• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Even under Poch though half the issues were Kane not staying around the penalty box and shooting. That thing that is his best attribute, dropping back drifting wide trying to win the game all on his own.
Doesn’t seem to have quite the power for those shots he used to blast in from around the edge of the area. Hopefully psychological and not his ankle being significantly weaker due to all the injuries.

Even under Poch though half the issues were Kane not staying around the penalty box and shooting. That thing that is his best attribute, dropping back drifting wide trying to win the game all on his own.
Spot on . It’s been like that for a couple seasons now.

Watching him trying to make a run at one point in the second half was painful he just lumbered up the pitch . So far off the pace.

I know it’s his first game back and all but he should have been hooked. We play him sometimes at the detriment to the team.

The problem is that he always seems to need 5 or 6 games to get back to his level after an injury. He’ll probably get a hat trick in the final game of the season to secure us 8th place.

Kane could be fully fit in the form of his life but playing in a counter attacking team doesn't suit him.

He doesn't have the pace to run in behind. So where does that leave him when the manager insists on playing like that?

He has to drop deep pick up the ball like a number 10 and play in the likes of Son and Bergwijn.

I'll judge him when he's actually played as a striker. Tonight he attempted around the same amount of passes as Sissoko.

Hopefully just needs a few games to get up to speed, although ManU continue to be a bogey side for him and Spurs.

72D719F0-DFE5-44B0-9C62-30124B7599BB.png 7025AB82-7817-408C-81B1-A0806DCC6A7F.jpeg

I think that a fit Kane will be quite comfortable playing as a target man, bullying defenders and laying off the ball to inside forwards.
Absolutely, I’d be quite happy if he ends up being that guy. Over the past year or probably longer that’s been one of my main gripes with him that he is not in a central position half the time. Defenders seldom bully him off the ball so either he could get his shot off in a good central position or he can lay it off to a Son/Berjwign(sp)who are more than capable of doing some damage. Yes we all know Kane can pass a ball etc but he isn’t hurting the opposition as much as he should floating around all the areas he does. Would also mean he’d do less running and stay fresher if he remained central most of the time....

I think that a fit Kane will be quite comfortable playing as a target man, bullying defenders and laying off the ball to inside forwards.

GHod I hope so. With Steve and Son and Moura all available I'd hope this works. I want to think yesterday was purely him not having been in a match for over 6 months.

Back