• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I dunno, seems to be an attitude in the game that people want to see more goals. Laws could shift even more in favour of the attacking team.

I would love to see football go back to the way it was when I first started going, two teams trying to win, but that would mean teams having managers who let players more freedom and not just trying to stop the other team winning.

I would love to see football go back to the way it was when I first started going, two teams trying to win, but that would mean teams having managers who let players more freedom and not just trying to stop the other team winning.

when I started going (late 80's) teams (and fans) were pretty much just trying to kick the brick out of each other, I'd hate to go back

You were basically saying he should leave as he deseverves to win something.

He could have and may do that with us.

If he wants to win something, guess what? He's our player. Go out there and win something!

No I'm saying he will not win anything with us and if his aim is he should leave and we will use the money.

We arent good enough to win we've proved that with some managers who have won things, it's sad but true. This doesn't stop me from wanting us to win or keep going even if we are brick by your standards as I dont support us to tell everyone in better than them because my team won something, I'm not saying you are but I find most "fans" fall into that bracket.

No I'm saying he will not win anything with us and if his aim is he should leave and we will use the money.

We arent good enough to win we've proved that with some managers who have won things, it's sad but true. This doesn't stop me from wanting us to win or keep going even if we are brick by your standards as I dont support us to tell everyone in better than them because my team won something, I'm not saying you are but I find most "fans" fall into that bracket.

Why can't we win something? We have a better turnover than arsenal. They seem alright.

There you are we've won that award. WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH, have you not been watching. It's a combination of many things, management, mentality, ability, injuries and consistency.

Yet last summer most pundits and people on here thought we were going to be good enough to win something.

Change the manager. Change the mentality. Change the ability of the squad. We can.

Yet last summer most pundits and people on here thought we were going to be good enough to win something.

Change the manager. Change the mentality. Change the ability of the squad. We can.

Most people on here thought we were going to every week until recently and I've more faith in my wife's opinions on football than pundits.
That looks like a plan, got any idea on cost, timescale and prospects of success?

Most people on here thought we were going to every week until recently and I've more faith in my wife's opinions on football than pundits.
That looks like a plan, got any idea on cost, timescale and prospects of success?

No idea. But kane is our player under contract. Getting paid huge amounts of money. What he deserves is to do everything he can to win tottenham trophies nobody else.

I think repeatedly changing the manager stops us changing the mentality, it lets them off the hook.
The players at Spurs see a manager with a history of winning Cup finals sacked a few days before a Cup final. They see managers who have built very good teams not being given the last few players when there is a real chance of silverware. They see managers remain in place even after going out of the Cup competitions to lesser opposition but those same managers get sacked when we miss out on the top 4 or look as though we are likely to do so. It is very clear to the players at Spurs that there is no real ambition to win trophies at our club.

The players at Spurs see a manager with a history of winning Cup finals sacked a few days before a Cup final. They see managers who have built very good teams not being given the last few players when there is a real chance of silverware. They see managers remain in place even after going out of the Cup competitions to lesser opposition but those same managers get sacked when we miss out on the top 4 or look as though we are likely to do so. It is very clear to the players at Spurs that there is no real ambition to win trophies at our club.

should be looking at themselves

Agree with all of the above. However, re the bolded, I suspect at least part of the problem may be a reluctance by Levy and the Board to splash the cash because of certain past failures, whereas when they go bargain hunting they believe they have more chance of a retrun on their investment:

Our most expensive signings

Richarlison £60m
Ndombele £54m
Porro £40m
Sanches £38m
Sissoko £31m
Lamela £30m
Lo Celso £29m
Soldado £27m
Bergwyn £27m
Son £27m

And some of our lowest

Rose £1m
Lennon £1m
Walker £4m
Carrick £4m
Bale £5m
Defoe £7m + player exchange
Van Der Vaart £8m
Keane £9m
Eriksen £11m
Alderweireld £11m
Lloris £11m
Vertonghen £12m
Berbatov £14m
Dembele £15m
Modric £16m

Admittedly transfer fees have rocketed in recent years but even so, there were some outstanding bargains amongst those lower signings. Of course there have also been many hits and misses in between (though probably more misses than hits) but you get the picture.

The transfer market is always going to be something of a lottery and we know Enic can never go toe-to-toe with trillionaire owners or nation state marketing projects, so their only hope is to play the market, put together a carefully-thought out squad and get lucky with a manager who can make it all work for us.

It's galling to concede that A'nal appear to be showing exactly how it can be done!

Back