• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Was going to say we used to line for a 20 goal striker snd these days it barely registers as an achievement - been spoiled with Harry

On a tablet so it takes effort but i'll do it. (All comps).

13/14 adebayor 14
12/13 bale 26
11/12 Adebayor 18
10/11 vdv 15
09/10 defoe 24
08/09 bent 17
07/08 keane/berbatov 23
06/07 berbatov 23
05/06 keane 16
04/05 defoe 22
03/04 keane 16
02/03 keane/sheringham 13
01/02 poyet 14
00/01 rebrov 12

Now kane
14/15 31
15/16 28
16/17 35
17/18 41
18/19 24
19/20 24
20/21 33
21/22 27

Just give him whatever he wants to stay. Please.

Last edited:
Just give hime whatever he wants to stay. Please.

Impressive research. Think that if we can have a decent finish to the season then aided by him seeing to value stability and not that many obvious places to go, then he'll stay and particularly if we then demonstrate some ambition in the summer (eg new keeper and a couple CBs)

Plausible that we could finish top 4, win the FA Cup or get close and perhaps make the CL quarters. If we're then active in the summer window, I'm not sure I'd see him then leaving

Looking a bit more physically robust recently, much better battling for the ball.

Did make me laugh when he tried to run at the Chelsea back line though

13/14 adebayor 14
12/13 bale 26
11/12 Adebayor 18
10/11 vdv 15
09/10 defoe 24
08/09 bent 17
07/08 keane/berbatov 23
06/07 berbatov 23
05/06 keane 16
04/05 defoe 22
03/04 keane 16
01/02 poyet 14
00/01 rebrov 12

Now kane
14/15 31
15/16 28
16/17 35
17/18 41
18/19 24
19/20 24
20/21 33
21/22 27

Sorry forgot to mention his brother in arms.

Son

15/16 8
16/17 21
17/18 18
18/19 20
19/20 18
20/21 22
21/22 24

13/14 adebayor 14
12/13 bale 26
11/12 Adebayor 18
10/11 vdv 15
09/10 defoe 24
08/09 bent 17
07/08 keane/berbatov 23
06/07 berbatov 23
05/06 keane 16
04/05 defoe 22
03/04 keane 16
01/02 poyet 14
00/01 rebrov 12

Now kane
14/15 31
15/16 28
16/17 35
17/18 41
18/19 24
19/20 24
20/21 33
21/22 27

So the only Spurs player since 2000 who's scored more in all comps than Harry Kane's WORST season (24) is Bale in his annus mirabilis (26), with Defoe's best season (24) equalling it. That's crazy. Bale aside, you have to go back to the days of Sheringham and Klinsmann to find any better.

So the only Spurs player since 2000 who's scored more in all comps than Harry Kane's WORST season (24) is Bale in his annus mirabilis (26), with Defoe's best season (24) equalling it. That's crazy. Bale aside, you have to go back to the days of Sheringham and Klinsmann to find any better.

Yep. We have to appreciate what we have. Son aswell even if he's not at his best.

Sorry forgot to mention his brother in arms.

Son

15/16 8
16/17 21
17/18 18
18/19 20
19/20 18
20/21 22
21/22 24

But what would he be, if you took away his goals?*

*This post is meant tongue in cheek and shouldn't distract anyone from the subject of this thread.

We've been lucky to have him, it may be sad to hear but it still makes sense for him to move elsewhere, but I do hope he sticks it out with us and we crush it with him. Each year seems to be the same potential whomever the latest glitzy manager is but he does deserve better than attempting to "miraculously" get 4th each time around.

But what would he be, if you took away his goals?*

*This post is meant tongue in cheek and shouldn't distract anyone from the subject of this thread.

We've been lucky to have him, it may be sad to hear but it still makes sense for him to move elsewhere, but I do hope he sticks it out with us and we crush it with him. Each year seems to be the same potential whomever the latest glitzy manager is but he does deserve better than attempting to "miraculously" get 4th each time around.

The guy will likely retire as

- Spurs top scorer
- England top scorer
- PL top scorer
- WC golden boot winner
- Multiple PL golden boot winner

The narrative of somehow a tin pot or PL title validates him is a bit frustrating to be honest.

- Would one trophy make a difference (seemingly that's all it took for Shearer?)? if so, it's all flimflam and he has a pretty good shot of at least one trophy with us.
- The he deserves better part also leaves out the fact that he has been in two title races with Spurs, a CL final, multiple League Cup finals that by and by, he didn't turn up in, he didn't drag us across the final line (and yes, it's more complicated than that, but Spurs has given him a shot to do more than "attempting to get 4th)

He's a legend here, he is loved and it is real.

Helping City (just as example) win it's 7th title in 8 years? is that an achievement, is winning because your teammates were going to do it anyway, deserved?

I won't begrudge him a move, but it feels more like that time to do that is gone and he almost has more to gain at this point by staying.

13/14 adebayor 14
12/13 bale 26
11/12 Adebayor 18
10/11 vdv 15
09/10 defoe 24
08/09 bent 17
07/08 keane/berbatov 23
06/07 berbatov 23
05/06 keane 16
04/05 defoe 22
03/04 keane 16
01/02 poyet 14
00/01 rebrov 12

Now kane
14/15 31
15/16 28
16/17 35
17/18 41
18/19 24
19/20 24
20/21 33
21/22 27

A team capable of actually winning titles?

- Spurs top scorer
- England top scorer
- PL top scorer
- WC golden boot winner

The narrative of somehow a tin pot or PL title validates him is a bit frustrating to be honest.

- Would one trophy make a difference (seemingly that's all it took for Shearer?)? if so, it's all flimflam and he has a pretty good shot of at least one trophy with us.
- The he deserves better part also leaves out the fact that he has been in two title races with Spurs, a CL final, multiple League Cup finals that by and by, he didn't turn up in, he didn't drag us across the final line (and yes, it's more complicated than that, but Spurs has given him a shot to do more than "attempting to get 4th)

Helping City (just as example) win it's 7th title in 8 years? is that an achievement, is winning because your teammates were going to do it anyway, deserved?

I won't begrudge him a move, but it feels more like that time to do that is gone and he almost has more to gain at this point by staying.

Where does he go? Can't see him go abroad. Not city, not arsenal. Utd maybe. If liverpool don't get new owners i can't see them affording him.

He has decision to make in summer. Sign a new contract or run it down.

- Spurs top scorer
- England top scorer
- PL top scorer
- WC golden boot winner

When you think it through, I intend to agree with you.

I thought breaking Greavsie's record would be one more reason to leave.

Perhaps it still boils down to what Kane has always said himself, ambition, and having a realistic chance of competing. Of course, with question marks against our manager and DofF being here next season it's difficult to predict that.

I agree that overall maybe that moment has passed. He can call the tune at Spurs (no-one knows how things might work out elsewhere), akin to Lewandowski at Bayern.

- Spurs top scorer
- England top scorer
- PL top scorer
- WC golden boot winner

Perhaps we should go all out to win the FA Cup, we can beat anybody on our day. That way he's got a cup too, and he can retire here happy.

Can't see Levy going for that. It is rumour but doesn't the story go that Jose wanted to rest players for the midweek Southampton game before the Carabao Cup final v City and Levy told him in no uncertain terms that he couldn't because we were still in with a shout of top 4. Apparently it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

May be flimflam but doesn't seem too far fetched.

Would love an FA Cup final though - I have a feeling this is our year (disclaimer - I have that feeling most years).

Edit - it's more than rumour - https://www.givemesport.com/1679580...eement-with-daniel-levy-at-tottenham-hotspur/. Not that givemesport is a reliable source but Duncan Castles is basically Mourinho's mouthpiece.

- Spurs top scorer
- England top scorer
- PL top scorer
- WC golden boot winner

It's not so much a tin pot validating him as a player, as it is that any great player wants to finish his career with silverware. And not just any silverware, but a league and/or PL title. John Stockton is the NBA's all-time assist leader and will continue to be for many years, and arguably the best pure point guard to play the game. I bet he would trade all that for one NBA title.

I don't know who would come in for Harry. It won't be City and Liverpool's style doesn't suit him. But United seem to be getting their brick together and, if we're out of CL next season, I can see him going there, if United make a bid. They're the closest to Harry winning a title, unless we have some continuity and managerial stability to allow us to challenge.

It's not so much a tin pot validating him as a player, as it is that any great player wants to finish his career with silverware. And not just any silverware, but a league and/or PL title. John Stockton is the NBA's all-time assist leader and will continue to be for many years, and arguably the best pure point guard to play the game. I bet he would trade all that for one NBA title.

I don't know who would come in for Harry. It won't be City and Liverpool's style doesn't suit him. But United seem to be getting their brick together and, if we're out of CL next season, I can see him going there, if United make a bid. They're the closest to Harry winning a title, unless we have some continuity and managerial stability to allow us to challenge.

"So Harry, ve are going to lash ze ball over ze top and you have to run like Usain Bolt for 90 minutes. Have you ever heard of Salbutamol?"

"Oh Sweet Jesus, what is this gurning clam talking about?"

upload_2023-2-27_16-32-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2023-2-27_16-32-9.png
    upload_2023-2-27_16-32-9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Back