• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Premier League Combined Goals and Assists

18 - KANE (8 goals/10 assists)
13 - SON (10/3)

11 - Calvert-Lewin (11/0)
11 - Salad (9/2)
11 - Vardy (9/2)
11 - Fernandes (7/4)
10 - Grealish (5/5)
9 - Bamford (8/1)
9 - Wilson (7/2)
9 - Zaha (7/2)
8 - De Bruyne (6/2)

(includes all todays games)
We all know what Kane is. An 8 goal 10 assist wonder.

it's not a ’stay up’ at all cost situation. I'm just not sure Jose needs to work him in a too much in tracking back scenario.
It depends on the opponents and score in the game.

Chelsea put us under a fair bit of pressure in that second half, we were happy enough to defend the point and hope for a counter attacking opportunity.

Don't think we'll see the same at 0-0 vs. Palace for example.

Kane being able and willing to do that job is a big positive for us. Grind out the results when we have to, play when we can.

And he still scores... There's nothing to be concerned about.

It depends on the opponents and score in the game.

Chelsea put us under a fair bit of pressure in that second half, we were happy enough to defend the point and hope for a counter attacking opportunity.

Don't think we'll see the same at 0-0 vs. Palace for example.

Kane being able and willing to do that job is a big positive for us. Grind out the results when we have to, play when we can.

And he still scores... There's nothing to be concerned about.
Chelsea actually offered less than city did

I know this is probably a daft thing to say ( but imo it spot on), he has reached new heights this season and a lot of that is not only down to him but Jose has given him the freedom to play all over the pitch. I said a few years ago he reminded me so much of Sheringham and the way Teddy used to drop deep and spread the ball around, well Kane is now doing that a lot more and it shows in his figures.

I know this is probably a daft thing to say ( but imo it spot on), he has reached new heights this season and a lot of that is not only down to him but Jose has given him the freedom to play all over the pitch. I said a few years ago he reminded me so much of Sheringham and the way Teddy used to drop deep and spread the ball around, well Kane is now doing that a lot more and it shows in his figures.
Teddy wasn’t as good as Kane at that kind of stuff

Kane and Son are essentially now doing the jobs of both Eriksen and Alli as well as their own and it's a credit to them both that we are managing to maintain our current position with them leading the line. With lesser two players in attack we'd either need a different approach or be nowhere near the top.

I see Kane is getting some heat on social media for backing in to opponents when they go for headers. It’s not the rules that says both players have to jump. And doesn’t the other player have a responsibility to look after his own safety and the opponent by not crashing into Kane. People say Kane could cause the other player to break his neck but what about Kane? He could easily sustain an injury to the head, neck or back. At worst it’s obstruction. Bit like when defenders shield the ball out of play. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul but it’s ok if you’re stopping the other player getting to the ball before it goes out of play. I feel a lot of people have it in for Kane. Part of it is jealousy and some of his diving but other than that I literally cannot think of a more professional, likeable role model for kids than Harry Kane. You never hear a peep from when it comes to off the field stuff either.

I see Kane is getting some heat on social media for backing in to opponents when they go for headers. It’s not the rules that says both players have to jump. And doesn’t the other player have a responsibility to look after his own safety and the opponent by not crashing into Kane. People say Kane could cause the other player to break his neck but what about Kane? He could easily sustain an injury to the head, neck or back. At worst it’s obstruction. Bit like when defenders shield the ball out of play. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul but it’s ok if you’re stopping the other player getting to the ball before it goes out of play. I feel a lot of people have it in for Kane. Part of it is jealousy and some of his diving but other than that I non-figuratively cannot think of a more professional, likeable role model for kids than Harry Kane. You never hear a peep from when it comes to off the field stuff either.
I think it’s just the tribal nature of things. Henderson is probably a good role model off the pitch too, I’m not sure any player ever gets unanimous approval, especially while they are active.

I think it’s just the tribal nature of things. Henderson is probably a good role model off the pitch too, I’m not sure any player ever gets unanimous approval, especially while they are active.

I think you are right. I must admit I didn’t like Shearer or Gerrard for different reasons but both were undoubtedly great players. Hopefully Kane can win something for spurs and England and then people might truly appreciate how great he is. He’s one of the best passers of the ball in world football.

I don't mean to be OTT, but it seems he's doing a bit of the Ronaldo remodel of his role in the middle of his career.

The change this year has been amazing, yes he always had those components (Spurs fans always knew he could pass), but he's putting all together, he can score, he can assist, he can cause teams to have CB/CMs pulled out of position or risk creating huge spaces that Spurs exploit ..

If he played for United/Pool/Chelsea the narrative would be very different

I see Kane is getting some heat on social media for backing in to opponents when they go for headers. It’s not the rules that says both players have to jump. And doesn’t the other player have a responsibility to look after his own safety and the opponent by not crashing into Kane. People say Kane could cause the other player to break his neck but what about Kane? He could easily sustain an injury to the head, neck or back. At worst it’s obstruction. Bit like when defenders shield the ball out of play. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul but it’s ok if you’re stopping the other player getting to the ball before it goes out of play. I feel a lot of people have it in for Kane. Part of it is jealousy and some of his diving but other than that I non-figuratively cannot think of a more professional, likeable role model for kids than Harry Kane. You never hear a peep from when it comes to off the field stuff either.

MY problem with that BS is, so many other strong strikers do it all the time .. call out all or none, certainly not only Kane does it.

He's rightly being called out, because he does it on purpose, and it's dangerous. The fact that he's got away with it so far, or that others do it too, is not a counter argument. The one where he got the penalty is the only one where he wasn't at fault. He backed and then waited for the player.
In the other ones, Kane backs into players that are already in the air, and he does it on purpose. Its very dangerous, because there is no way to defend yourself against it, and there's a real chance you fall awkwardly.
If other players did that to him, this forum would be in carnage and rage!

I don't mean to be OTT, but it seems he's doing a bit of the Ronaldo remodel of his role in the middle of his career.

The change this year has been amazing, yes he always had those components (Spurs fans always knew he could pass), but he's putting all together, he can score, he can assist, he can cause teams to have CB/CMs pulled out of position or risk creating huge spaces that Spurs exploit ..

If he played for United/Pool/Chelsea the narrative would be very different

I can't dance with that at all, you can also say he could play CB when you see just how many headers he wins when we are defending corners. One weakness is i would like to see him taken off freekicks :)

Back