• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He didn't look that slow when he ran past players from the halfway line against Everton which resulted in Eriksen's goal, or when he robbed Cahill at Stamford Bridge and ran at goal, or when he skipped by Jonjo Shelvey last week.

Nice to see Kane on a goal scoring run. He has already scored 12 goals in total which is only 2 goals less than Adebayor's total of 14 goals last season. But Kane does has to score more league goals. Strikers are rated more by their goals in the league. So, hope Kane will score more goals in the league.

He has only started 6 league games so far, scoring twice. Before that he had accumulated a total of 95 or so minutes as a sub, scoring once.

Harry Kane targets 20-goal season for Tottenham and finishing above Arsenal - Telegraph

B5ah8kyCYAEDeio.jpg

Earlier in the season, when Kane scored that unfortunate late own goal against Sunderland which cost us the win, me and my 10yo nephew called him a donkey. But now he hardly looks like one. Instead, he looks more and more like a striker with a great future. It remains to be seen if he can continue his current goal run and go on to be a top class striker.

A very similar article in the Guardian

http://gu.com/p/44cet

And also in the local rag... hopefully all this good press doesn't go to his head!

Spurs star Kane: Why target for the season has changed - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Journal

Earlier in the season, when Kane scored that unfortunate late own goal against Sunderland which cost us the win, me and my 10yo nephew called him a donkey. But now he hardly looks like one. Instead, he looks more and more like a striker with a great future. It remains to be seen if he can continue his current goal run and go on to be a top class striker.

Must admit to having a low opinion of Kane after that clanger but he has really put in some good shifts in recent weeks and popped up with a few important goals. Although he could've scored a hat-trick yesterday if he'd got on the end of Lamela and Eriksen' low crosses (thankfully it wasn't as costly as Defoe' at the Etihad) but their understanding should improve with playing more games together at least.

And also in the local rag... hopefully all this good press doesn't go to his head!

Spurs star Kane: Why target for the season has changed - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Journal

Must admit to having a low opinion of Kane after that clanger but he has really put in some good shifts in recent weeks and popped up with a few important goals. Although he could've scored a hat-trick yesterday if he'd got on the end of Lamela and Eriksen' low crosses (thankfully it wasn't as costly as Defoe' at the Etihad) but their understanding should improve with playing more games together at least.

He was the best attacking player on the pitch in the way he linked up with the forwards, held it up and was a constant problem for their centre halves. Should have scored a second and nearly set up another two goals.

Why would anyone think less of him for that own goal when it hit him when unsited? Very harsh.

He was the best attacking player on the pitch in the way he linked up with the forwards, held it up and was a constant problem for their centre halves. Should have scored a second and nearly set up another two goals.

Why would anyone think less of him for that own goal when it hit him when unsited? Very harsh.

Because they have to find something wrong with everyone who plays for Spurs looking for faults rather than the positives a player has.

I was one of his biggest critics and shuddered at the thought he might be picked as first choice in the league. But the fact is, he is scoring goals, working hard and creating chances for others. I still dont think he's the long term answer but i will happily admit that my criticism of him was unfair.

Kane is getting better with every game, I never thought he would be the answer to our striker problem but he seems to be the best we have at the moment, so long may it continue.

I was one of his biggest critics and shuddered at the thought he might be picked as first choice in the league. But the fact is, he is scoring goals, working hard and creating chances for others. I still dont think he's the long term answer but i will happily admit that my criticism of him was unfair.

I didn't rate him when he first broke through. He looked weak and slow.

But he put on a load of bulk and that gave him the opportunity to show his intelligence

Now I think he's potentially the best English forward since Sheringham.

But he put on a load of bulk and that gave him the opportunity to show his intelligence

Has to keep working, and get better at finishing.

We and England don't need another striker who takes 4 chances to score 1 goal (and that's not being critical of Kane where he is, but more a view of what he needs to do to make the next step)

Has to keep working, and get better at finishing.

We and England don't need another striker who takes 4 chances to score 1 goal (and that's not being critical of Kane where he is, but more a view of what he needs to do to make the next step)

Are there any strikers that score better than 1 in 4, there can't be that many can there?

He's still learning the game and can only get better, wasn't Defoe something like a 1 in 7 or 8?

I don't think he has put on that much bulk, maybe a bit, i'd say its more down to getting game time and gaining confidence from the manager believing in him. If you were a youngster just breaking into the team you'd be nervous about fukcing up a chance or playing a bad pass, especially in front of our crowd. Kane though just seems to have that inner natural confidence, he misses, he just keeps going til the next chance, his head doesn't drop..... you can't train that.

I think he does show huge potential but don't want the press to put that pressure onto him. If he keeps progressing he will get the inevitable comparisons to celebrated English strikers such as Teddy and Shearer. They do this, they are currently doing Gazza comparisons with Ross Barkley up at Everton - let the guy develop. I hope MoPo is able to protect him in the way that Fergie did so well with his young promising players.

Are there any strikers that score better than 1 in 4, there can't be that many can there?

He's still learning the game and can only get better, wasn't Defoe something like a 1 in 7 or 8?

1 in 4 is Messi range. I think he probably just means 1 in every 4 good chances rather than just efforts on goal.

Thank you Sherwood for believing in Kane and giving him a chance, and well done to Poch and his coaches for improving his fitness, confidence, and all round play.

Top stuff, top player

Back