the characters of the modern ball (if you haven't tried it you must, no longer leather, very large "sweet spot" and very light).

One of the pundits reviewing him, called out one thing that if true, will stand him very well.

He claimed if you l00k at Kane before he hits every shot, he sets his balance, which is what allows him to hit so well (hence the comments by friedel/etc.). Looking back, I really can't think of Kane hitting row Z or getting under the ball, so lends some credence to the theory.

You can really see the work of Clive Allen in the striking of our academy players - he really did strike a football beautifully as a player.

You can really see the work of Clive Allen in the striking of our academy players - he really did strike a football beautifully as a player.
Good spot. Was amazing how often Clive would turn his defender with a swivel and almost in the same movement hit a beauty not unlike Kane's second.

One of the pundits reviewing him, called out one thing that if true, will stand him very well.

He claimed if you l00k at Kane before he hits every shot, he sets his balance, which is what allows him to hit so well (hence the comments by friedel/etc.). Looking back, I really can't think of Kane hitting row Z or getting under the ball, so lends some credence to the theory.

Mentioned the same myself earlier in this thread (or in another thread). Reminds me of Bale and some other world class players the way he sets himself, does it so well and so consistently, always seems to find his balance regardless of what just happened. Chelsea one was far from the first, or the last time he does that.

The other thing to note is that since he has played for Spurs - he is scoring a goal every 90mins and he has scored right footed screamers, left footed thunderbolts, individual goals, headers, tap ins, free kicks, goals off crosses etc - such is the variety of goals, I doubt that any drought will ever last for any considerable length of time.

This is what is so amazing about him

The only thing I am afraid of is burn out because we do not have another consistent striker we can rely on

Question to me is if he keeps up this form or even anything close to it how long will he stay? I really hope the lad shows loyalty

As others have said I tried to avoid aver getting really attached to one player but I can't help but love this lad it would break my heart if he left us after next season for Emirates Marketing Project or the like

Back