• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Got back from the Lane

N10 Yiddo

Andy Gray
Goddamn it.

I am still questioning how we managed to come back from being 1-0 down and tinkle poor, to then be 2-1 and dominating and then still go on to lose the game. We had all the momentum with us after Defoe scored yet somehow we let Mata through on goal not once, but twice. At 2-2 even Torres was one-on-one but a defender (couldn't see who) managed to slide tackle it to Gallas to clear off the line. Our defence was strong for the first 15-20 mins of the second half but all of a sudden it turned to brick. Even for the last goal, when we were pushing for a late equaliser, Walker decided to try some weird dribble round Mata and just ended up getting tackled which led to Sturridge scoring and putting the game to bed.

IMO, AVB got the tactics wrong. Obviously Bale's missus going into labour just before the game starts isn't ideal, but no way should Dempsey be playing LAM. He doesn't have the pace and he isn't a good enough passer. We should've kept to the system and played Townsend there so we still have a pacy winger who can cross.

Also, Lloris and Ade should have started. For the Cahill goal, although a good finish, Friedel's reactions were far too slow. We were also punting the ball up to Defoe, Sig and Dempsey who can't head the ball for brick.

I have a lot of faith in AVB but tactically he got it all wrong today. Subs were too late or un-needed (Livermore for Hudd) and he played players out of position which clearly didn't work.

At least no-one booed today.

Out classed in midfield today, I thought when we played the ball forward quicker and down the flanks and also upped the tempo the much vaunted Chavs looked all over the place, alas we could not keep that pace up and suffered, their midfield is class, its all about money.

Out classed in midfield today, I thought when we played the ball forward quicker and down the flanks and also upped the tempo the much vaunted Chavs looked all over the place, alas we could not keep that pace up and suffered, their midfield is class, its all about money.

Indeed. Which is why, for me, we needed Sig to be braver with his passing and intention...

Indeed. Which is why, for me, we needed Sig to be braver with his passing and intention...

FFS - we were up against an almost full strength Champions of Europe team who have spent about £70m in strengthening their side. Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind Torres are all world class players. On the other hand we have lost two world class players (Modric and VDV) and had arguably 6 or 7 or our first team out -

Lloris
Kaboul
BAE
Parker
Dembele
Bale
Ade

7 top players (and some of them our BEST players) missing.

Lets get some perspective guys

FFS - we were up against an almost full strength Champions of Europe team who have spent about £70m in strengthening their side. Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind Torres are all world class players. On the other hand we have lost two world class players (Modric and VDV) and had arguably 6 or 7 or our first team out -

Lloris
Kaboul
BAE
Parker
Dembele
Bale
Ade

Very true this...

is the champions of europe the only song they have now, tinpot tossers

Lloris
Kaboul
BAE
Parker
Dembele
Bale
Ade

You should read some previous comments mate, no-one is being hard on the side at all, indeed, we've all said similar to you in one frame or another. There are now just some specific tactical points being discussed, that's all.

We need to move on from Modric and VdV as fans.

I fudging despise those ****s! Cretins every last one of them. Why is it cheating horrible racist bastards always seem to prosper?

Once again we showed a lack of character when face to face with a team who will not give up and have an abundance if class.
For me the only mistakes made today by our manager was to give suggurdson and Dempsey playing time, both are mediocre at best. Why we allowed vdv to leave is beyond me.
The rest was individual errors, we can improve on these and we need better midfielders than the two mentioned above and I feel it's time to cut our losses on hudd.

I hate them far more than AFC now, at least I have respect for AFC how they do things, how they play..

CFC's way is throw hundreds of millions at it...

N10 Yiddo you make some really good points. Your spot on with AVB's tactics. I did scratch my head when i saw he was playing Dempsey left and not putting Townsend in to go at Ivanović, the balance of the team was effected by Bale's absence so why replace him with a right footed player, seemed obvious! Every time Dempsey got it he was moving into the centre and walking straight into Chelsea's 3 and we had nothing going down the left. Also, as much as Defoe keeps scoring he should have played Ade from the start imo or actually played Ade and Defoe. Siguardsson missed a hat full of chances and had one of those fallen to Ade i suspect he would have taken one. For someone who's meant to be a tactican i'm having my doubts over AVB.

I've been to every home game bar one this season and there's definitely something missing. We start games slowly under AVB and i think the formation he plays has alot to do with this. Under Harry we used to go at teams from the whistle, control the game better and make more chances. At the moment im not sure the players have bought into this new system.

I've said this a few times on here before but i think at home we need to play to our strengths and play 2 up top and then 2 wingers rather than Defoe up with Dempsey or Siguardsson behind.

On the fans, i sense that everybody is still anxious about how the team are gonna play because we're not dominating teams like we have done.. The fans were getting on the players backs in the first half and that didnt help.

N10 Yiddo you make some really good points. Your spot on with AVB's tactics. I did scratch my head when i saw he was playing Dempsey left and not putting Townsend in to go at Ivanović, the balance of the team was effected by Bale's absence so why replace him with a right footed player, seemed obvious! Every time Dempsey got it he was moving into the centre and walking straight into Chelsea's 3 and we had nothing going down the left. Also, as much as Defoe keeps scoring he should have played Ade from the start imo or actually played Ade and Defoe. Siguardsson missed a hat full of chances and had one of those fallen to Ade i suspect he would have taken one. For someone who's meant to be a tactican i'm having my doubts over AVB.

I've been to every home game bar one this season and there's definitely something missing. We start games slowly under AVB and i think the formation he plays has alot to do with this. Under Harry we used to go at teams from the whistle, control the game better and make more chances. At the moment im not sure the players have bought into this new system.

I've said this a few times on here before but i think at home we need to play to our strengths and play 2 up top and then 2 wingers rather than Defoe up with Dempsey or Siguardsson behind.

On the fans, i sense that everybody is still anxious about how the team are gonna play because we're not dominating teams like we have done.. The fans were getting on the players backs in the first half and that didnt help.

I think his first priority was to try and maximize Sigurdsson in his supposed-strongest position whilst keeping a degree of workrate and 'honesty' so-to-speak. I think Townshend in the second-half when we were 2-1 up along with Ade would've been capital, but I understood why he started with the line-up he did even though I personally never feel Sig can deliver (the boy has to be given some more chances to do so, I understand that even though once again I hope Jan sees us upgrade)...Sig is very very frustrating. You feel he has the tools, you feel he has the instinct to find spaces but he plays too 'rigidly' as though he's afraid or something, I cannot put my finger on it...I hope he doesn't become a Jenas, whereby you can see all the potential but equally see it will never fully develop due to mentality...

You should read some previous comments mate, no-one is being hard on the side at all, indeed, we've all said similar to you in one frame or another. There are now just some specific tactical points being discussed, that's all.

We need to move on from Modric and VdV as fans.

Lots of people are being hard on the side - Walker, Gallas and Dempsey in particular - so dont patronise me MATE.

I want to bring some balance that is all. We were playing a top team and had lots of players missing. We did ok in the circumstances. The criticism is being overdone imo.

Lots of people are being hard on the side - Walker, Gallas and Dempsey in particular - so dont patronise me MATE.

I want to bring some balance that is all. We were playing a top team and had lots of players missing. We did ok in the circumstances. The criticism is being overdone imo.

(sigh) I'm not patronizing you, I was simply trying to make a point. By the way, why get so wound up about the word 'mate' I was just trying to be congenial.

(sigh) I'm not patronizing you, I was simply trying to make a point. By the way, why get so wound up about the word 'mate' I was just trying to be congenial.

Your point was patronising though. Read it again from the recipients point of view.

In my experience on this board, the use of the word "Mate" is one of condecention. Your use of it didnt appear at all congenial to me.

Goddamn it.

I am still questioning how we managed to come back from being 1-0 down and tinkle poor, to then be 2-1 and dominating and then still go on to lose the game. We had all the momentum with us after Defoe scored yet somehow we let Mata through on goal not once, but twice. At 2-2 even Torres was one-on-one but a defender (couldn't see who) managed to slide tackle it to Gallas to clear off the line. Our defence was strong for the first 15-20 mins of the second half but all of a sudden it turned to brick. Even for the last goal, when we were pushing for a late equaliser, Walker decided to try some weird dribble round Mata and just ended up getting tackled which led to Sturridge scoring and putting the game to bed.

IMO, AVB got the tactics wrong. Obviously Bale's missus going into labour just before the game starts isn't ideal, but no way should Dempsey be playing LAM. He doesn't have the pace and he isn't a good enough passer. We should've kept to the system and played Townsend there so we still have a pacy winger who can cross.

Also, Lloris and Ade should have started. For the Cahill goal, although a good finish, Friedel's reactions were far too slow. We were also punting the ball up to Defoe, Sig and Dempsey who can't head the ball for brick.

I have a lot of faith in AVB but tactically he got it all wrong today. Subs were too late or un-needed (Livermore for Hudd) and he played players out of position which clearly didn't work.

At least no-one booed today.

Even though that's where he played all last season? And hit 23 in 46 from (far more prolific than any of our attacking players).

IMO we need Dempsey as one of the wide players to help with our goal tally. He'll benefit massively from Ade starting, plus the evolution from 4-3-2-1 to 4-3-3.

Back