• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

You think they should?

I think they should be smart. Let's face it, if Kane is not going to jump then there is no need for them to go barreling in; just jump and win your header without ploughing through.

In all honesty, this "controversy" is absolutely another attempt to smear Kane with something IMO. It has been done by the scousers before (remember the goal he claimed which ended up seeing hm trolled y half their squad as well as their fans)? Clams.

In all honesty, this "controversy" is absolutely another attempt to smear Kane with something IMO. It has been done by the scousers before (remember the goal he claimed which ended up seeing hm trolled y half their squad as well as their fans)? Clams.

It started with Liverpool fans this time too but other clubs have joined in since

It's not him that is jumping across a player though
It's actually only the one he got a penalty from where he's just standing still. In the others, Kane backs into the player when they are mid air. That's something completely different! It's on purpose, it's dangerous, and he knows exactly what he's doing. It's a foul all day, and he's been lucky to get away with it so far.

We both know what he's trying to do milo - it's not an honest attempt to play the ball, he's looking for contact and a free kick. It's as dishonest as diving but far more dangerous. If this is how it works, it could make goalkeepers coming to claim the ball very interesting too.

Just out of interest, are you OK with players getting in between an opponent and the ball to ensure that the opponent cannot get the ball without going through or otherwise making contact with the player? I can't see any difference with this situation and what you're moaning about. If a player jumps to win a ball and cannot avoid making contact with a player who is between himself and the ball, then there is always a risk that it could be perceived as being a foul. We all go mad when someone (usually Aurier) goes clattering into a player from behind, particularly when that player is going nowhere. In truth, it's normally just the opponent being clever enough to position himself between the player and the ball to ensure that the ball cannot be won cleanly with at least some contact. Defenders in this situation should be sensible enough to just stand off and jockey. This is effectively all Kane is doing, and frankly I think players are mugs for trying to jump over the top of a stationary player when they cannot possibly win the ball without making contact with the player.

Just out of interest, are you OK with players getting in between an opponent and the ball to ensure that the opponent cannot get the ball without going through or otherwise making contact with the player? I can't see any difference with this situation and what you're moaning about. If a player jumps to win a ball and cannot avoid making contact with a player who is between himself and the ball, then there is always a risk that it could be perceived as being a foul. We all go mad when someone (usually Aurier) goes clattering into a player from behind, particularly when that player is going nowhere. In truth, it's normally just the opponent being clever enough to position himself between the player and the ball to ensure that the ball cannot be won cleanly with at least some contact. Defenders in this situation should be sensible enough to just stand off and jockey. This is effectively all Kane is doing, and frankly I think players are mugs for trying to jump over the top of a stationary player when they cannot possibly win the ball without making contact with the player.

If Kane was just holding his ground, I'd completely agree with you. But he's not. He's moving into an opposition player's path who is committed to trying to head the ball in order to draw a foul. He's not trying to play the ball, he's not stationary and what he's doing could cause a broken neck as it did here -

If this was an opposition player, people on here would be up in arms.

I think they should be smart. Let's face it, if Kane is not going to jump then there is no need for them to go barreling in; just jump and win your header without ploughing through.

Or be closer to Kane in the first place so that when the ball is in the air they are able to nip in front and win it. There are certain situations where you simply cannot win the ball, and if you are behind the player that is one of those situations. Defenders shouldn't try and win balls they cannot possibly win; they are better off trying to win the second ball from the lay off, or tackle cleanly once Kane has brought it down.

To be fair, I think most of the time Kane is moving into the area where the ball is dropping. He is not moving deliberately to block another player's path. The Lallana situation is a good example, as the ball was in the air he dropped a yard or two into the area where the ball was dropping and Lallana recklessly tried to win a header he had no hope of winning cleanly. Yes, of course Kane knew he was there, but you could argue that Lallana knew Kane was there too, and yet still decided to clatter into the back of him in a hopeless attempt to win the ball.

To be fair, I think most of the time Kane is moving into the area where the ball is dropping. He is not moving deliberately to block another player's path. The Lallana situation is a good example, as the ball was in the air he dropped a yard or two into the area where the ball was dropping and Lallana recklessly tried to win a header he had no hope of winning cleanly. Yes, of course Kane knew he was there, but you could argue that Lallana knew Kane was there too, and yet still decided to clatter into the back of him in a hopeless attempt to win the ball.

He's really not. Look at the West Ham one. He's had a look behind him to see where the player is jumping, moved into his path and started to go down before he's even felt any contact. It's clear what he's doing. On the Gabriel one, I don't think Kane is even putting himself in a natural position to bring the ball down. He's just making sure he gets hit and his body position looks like he's making sure he isn't going to get hurt.

Lallana was a bit reckless and stupid. But Kane has still bought the foul. He's had two looks over his shoulder and made no honest attempt to challenge for the ball.

And I repeat, he has got himself in between the player and the ball, and the opponent should be sensible enough to know he cannot win it without clattering into Kane and shouldn't be jumping in in that situation. Kane is being clever; defenders are repeatedly being stupid.

And I repeat, he has got himself in between the player and the ball, and the opponent should be sensible enough to know he cannot win it without clattering into Kane and shouldn't be jumping in in that situation. Kane is being clever; defenders are repeatedly being stupid.

Kane is not between them and the ball when the defender is attempting to head the ball. He moves into their path and leans into them. With what you're suggesting, no player should ever take a running jump for a header because someone, like Kane, could move between them and the ball.

Kane is not between them and the ball when the defender is attempting to head the ball. He moves into their path and leans into them. With what you're suggesting, no player should ever take a running jump for a header because someone, like Kane, could move between them and the ball.

you've nailed the answer there

I think everyone has got these incidents wrong, it's not whether it's a foul or dangerous play, it's about Harry Kane and the childish attitude other fans have about him. In any other country he would be a national hero yet here millions are wanting him to fail even if it means England losing. This season he was being lauded for his all round game so they must look for something to hit him with.

If Kane was just holding his ground, I'd completely agree with you. But he's not. He's moving into an opposition player's path who is committed to trying to head the ball in order to draw a foul. He's not trying to play the ball, he's not stationary and what he's doing could cause a broken neck as it did here -

If this was an opposition player, people on here would be up in arms.

Thats awful, horrific injury. But it wasn't a foul.

I think everyone has got these incidents wrong, it's not whether it's a foul or dangerous play, it's about Harry Kane and the childish attitude other fans have about him. In any other country he would be a national hero yet here millions are wanting him to fail even if it means England losing. This season he was being lauded for his all round game so they must look for something to hit him with.
You nailed it!

Back