• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don't think that's a derisory offer to be honest. Of course, it's an opening bid so we can get more. But we ain't getting 150m for someone who is almost 30 years old and in the last year of his contract.
It's close to 50% less than what we should be looking for, £80m should be realistic.

Also levy would prefer he goes abroad.
This is the rub. We definitely want him to go abroad BUT Kane may simply not want to. So who calls the shots?.

It's interesting...For Bayern to make a 'formal bid' you'd have expected them to have at least spoken to HKs people to guage if a move abroad is something he'd be interested in in the first place.

This is the rub. We definitely want him to go abroad BUT Kane may simply not want to. So who calls the shots?.

It's interesting...For Bayern to make a 'formal bid' you'd have expected them to have at least spoken to HKs people to guage if a move abroad is something he'd be interested in in the first place.

As you imply i don't think they'd be bidding without knowing Kane would be interested, however that doesn't mean Kane would be forcing the transfer through if the club didn't want to sell.

A good bargaining tool for kane, i will go to bayern but you need to ask for a realistic fee, lower fee kane gets more room to ask for bigger salary.

If Harry leaves in a year's time (which he will if not sold before then) then we have a Harry Kane shaped hole and no funds with which to try to fill it. The problem is that without Harry Kane next season Spurs could find themselves in a spot of relegation battle trouble....
It's a sticky situation for sure.

I'm for him staying, simply just not to have 'that hole' and hopefully help Ange with his first season. (and potentially, as you say, avoid a further downturn) Of course, there is then still the chance if things are on an upswing he'll sign a new contract (even if it's a rolling year).

The flip is...he goes next season for zilch plus we have the out of Europe lower income year mixed in with that.

Bayern would not make a formal bid if HK dont want to join them, he might prefer another Club, but if they do a formal bid then they know he will say yes if not another Club come and takes him.
Bayern will not look as fools and make a bid and Kane decide to stay. Kane have told them what he want to get paid at a new Club and that he want to go..

One thing is for shoure Kane aint signing a new contract with Spurs. No chance.

I'd prefer he stayed, but if he goes, Bayern is the best option.

We should also have a buyback clause, so that whenever he returns to the PL, he could return to Spurs if we want to. Barring serious injuries, Kane could be a top level footballer for at least 5-6 more years if he wants to, IMO.

£90m would probably convince me. Go and win a couple of things and come back to us in a few years.

It would be funny if we then won the FA Cup without him. Can see the comments from Twitter numpties already.

I love how it's always the goal record used as why he would stay, rather than him actually perhaps wanting to stay & help Tottenham try and be successful

Because "Lads, it's Tottenham" [emoji1787][emoji28]

More seriously though I think it's because he's already done that to some degree of relative success and at this point in his career many feel that given the years he's already to put in, he might well be past the point of that being his motivator. He might want a title to his name. We really don't know as it stands, but if he wants to win ish, then Bayern Munich makes a lot more sense than Manchester United in 2023.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Because "Lads, it's Tottenham" [emoji1787][emoji28]

More seriously though I think it's because he's already done that to some degree of relative success and at this point in his career many feel that given the years he's already to put in, he might well be past the point of that being his motivator. He might want a title to his name. We really don't know as it stands, but if he wants to win ish, then Bayern Munich makes a lot more sense than Manchester United in 2023.

Of course if he leaves that will be the reason, but if he stays then it could be the reverse rather than purely being about the goal record as it's always framed to be

Of course if he leaves that will be the reason, but if he stays then it could be the reverse rather than purely being about the goal record as it's always framed to be
I get you. I agree if he stays it's gonna be more than just the goal record because he could get that at another PL side.

I do think he has an affinity for us and in an ideal world he would likely prefer to stay at Spurs and win. It might just be that he has come to a realisation that, that isn't going to happen.

I get you. I agree if he stays it's gonna be more than just the goal record because he could get that at another PL side.

I do think he has an affinity for us and in an ideal world he would likely prefer to stay at Spurs and win. It might just be that he has come to a realisation that, that isn't going to happen.

He realised that 2 years ago when he wanted to go to city

Back