• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Great goals YOU'VE scored! Boast here...

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Right off the bat, anyone who's afraid to be seen as conceited should just stop and go away. This thread is for boasters, the proud, the glowing and those who occasionally produce moments of brilliance which teleport them to, oooh, the title winning game, or the FA Cup Final, possibly the Champions League and most certainly the deathstar in the 93rd minute!

So...twice this week for me in my two 9-a-side games...

Tuesday, I picked up the ball, turned, quickly stroked the ball inside, went striding through the left channel, received an absolute belter of a ball perfectly weighted and directly into my path, took a quick look up, saw the keeper off his line and a defender lummoxing across to thump me so as I met the ball in stride with my right boot, I flicked it lob-style over the keeper, watched it soar and drop gently into the net just under the bar. I immediately continued my run back towards our half, patted the badge (I had the black away short on) and gave it a finger wag with a 'too hot' puff. Not fudging bad for a 45 year old man who resembles Garry Brooke more than Gareth Bale!!!!

And while I'm here, today's moment!!!!! Again, working the front, drifting from side to side, short checks into space, working the defenders for a yard, I stepped deep with back to goal about 20 yards out, defender came, man on the ball knew I was going to drift off, turn and dart behind him diagonally, plays a great pass in, I dart across the back of the defender meet it with my right, flick it past the keeper, smashes off the post right back to me where I was able to side foot home immediately at speed into the opposite corner. Thank you very much, two shows weekly...I don't mind telling everyone that I imagined being at the deathstar and giving it the old ssssssssusshhhhhhhhh, finger-wag, badge pat...BTW, I am 45 and I was playing people largely half my age.

NOW, any other shamelessly conceited moments of football genius YOU have been responsible for recently that you'd like to share? Let's have it!

We had a corner, I'm standing just outside the box slight to the right of centre. Corner comes in and is headed clear, dropping straight to me. I catch it so, so sweet and it goes like a rocket just inside angle of the frame. I normally played RB and rarely got forward enough to score, but that was an absolute peach.

Goals? haven't played footie for years... but I did score a try last Saturday playing rugby.... storming sprint from al of 6 metres, handed off the whippersnapper who thought he could stop me and scored under the posts! It made the 49 - 17 defeat slightly better to take! This time next week it will have been from 60 metres! O:)
Does that count?

I love lobbing keepers from 30-40 yards amongst other tricks

Best goals for me have been the ones we've celebrated as a team during an important game

Last edited:
Sprint (when I could..) over to take a quick short corner from the right. Quick one two and head back up the touchline.. mate says "have a dig", it was a silly distance and angle..keeper front stick. Outside of the right foot curling chip into the far top corner. Even the ref came over to celebrate with us*

*He was a Yid, knew I was and just wanted to get the Hoddle comparison out of the way.

I'm more of a playmaker. If I do say so myself, I can destroy a defence with a single pass.

Im actually quite brick. Like charlie adam, i only get into a team because of my passing and set pieces...never missed a penalty i think

I scored two at Spurs Lodge last year when I won that competition. The first was a chipped through ball that I half volleyed from the edge of the box, across the keeper. The 2nd was the moment I thought I might get a contract that. I'd just gone up for a header in the D on the edge of the box and fell and hit my head on the ground. I signalled to the bench that I needed a break when suddenly the ball is played to my feet, so I turn and hit the sweetest left foot shot into the top corner - hit the post and the crossbar and went in.

Unfortunately I didn't get my hattrick :(

Here is a brief match report that doesn't reference any of that - http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/Archive/news_2011_5_794.page

Other than that, I've scored a few free kicks in my life and a couple of other belters. Always **** up the easy chances though.

Scored two yesterday but they weren't much special, just two placed finishes, one through the keepers legs which is always a good feeling and one just in off the post.

In terms of wondergoals I haven't scored many but I've scored a fair few decent headers in my time as I'm a tall bastard, always a great feeling.

In terms of wondergoals I haven't scored many but I've scored a fair few decent headers in my time as I'm a tall bastard, always a great feeling.

I haven't had too many wondergoals. I intentionally hit one from the half way line a few years ago in a preseason friendly. Keeper at the other end was a mate and I destroyed him for it :)

I scored a wonder goal in a Sunday match once. Captain of the team, I was playing DM. Collected a loose ball in our half, I moved it forward into oppo's half. No pass was on, but as I looked up I saw the keeper off his line, so, just inside their half, I smashed the ball as hard as I can. It took off like an absolute rocket and ended up in the Keeper's top right corner. I just did the old Cantona strut. Of course, I was 12 and they were smaller pitches.
That was the peak of my life. Been downhill since then 8-[

Had one a couple of years ago when I was near the goal line, between the 6 and 18 yard box, a player put it in front of me on the volley, the defender thought I was going to cross it because of the angle so closed me down, I chipped it over his head and it landed on my left foot, I hit the sweetest volley of my life into the top left corner. Was beautiful

Last edited:
We had a corner, I'm standing just outside the box slight to the right of centre. Corner comes in and is headed clear, dropping straight to me. I catch it so, so sweet and it goes like a rocket just inside angle of the frame. I normally played RB and rarely got forward enough to score, but that was an absolute peach.

Similar to one I scored on my debut. We were losing 5 - 4 and we were in stoppage time. A cross came in from the left wing, which got headed clear. I was about 5 yards outside the box to the right of the D, and as the ball dropped I caught it sweetly on the volley and it flew in off the underside of the cross bar. It was reminiscent of that Tony Yeboah goal against Liverpool all those years ago. What a way to endear myself to my new team mates.

Another memorable strike was when I lobbed the keeper from the centre circle. The oppo keeper took a goal kick, which cleared my head(I was more or less on the centre spot). Our centre back headed clear and the ball went over my head and I could see that it was going to land a couple of yards in front of me. As I advanced towards the ball I noticed that the keeper, on his follow through from the goal kick, was stood on the edge of the 18 yard box so as the ball bounced up I let it drop a bit again and on the way down struck a viscious volley from midway between the centre spot and the centre circle, which flew over his head and just dipped under the cross bar.

I have dined out on both of those goals for years, but then considering I've only scored four goals in the last three seasons it's all I've got to cling to.

I'm more of a playmaker. If I do say so myself, I can destroy a defence with a single pass.

I like to drift across the front, much prefer dropping out wide and coming inside or simply switching the play with one ball...I don't hold onto the ball too long simply because I'm not a 'tricks' bloke...I can play defense, but I have to sit deep and bark like an old dog as otherwise I get done for pace...I'd love to play as an attacking midfielder but I quite simply do not have the fitness to do it properly.

Someone mentioned fudging up the easy chances; if I have more than a split second to think, the general public should always protect themselves!!!!

I've only ever scored 2 goals (being a defender) and the first one was nothing special... Bit of a goal scramble that I managed to get a toe to, although was made better as it was against our bitter rivals and sealed a 5-2 win over them. The 2nd was a bit special and probably some fluke involved to;

I was playing for the reserves as the first team didn't have a game on and the reserves needed players. Was CB for this game (usually RB or CB mostly) and we were losing 8-5 to another team from our town a league above us. We were on the attack and I had made a run from the halfway line to bout 10 yards outside the D, called for the ball from the striker who was parallel, and he passed it along the grounds just infront of me. Put my foot through and under it and lobbed the keeper in a perfectly arced balled that rolled down the lentgh of the back of the net in a satisfying "rasp" ;)

What made me chuckle was the keeper said "he's done me" as the ball sailed over him and he just laughed as there was nothing he could do. Game finished 8-6

For school, maybe year 10, we got a corner. My team mate took the corner right footed but towards the edge of the box and I volleyed it, left footed, into the top right hand side of the net.

Can't really describe it better than that but it was a beauty.

My best goal ever was at school at lunch. Wasn't even playing, just wandering across the pitch and the ball came rolling in my direction just outside the box. Thought 'fudge it', and toe punted it, perfectly, sweetly, right in the top corner (think BAE v Liverpool). Ended up at the bottom of a massive bundle... Bear in mind I've never been the most talented player, everyone was just as shocked as me. Not much beats a sweet strike into the top corner.

Back