• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

I thought Vicario was 7/10 today, pretty average.
For the second goal it seemed a fairly tame shot from 19 yards which just rolled straight in, whereas our players were having to apply extreme bend/power/swazz/knuckle and still Martinez saved them
I think Martinez is a very functional keeper
A little bit old school
He saves what he should save
I can’t remember him making any saves that I thought were how….
But that’s actually not a bad thing for a keeper of course
I can Only think of him making one mistake and that was the other week
That’s arguably very impressive

Last edited:
I think Martinez is a very functional keeper
A little bit old school
He saves what he should save
I can’t remember him making any saves that I thought were how….
But that’s actually not a bad thing for a keeper of course
I can Only think of him making one mistake and that was the other week
That’s arguably very impressive
I'd add to that he is very good at making himself big and coming out into almost unnatural position to get "something" on the ball. The kind of thing Schmeicel (or however you spell it!) used to do.
He's a good keeper. Not top level, but very solid in that level below.

I'd add to that he is very good at making himself big and coming out into almost unnatural position to get "something" on the ball. The kind of thing Schmeicel (or however you spell it!) used to do.
He's a good keeper. Not top level, but very solid in that level below.
Yeah very fair comments

I think Watkins took his goal very well, at the time I thought he could have saved it but he controlled it and got his shot off so quickly I'm not sure Vic had enough time to get down.

Don't think he had too much of a chance

Error was before, not cutting off the pass and not coming out to close, which with two FBs playing CB, is understandable ..

Don't think he had too much of a chance

Error was before, not cutting off the pass and not coming out to close, which with two FBs playing CB, is understandable ..
Would blame PEH more than the two defenders, even if they didn't cover themselves in glory for it. PEH stands beside Watkins and lets him go. Happens too often with him.

Would blame PEH more than the two defenders, even if they didn't cover themselves in glory for it. PEH stands beside Watkins and lets him go. Happens too often with him.
PEH gets the blame even when he isn’t on the pitch at times

That goal came from really good passing and movement and the finish was Kane esque. A good goal

At least two players could have tracked better in PEH and Lo Celso
And royal should have got out quicker

It happens and was a good goal

PEH gets the blame even when he isn’t on the pitch at times

That goal came from really good passing and movement and the finish was Kane esque. A good goal

At least two players could have tracked better in PEH and Lo Celso
And royal should have got out quicker

It happens and was a good goal

TBH it was a well taken clinical goal, that's their bread and butter. We could rewind it back to how it occurred but sometimes you have to wipe your mouth in it.

Vicario doesn't come out of yesterday with any negatives for me really.

I've watched the game and the highlights twice now and its really a game that got away through lack of clinical finishing, not much else IMO

he kissed the ball when he made the mistake. IT happens with keepers. it did not cost us. I think he got caught with Watkins going early on the second goal. For me that was just Watkins doing well. Defensively though neither Royal or Davies were anywhere near him when he took the ball. that was the issue for me.

TBH it was a well taken clinical goal, that's their bread and butter. We could rewind it back to how it occurred but sometimes you have to wipe your mouth in it.

Vicario doesn't come out of yesterday with any negatives for me really.

I've watched the game and the highlights twice now and its really a game that got away through lack of clinical finishing, not much else IMO
Lack of basic finishing
We took poor shots that didn’t test the keeper or was offside
Bad combos

The idiot presenter on the world feed called him Guillermo twice, to his face, whilst interviewing him.

The idiot presenter on the world feed called him Guillermo twice, to his face, whilst interviewing him.

Really a pet peeve of mine with British media (and now with the idiots doing social media/youtube brick as well)

How fudging hard is it to prepare for a game analysis, set of interviews by just learning how to pronounce the players fudging name properly? Gil is a perfect example.

AA1ljg4B.img

Really a pet peeve of mine with British media (and now with the idiots doing social media/youtube brick as well)

How fudging hard is it to prepare for a game analysis, set of interviews by just learning how to pronounce the players fudging name properly? Gil is a perfect example.

Same. Infuriates me. ‘Kuluchevski’ is the one that tinkles me off the most. And now everyone seems to say ‘Undogie’ too? Grrrr.

Back