• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

I feel like we’re getting a bit of a rep as sledgers. Ange even said he doesn’t want the players to react to provocation and you can see why. Players like Rodri can be wound up as we’ve seen earlier this season. I’m for all sticking up for yourself but as long as we don’t overreact like we did against Chelsea.

Vic does lots of things well. Lots of great saves.
Prone to parrying it back out into danger.
Prone to taking a step back rather than forwards. This was Lloris' overriding weakpoint, as the ball arrived, Lloris was always falling back and reacting to things, falling into his own net rather than proactively coming out and clearing everything out.
The goals today were due to this; both times being a bit weak and reactive rather than proactively bulldozing all before him.

Reactions: jrh
Vic does lots of things well. Lots of great saves.
Prone to parrying it back out into danger.
Prone to taking a step back rather than forwards. This was Lloris' overriding weakpoint, as the ball arrived, Lloris was always falling back and reacting to things, falling into his own net rather than proactively coming out and clearing everything out.
The goals today were due to this; both times being a bit weak and reactive rather than proactively bulldozing all before him.
I think he's a good keeper, not sure he's as good as he's portrayed but good.
I don't blame him for today's goals, first one is a foul and the second one the cross is too far out for to come for.
There's less from today, if we take them we'll be fine.

He is the 2nd best keeper in the legaue
Tactical you can hurt him and us by literally standing on him
I’ll take that

He's not used to having players back into him but he needs to find a way of dealing with it. What do other goalies do when someone backs into them?

He's not used to having players back into him but he needs to find a way of dealing with it. What do other goalies do when someone backs into them?

Push them away.
If we stick with zonal and he has players around him, he needs to be stronger. Hold off players until he needs to jump.

What if we stuck one of our players next to the oppo spoiler, make it harder for them to instruct and would Vic?
Maybe that's why they stopped standing on him and instead that ex Leeds guy was a couple of paces off and then went and fouled him... To be fair I didn't notice anyone protecting him at any point.

Said on the (Norwegian) commentary that a lot of keepers now prefer to deal with opponents putting them under pressure like that for corners on their own.

It's difficult, but adding another teammate makes it more crowded and in some ways can make it harder.

Don't know what will be right for us and Vic, but we need to find a good solution. Seems obvious that we can't rely on refs and VAR to help us out. So either Vic needs to be stronger and a bit more aggressive in how he deals with it himself (think keepers can get away with quite a lot in those situations) or he needs some help. Teams will keep doing this as long as it's seen as a weakness.

Said on the (Norwegian) commentary that a lot of keepers now prefer to deal with opponents putting them under pressure like that for corners on their own.

It's difficult, but adding another teammate makes it more crowded and in some ways can make it harder.

Don't know what will be right for us and Vic, but we need to find a good solution. Seems obvious that we can't rely on refs and VAR to help us out. So either Vic needs to be stronger and a bit more aggressive in how he deals with it himself (think keepers can get away with quite a lot in those situations) or he needs some help. Teams will keep doing this as long as it's seen as a weakness.

Wouldn't the idea be they step away taking the oppo player with them. Giving the gk space?

Back