• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He didnt need to look up he knew exactly where Soldado was and knew exactly how far wide Soldado would miss when he got it.

It is too early to draw any conclusions. His goals have dried up a bit in recent weeks, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. You don't carry on averaging a goal a game forever, not playing for Spurs at least.

A couple of things annoy me with him, though. I think he is becoming too selfish. Today he should have passed the ball to Chadli on his chance in the second half. I know strikers want to score, but it is more important that the team scores. Play for the team, not for yourself. If a team mate has a bigger chance of scoring, you pass the ball.

He also strays offside too easily. It is one thing to make a run and get caught marginally offside, but on too many occassions he is standing is an offside position without making any effort to get onside. He is starting to become a bit Defoe-ish.
He knew Where Chadli was alright just refused to pass.
Disappointingly, Chadli wasn't exactly demanding the ball nor did he complain afterwards. For me that indicates a far greater malaise at the Club, we just don't really care, players and owners just take the money.
Hopefully, Kane will mature but it might need a very strong manager a la Fergie or Mourinho to make it happen.

He knew Where Chadli was alright just refused to pass.
Disappointingly, Chadli wasn't exactly demanding the ball nor did he complain afterwards. For me that indicates a far greater malaise at the Club, we just don't really care, players and owners just take the money.
Hopefully, Kane will mature but it might need a very strong manager a la Fergie or Mourinho to make it happen.

That's reading a bit too much into the situation, in my opinion. When your top scorer is one on one with the keeper you'd expect him to have a go. No use blaming him for trying.

That's reading a bit too much into the situation, in my opinion. When your top scorer is one on one with the keeper you'd expect him to have a go. No use blaming him for trying.
Except he wasn't one on one, DeMichelis and Mandala had already covered the shot.
A top class striker has an idea where his nearest team mates are. He knew.

Except he wasn't one on one, DeMichelis and Mandala had already covered the shot.
A top class striker has an idea where his nearest team mates are. He knew.

I'm not so sure, the ball came to him fortuitously and he had to battle for it, it then got stuck under his feet, I'm not sure he ever got his head up

also whilst chadli was in a decent radius of space any ball to him would have to have crossed 2 defenders who may have been able to reach and intercept

if you get a shot off, on target, forcing the keeper into a save you've not done anything wrong imo

had he passed and chadli missed we'd be saying he should have had a shot, likewise Lamela had the ball drop to him in a lovely position and he tried a cute pass to Mason who was blocked

From tonight's Monday Night Football

dtHrAH0.png

I have been impressed by Kane this season but over the last few games, something seems to have occurred. I dont know if it is mental fatigue or a case of selfish-itis. He misses easy passes to other team mates. Shoots from bizarre angles and seems very tired within 20 mins. I am also not sure if other teams have sussed him out as well. The major question for me is 'Is Kane still enjoying football?' I dont see that joy anymore.

I have been impressed by Kane this season but over the last few games, something seems to have occurred. I dont know if it is mental fatigue or a case of selfish-itis. He misses easy passes to other team mates. Shoots from bizarre angles and seems very tired within 20 mins. I am also not sure if other teams have sussed him out as well. The major question for me is 'Is Kane still enjoying football?' I dont see that joy anymore.

Fatigue, minor drop in form, teams doubling up on him more, us not giving him as many chances .. all of the above.

Mentally we are out for lunch, that few percentage points of being totally focused or not is huge (see Cheat$ki - West Brom)

Season needs to end, Kane needs to reset, put his number back to zero, go out prove it to the world again. And Poch and the club needs to buy/structure to support his effort even more next season, it's critical that we set up in a away that if opponents double/triple up on Kane, we punish them another way, that gives us and Kane the best chance at sustained success.

Fatigue, minor drop in form, teams doubling up on him more, us not giving him as many chances .. all of the above.

Mentally we are out for lunch, that few percentage points of being totally focused or not is huge (see Cheat$ki - West Brom)

Season needs to end, Kane needs to reset, put his number back to zero, go out prove it to the world again. And Poch and the club needs to buy/structure to support his effort even more next season, it's critical that we set up in a away that if opponents double/triple up on Kane, we punish them another way, that gives us and Kane the best chance at sustained success.

Are you worried by the fact that we are mentally out for lunch?.... I think that seriously shows a lack of winners within our first team and teams without winners don't tend to win things.

Reactions: DTA
Are you worried by the fact that we are mentally out for lunch?.... I think that seriously shows a lack of winners within our first team and teams without winners don't tend to win things.

focus and winning mentality can be separate things

Most teams who have nothing left to play for lose some level of focus (I'm not saying it's even a conscious decision), could be a small bit, but margins matter at the top level of the game.

The winners brick .. another argument that I'm not sure I want to get into, there are people on this board who would say we lack a winning mentality if we lost to fudging Barca, completely ignoring the skill gap, investment, experience, etc ... England does not fail in world cups because the side is full of bottlers ... it does so because of bricky management/selection/tactics and lack of quality players (as compared to the sides that do win).

focus and winning mentality can be separate things

Most teams who have nothing left to play for lose some level of focus (I'm not saying it's even a conscious decision), could be a small bit, but margins matter at the top level of the game.

The winners crud .. another argument that I'm not sure I want to get into, there are people on this board who would say we lack a winning mentality if we lost to fudgeing Barca, completely ignoring the skill gap, investment, experience, etc ... England does not fail in world cups because the side is full of bottlers ... it does so because of crudty management/selection/tactics and lack of quality players (as compared to the sides that do win).
But that's just it.... We seemed to switch off while we did have something to play for and that is inexcusable.

Reactions: DTA
not saying that it can't be true, but seriously fatique has got to be the most overused unsubstantiated excuse on this board.

our fitness routine, the coach's rotation policy, the nutrition regime ...something has got to be questioned if its endemic, especially since we have mostly high energy youngish players.

harzard looks good from start to end, so does sterling (rogers did have him on a vacation mid season), and many others.

not saying that it can't be true, but seriously fatique has got to be the most overused unsubstantiated excuse on this board.

our fitness routine, the coach's rotation policy, the nutrition regime ...something has got to be questioned if its endemic, especially since we have mostly high energy youngish players.

harzard looks good from start to end, so does sterling (rogers did have him on a vacation mid season), and many others.
Indeed. The following out field players played 37 PL games this season:
Berahinho, Cresswell, Elmohamady, Eriksen, Hazard, Ivanovic, N'Zonzi, Pelle, John Terry, Trippier
The following played 36 or 35 games:
Downing, Fonte, Henderson, Jagielka, Janmaat, Wes Morgan, Puncheon, Perez, Ulloa, Ward, Boyd, Cahill, Caulker, Carzola, Livermore, Lukaku, Matic, O'Shea, Sterling, Willian,

If we exclude Livermore as we know he was receiving some chemical help.... Why is it that so many of the players above didn't seem to suffer from any mental or physical fatigue?

It leads me to again question whether it is was fatigue we suffered from or a simple lack of desire....

If the supposed streuous training regime is to be believed then perhaps it's a case of there being short term problems in order for long term benefit - if we're experiencing similar problems in the second half next season it'll be cause for worry, but in the managers first season? Not too serious

If the supposed streuous training regime is to be believed then perhaps it's a case of there being short term problems in order for long term benefit - if we're experiencing similar problems in the second half next season it'll be cause for worry, but in the managers first season? Not too serious
I guess time will tell.... But don't Biesla teams also run out of steam as the season progresses?

he did not start playing regularly until November so its been a short season for him. But I do worry now that he is in the U21's that he will be playing non stop this year. I would let him go on Holiday straight after the Everton game so he gets some time off before the U21 Championship. Then give him another 2-3 weeks off after the tournament so he can freshen up for the forthcoming season.

Back