• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Harry still has 3 years, that's a long time. If we get good results, he might even change his mind and renew. He didn't say he doesn't want to continue, he said he fears he has to move on, to get those results. We need to qualify for the UCL next year, problem is the top 4 are looking stronger and stronger, even Leicester has done well in the transfer market this summer and they will be give it another go. While us, we struggled to get a coach, didn't get one of our top choices, haven't made a transfer yet, haven't offloaded any of the dead wood and it doesn't look like we will go for any of the accomplished star power transfers, that we need to compete with the big boys.

Your getting hung up on the word 'asset', but no you generally cant capitalise an internally developed intangible (I am a qualified accountant!). I'm not sure how this works in the football world because its the player's registration with the club which is the 'asset'

Anyway, ignoring the word, we have something which is worth £150m today and which we could sell for £150m, but in 3 years it will be worth 0 under the above suggestion of allowing him to run his contract down. Thats not something whic Levy will do IMO
I agree
But it’s a carrot for Kane to keep him happy
He would by then have got close to or broke more BIG records and they do matter to Kane

he will also be 31

I think most of us on here agree that Southgate isn't a great manager, and that if we had appointed him coach we would not have high expectations.
And England as a squad aren't a top drawer side, but they are looking as likely to win the euros as anyone.
So, does this put into perspective Harry's, and indeed our, clamour for a top coach and players?
Much like what happened with us under poch, is a good team working together and pulling for each other more important for a club like us?
And if so is Harry likely to realise that, or care?

I think most of us on here agree that Southgate isn't a great manager, and that if we had appointed him coach we would not have high expectations.
And England as a squad aren't a top drawer side, but they are looking as likely to win the euros as anyone.
So, does this put into perspective Harry's, and indeed our, clamour for a top coach and players?
Much like what happened with us under poch, is a good team working together and pulling for each other more important for a club like us?
And if so is Harry likely to realise that, or care?

Coaching must have more of an impact in real football than in international football, though. One’s a professional competition and the other is essentially amateur.

People forget how much easier it is for us to get in CL next year due to the coefficient rule

we qualify for any level of Europe and we get CL unless we have a mare in the conference this season

Right now you have done it.

I am getting a bunch of coked up 20 year old blokes in too tight blue jeans and polo shirts down to the ground to protest.

People forget how much easier it is for us to get in CL next year due to the coefficient rule

we qualify for any level of Europe and we get CL unless we have a mare in the conference this season
Qualification via the coefficient rule comes in when the CL group stage is expanded to 36 teams for the 2024/25 season. Of course, at that point it would also depend on the 2 available places not being taken by teams ranked above us.

Qualification via the coefficient rule comes in when the CL group stage is expanded to 36 teams for the 2024/25 season. Of course, at that point it would also depend on the 2 available places not being taken by teams ranked above us.
Ok
I was told it was next season

Whatever happens with Kane, and I think he’ll go although I hope it’s not ugly, I think he’s a tremendous lad. Always struck me as just a great, great pro besides being immensely talented. I love the guy and always will as long as he doesn’t act the c**t when he goes.

At 41, you can’t have idols really but the 15 year old in me idolises Kane.
Perfectly put

Whatever happens with Kane, and I think he’ll go although I hope it’s not ugly, I think he’s a tremendous lad. Always struck me as just a great, great pro besides being immensely talented. I love the guy and always will as long as he doesn’t act the c**t when he goes.

At 41, you can’t have idols really but the 15 year old in me idolises Kane.
This is pretty much where I am at too.

Back