• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Excellently taken goal against Leeds, let alone the Hoddlesque pass to Son near the end for the fourth. Shows how his crown has slipped with some fans that his thread makes it way onto page 2.

He was fantastic.

Don't get the thinking,we have 2 world class players, surely we need more? Rather than get rid.

No world class player performs every game. That's why the best teams have lots of them. If one doesn't another will.

Last edited:
That’s always a song/tune associated with Emirates Marketing Project for me.
Heh. I've got fond memories of being able to hear the Emirates Marketing Project fans at Maine Road singing "You're my Alan Ball" while chilling out in the back garden of my student house.

Maybe something to the tune of "My old man's a dustman"...

I love Kane and Sonny,
They wear their scoring boots,
And when they cross the 'alfway line,
They run, they pass, they shoot!

Last edited:
Nice vid. Interesting the last bit.

Re that last bit, am I missing something?

At 8.47 the graph shows the expected goals FOR Tottenham (blue line) over the last few weeks under Conte to be massively higher than the expected goals AGAINST (red line). Yet that time line must surely include the City game in which the expected goals for Tottenham (1.93) were not insignificantly less than that for City (2.62). Doesn't seem to add up.

Re that last bit, am I missing something?

At 8.47 the graph shows the expected goals FOR Tottenham (blue line) over the last few weeks under Conte to be massively higher than the expected goals AGAINST (red line). Yet that time line must surely include the City game in which the expected goals for Tottenham (1.93) were not insignificantly less than that for City (2.62). Doesn't seem to add up.

Think it might be averaged out (it does say trend at the top). So recently our poor form has meant our expected xg under conte has fallen slightly overall while our opponents has increased (think this was done before the leeds game).

If that makes sense.

Think it might be averaged out (it does say trend at the top). So recently our poor form has meant our expected xg under conte has fallen slightly overall while our opponents has increased (think this was done before the leeds game).

If that makes sense.
Yes it has fallen recently but it's still way ahead of our opponents' average, and that's despite being mostly outplayed in several games recently, eg Chelsea, Southampton, Wolves, Burnley. I don't have access to the xg stats for those games but it's hard to believe our xg stats were ahead of our opponents in them.

So for me those expected goals stats still seem highly suspect.

Yes it has fallen recently but it's still way ahead of our opponents' average, and that's despite being mostly outplayed in several games recently, eg Chelsea, Southampton, Wolves, Burnley. I don't have access to the xg stats for those games but it's hard to believe our xg stats were ahead of our opponents in them.

So for me those expected goals stats still seem highly suspect.

Maybe. But it's coming from the athletic not the star.

Tbh the not the greatest fan of the whole xg, xg expected thing. Yes fans have bias that distort their views, so do pundits. But if there is a consensus on how well or badly we played, thats the marker.

As ridiculous as it may be to single him out today, the free kick “attempt” was tragic even by his standards consequently backed up by Lloris panicking and shanking a clearance all within the space of 10 seconds....This pair of incidents aren’t why we lost but wasn’t a great look for two of our leaders on the pitch.

As ridiculous as it may be to single him out today, the free kick “attempt” was tragic even by his standards consequently backed up by Lloris panicking and shanking a clearance all within the space of 10 seconds....This pair of incidents aren’t why we lost but wasn’t a great look for two of our leaders on the pitch.

Not why we lost but moments like that get the crowd going and the opposition feeds off it and then we’re on the back foot. There came a point in the second half when you could sense Boro starting to believe we were there for the taking. There is a mental weakness in our team. Not enough strong characters.

Not why we lost but moments like that get the crowd going and the opposition feeds off it and then we’re on the back foot. There came a point in the second half when you could sense Boro starting to believe we were there for the taking. There is a mental weakness in our team. Not enough strong characters.
Shame there was a weakness in their grass too
We had okayed losing their footing a lot tonight
It was a like a retro pitch

Look at our players around him, none of them are expecting anything to come from it.
There's no alertness for a deflection or the keeper blocking it that they can follow up on.
There's a resigned air about it all.

Made to look even worse when Dier steps up a few minutes later and almost puts his free kick in the top corner.

I find it genuinely bizarre that he’s still taking free kicks. He must know how brick he has been at them for almost 10 years now.

I find it genuinely bizarre that he’s still taking free kicks. He must know how brick he has been at them for almost 10 years now.
Or he knows but doesn't care.
Hugo can't kick, so should practice.
Left footers can't use their right, so should practice.
Harry Kane can't take free kicks, so.....

Back