• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

History tells us that when the big clubs properly come in for our players then they get sold.

£130m would be second highest transfer fee ever. Yet Kane isn’t in top 10 paid players in the world. I think it might get messy if Levy puts a ridiculous fee on Kane’s head.

I imagine 90-100 million bid comes in we accept it, or as you say it gets messy.

Why would it get messy? Kane has a contract and he doesn't seem to be the type to down tools.

Lukaku went for 90m, I can't see Levy accepting that

Why would it get messy?

Kane’s agent/reps talk to press
Kane puts in minimal effort to get move
Refuses new deal which lowers his value

I wouldn’t rule anything out just because he doesn’t seem the type

Why would it get messy?

Or like Modric when he was refused a move, he knuckles down and gets his transfer a season later.
It doesn't have to get messy and I very much doubt it will.

Why would it get messy?

Kane’s agent is his brother
Guys not really an agent and has only dealt with levy and Tottenham

History tells us that when the big clubs properly come in for our players then they get sold.

£130m would be second highest transfer fee ever. Yet Kane isn’t in top 10 paid players in the world. I think it might get messy if Levy puts a ridiculous fee on Kane’s head.

You said that before
Messy how?
Kane can’t argue his pay without signing a new contract
So Spurs say you can go for £150m which means one or two clubs can afford him
That’s how we value him and if (which you said before) he argues that values not respective of his pay the club will offer him a new contract

Yep, I think so too. City desperately need a striker and I can’t see them getting Haaland or Mbappe.

I reckon we might start to see the cash flow, with players coming in, and then bang, he’s gone at end of window a la Bale to Madrid to offset what we’ve spent.

City doesn't use strikers (Pep used Aquero under duress), he likes the no striker flimflam.

Could Kane leave? = sure, the but is ..

- City neither uses outright strikers nor do they pay £120M+ for players (they have a cap on how much they buy for)
- United board avoids doing business with us
- Anyone who is going to pay £120-£150M for a striker/attacking player will look at Haaland/Mbappe/Naynmar first (youth or profile)

City doesn't use strikers (Pep used Aquero under duress), he likes the no striker flimflam.

Could Kane leave? = sure, the but is ..

- City neither uses outright strikers nor do they pay £120M+ for players (they have a cap on how much they buy for)
- United board avoids doing business with us
- Anyone who is going to pay £120-£150M for a striker/attacking player will look at Haaland/Mbappe/Naynmar first (youth or profile)

These are the same points I was trying to bring to attention. We moan about acting like a big club, then assume we'll sell Kane just because...

Transfers are more than just about ability, amongst the demographic that spends (kids) the profile of Mbappe/Neymar/Haaland is way higher. Look at people's Fifa's teams. Kane isn't 'sexy' in the way those players are.

Even if he wants to leave there still needs to be someone prepared to pay Levy's valuation and before that Levy has to agree to sell. I see no reason for Levy agreeing to that at the minimum he might say gives us one more season and see what happens.

My worry is that another season of a disenfranchised Kane does similar - probably more, given our reliance on him - damage as was done by holding on to Eriksen too long.

Just a personal opinion, but I think it already looks like our situation is weighing him down - body language, I know, I know! - so would getting say £100m in the hand now to reinvest in a buyer’s market, when keeping him may see morale dip further, be better?

Having said that, i’m not sure I trust our current recruitment team to spend it wisely. Bring in a proper DoF a la Campos / Rangnick and it’s potentially a different matter.

I’m really torn. Obviously I’d prefer to keep a fully motivated Kane regardless of any fee, but I just feel there is a case to be made that selling now might, might, just be the best thing for us in the long run.

Kane's body language is always tough to read - there's been many games each season where he's looked dis-interested

I can't see why we would sell him for less than a world record fee and no one can afford to pay that in the current market. He is on a long contract, so there is no urgency to sell. He isn't the type to down tools and if he's here next season, I expect him to be as hungry as he has ever been.

My worry is that another season of a disenfranchised Kane does similar - probably more, given our reliance on him - damage as was done by holding on to Eriksen too long.

Just a personal opinion, but I think it already looks like our situation is weighing him down - body language, I know, I know! - so would getting say £100m in the hand now to reinvest in a buyer’s market, when keeping him may see morale dip further, be better?

Having said that, i’m not sure I trust our current recruitment team to spend it wisely. Bring in a proper DoF a la Campos / Rangnick and it’s potentially a different matter.

I’m really torn. Obviously I’d prefer to keep a fully motivated Kane regardless of any fee, but I just feel there is a case to be made that selling now might, might, just be the best thing for us in the long run.
I'd love having Kane next season as disinterested as he's been this season. He should win player of the season hands down

I can't see why we would sell him for less than a world record fee and no one can afford to pay that in the current market. He is on a long contract, so there is no urgency to sell. He isn't the type to down tools and if he's here next season, I expect him to be as hungry as he has ever been.
Because were nice
It’s what nice clubs do
He deserves to go
He will never win things here even if we’re in finals
We’re a mess
He is broken
His ankles are made of cheese
I mean there are many reasons why we should sell him according to our fans

Because were nice
It’s what nice clubs do
He deserves to go
He will never win things here even if we’re in finals
We’re a mess
He is broken
His ankles are made of cheese
I mean there are many reasons why we should sell him according to our fans

There's only one that will count in the boardroom and that is a bid so big that it is impossible to refuse and that's £200m+

Back