• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

I have a funny feeling this deal is done and will be announced in the next few days so he can start pre season next Tues when it all begins.

Just can't keep shaking my head at this one ... Burnley could do with him to make a difference to their squad or even Bournemouth ...

Burnley have experienced the might of Nkoudou though - how can they lower their expectations after that?

Both Dyche and Howe run quite strict ships, so I'm not sure they would be drawn to someone with Grealish's baggage (although I suppose Howe did tolerate Wheelchair for a season)

Burnley have experienced the might of Nkoudou though - how can they lower their expectations after that?

Both Dyche and Howe run quite strict ships, so I'm not sure they would be drawn to someone with Grealish's baggage (although I suppose Howe did tolerate Wheelchair for a season)
After your previous track record GB, if you don't want Grealish then I am pretty much sold on hoping we bring him in. ;)

After your previous track record GB, if you don't want Grealish then I am pretty much sold on hoping we bring him in. ;)

I think he's an ok player. But not above Townsend/Nkoudou level. For a 6th choice AM I'm not particularly fussed if it's him, GKN, Edwards or Shashoua.

It's the off-field stuff I really have a problem with, especially as our team spirit and professionalism is so exceptional these days. Grealish feels like a throwback to the China Whites days of the 90s, or the Lennon and Hudd tinkling in their teammates' shoes days of the 00s.

I think he's an ok player. But not above Townsend/Nkoudou level. For a 6th choice AM I'm not particularly fussed if it's him, GKN, Edwards or Shashoua.

It's the off-field stuff I really have a problem with, especially as our team spirit and professionalism is so exceptional these days. Grealish feels like a throwback to the China Whites days
Care to divulge in what recent off the field stuff you’re referring to, or are you still living in 2016?

It's the off-field stuff I really have a problem with, especially as our team spirit and professionalism is so exceptional these days. Grealish feels like a throwback to the China Whites days of the 90s, or the Lennon and Hudd tinkling in their teammates' shoes days of the 00s.

I take your point on the first part — I don't think he's an incredible talent — but I don't think he'll be signed to play where Townsend/N'koudou would. I think he'd play a little deeper than those guys.

However, from all accounts, he's grown up a lot in recent years and is supposed to be a very hard worker on and off the pitch. Think he'd fit very well into our collective, especially as his meant to be close with Dele and Kane. My question is whether he'd be athletic/strong enough to play in one of our deeper, shuttling midfield roles or productive enough in the final third to either spell Eriksen or Alli/Son. I'm not sure I see it. But I'd obviously Trust Poch.

I think one of the reasons this kind of signing makes sense (if it is actually happening) is it adds to the homegrown player count in the squad.

I also think Grealish is the type of player with decent technique/ability and plenty of potential for improvement with good coaching.

Why not invest that energy in Shashoua instead though?

I don't know that much about Shashoua, but I totally agree with the sentiment. I'd love to give all those Sissoko minutes to Onomah this season. For me, he'd be the perfect super athletic player to replace Sissoko, and I'd so much rather develop our own (maybe Oakley-Boothe too?) rather than investing in decent prospects from other teams.

I'd be more than happy if we only spent big on replacing Dembele (one of Kovacic, NDombele, Loftus-Cheek), Alderweireld (De Ligt, Maguire, Lascelles), and possibly adding a forward (Martial?). Otherwise, let's rely on our youth team to replace our marginal players.

Grealish seems like an opportunistic signing (a little like Barkley), and I'd love to see us pass on him and bring through another one of our own.

Back