• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I thought he had a great game
Lead the line which gave space for son to tear into
Defended well
Scored his penalty
Hit the post
And fluffed a shot when they had about 5 players in front of him
He was man marked today and that’s tough so he moves about to create space for others

Had a poor game in my book. Didn't do anything an average player wouldn't do. What irritates me is the dive in positions where he has an opportunity to test the keeper.

Hmm, he did win the ball well in the air in the build up to our 1st, took a fudging mean pen and hit the post with quality effort considering the angle. Agree with the dive point though, him and Dele, proper wretched stuff to see.

He was certainly playing smart there, but can anyone explain to me why Sokratis puts two hands on Kane and pushes him? All he had to do was raise his arms when Kane did that and it is absolutely clear he could do nothing. Instead, he gives him a little shove. Kane is becoming the new Bale. Atkinson bottled it. Anyone anything to say about Ceballos on Dele BTW, or as that a dive too?

He was certainly playing smart there, but can anyone explain to me why Sokratis puts two hands on Kane and pushes him? All he had to do was raise his arms when Kane did that and it is absolutely clear he could do nothing. Instead, he gives him a little shove. Kane is becoming the new Bale. Atkinson bottled it. Anyone anything to say about Ceballos on Dele BTW, or as that a dive too?

The Ceballos one was a foul. The other Dele one and the Kane ones absolutely were not fouls. Football is a contact sport and you’ve got to expect contact at some point. If Aubemeyang had done that to us and won a penalty I would be raging. Kane doesn’t to become the new bale. Bale is brilliant and got fouled a lot but he was also a blatant cheat. We only excused it because he played for Spurs. I see no one making the same allowances for any non THFC player.

Or Xhaka’s 4 bookables?

Think it would have been a soft pen for Kane, but they’ve absolutely been given, Salah gets 1 a month like that.

Ref was very poor today without doing any howlers. A culmination of poor 50/50 calls can kill you. It’s what we saw today and the same in the gamecat Wembley last season. Think Arsenal are very underestimated in this regard, they get some nice decisions.

The one thing I don’t understand is why commentators say that Kane moved in front of the defender to get contact and that he plays for penalties.

1. Surely an attacking player moves ahead of defender to block him off. This means Sokratis couldn’t get the ball without making a foul.
2. Doesn’t excuse Sokratis having both his hands on Kane and pushing him.

Now Kane made the most of the contact but I’d still argue that it was a foul.

He’s not in the game as much as he used to be but he still impacts it more than most. Surprised by the one he didn’t take first time but was also surprised how close he came to scoring from the acute angle..definitely not surprised he scored yet another important pen.

Will be better when the team settles and he can predict when and where he will receive the ball, Alli and maybe NDom will help with that.

The one thing I don’t understand is why commentators say that Kane moved in front of the defender to get contact and that he plays for penalties.

1. Surely an attacking player moves ahead of defender to block him off. This means Sokratis couldn’t get the ball without making a foul.
2. Doesn’t excuse Sokratis having both his hands on Kane and pushing him.

Now Kane made the most of the contact but I’d still argue that it was a foul.

Because he does play for penalties. He certainly isn’t alone in that regard but he’s also not above diving or making the most of contact and trying to win a pen. Vardy does it too but he gets called a diver on this forum. Salah does it and rightfully gets called a diver.

I will say as a defender you run the risk of giving away a penalty if you put your hands on a forward but it’s a contact sport and you’ve got to expect some contact. Sanchez often puts his hands on forwards and shoves them but he’s very clever at getting it just right to knock people off their stride without conceding the foul.

Because he does play for penalties. He certainly isn’t alone in that regard but he’s also not above diving or making the most of contact and trying to win a pen. Vardy does it too but he gets called a diver on this forum. Ham Salad does it and rightfully gets called a diver.

I will say as a defender you run the risk of giving away a penalty if you put your hands on a forward but it’s a contact sport and you’ve got to expect some contact. Sanchez often puts his hands on forwards and shoves them but he’s very clever at getting it just right to knock people off their stride without conceding the foul.

Agree
Playing for penalties isn’t diving.
I thought Torrera for example went down every time he was in close contact today and the ref was 20 yards away every time
The ref was poorly positioned for Kane’s tumble but IMO its not a penalty
Will say though the foul on dele was clear and the ref was awful on that too

The Ceballos one was a foul. The other Dele one and the Kane ones absolutely were not fouls. Football is a contact sport and you’ve got to expect contact at some point. If Aubemeyang had done that to us and won a penalty I would be raging. Kane doesn’t to become the new bale. Bale is brilliant and got fouled a lot but he was also a blatant cheat. We only excused it because he played for Spurs. I see no one making the same allowances for any non THFC player.

Have to say the one they “won” for the free kick before the first goal wasn’t a foul IMO either

I would love to see Kane getting back to being a striker: in the box, around the box, challenging for headers, taking shots, looking good. This weird two up top with Kane playing off Moura or whoever else, is, frankly, rubbish.

All this Kane playing deep stuff started in for England in the world cup. He was dreadful there and I don't think he's recovered since. I don't know if he is being deployed incorrectly due to his own wishes or at the behest of the manager, but I'm afraid this current version of Kane is an ok player who flitters in and out of games. If he plays this way for the whole season, he'll likely pick up 12-15 league goals, as an ok striker in our side would.

The other Kane, the one we seem determined not to let see the light of day, is a world-class goalscoring machine. This current Kane is light years behind the likes of Aguero.

I would love to see Kane getting back to being a striker: in the box, around the box, challenging for headers, taking shots, looking good. This weird two up top with Kane playing off Moura or whoever else, is, frankly, rubbish.

All this Kane playing deep stuff started in for England in the world cup. He was dreadful there and I don't think he's recovered since. I don't know if he is being deployed incorrectly due to his own wishes or at the behest of the manager, but I'm afraid this current version of Kane is an ok player who flitters in and out of games. If he plays this way for the whole season, he'll likely pick up 12-15 league goals, as an ok striker in our side would.

The other Kane, the one we seem determined not to let see the light of day, is a world-class goalscoring machine. This current Kane is light years behind the likes of Aguero.

Totally agree and i dont understand why Kane seems to be dropping deeper. We had a striker approaching 30 goals a season and we have made him play with one hand tied behind his back.

Not to dissimilar to Dele.

I can see only two reasons

1. He's spoken of desire to be seen as more than a goal scorer

Or/and

2. He's physically fudged and this is the way to get him through games.

Aubamayang did do it to us. Last season at Wembley.

I’ve noticed so far this season the refs have been leaning in general to ‘no pen’ and letting VAR then check.

For that reason, if I were Kane I’d immediately start staying on my feet wherever possible. He/we could have scored from open play last week and had he got his head up today instead of concentrating on Sokratis he would have seen GLC unmarked in the middle waiting for a tap in.

I’m not saying he’s done anything wrong btw, I just think he’s flogging a dead horse so might aswell make the most of the situation he’s in from open play.

Because he does play for penalties. He certainly isn’t alone in that regard but he’s also not above diving or making the most of contact and trying to win a pen. Vardy does it too but he gets called a diver on this forum. Ham Salad does it and rightfully gets called a diver.

Sokratis put two hands on him and shoved him. How much clearer can it be? If Sokaratis shaped up with a shoulder to shoulder there, it is nothing. Instead he is clumsy. And gets away with it.

Or Xhaka’s 4 bookables?

Think it would have been a soft pen for Kane, but they’ve absolutely been given, Ham Salad gets 1 a month like that.

Ref was very poor today without doing any howlers. A culmination of poor 50/50 calls can kill you. It’s what we saw today and the same in the gamecat Wembley last season. Think Arsenal are very underestimated in this regard, they get some nice decisions.

Absolutely but be careful staying that around here, apparently you will be accused of tinted glasses, etc, etc...

Kane made too much of it. Waited for the contact and launched himself from the hips. Was obvious to me it wasn't a natural tumble. Probably the only thing that cúnt Atkinson didn't get mugged off by though.

Back