• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

I'd rather not have the entire season depend on the fitness and form of a single player.

So you rather have lots of cloggers but good depth and no real quality resulting in eternal just-about Top 4 frustration because we have zero quality in the final third?

So you rather have lots of cloggers but good depth and no real quality resulting in eternal just-about Top 4 frustration because we have zero quality in the final third?

My thoughts exactly. You've phrased it better than I could ever have hoped to.

If Spurs finish top 4 or not, I wonder how many top teams with CL expectations would buy 2 players from Fulham and one from Swansea ??
All 3 of them have been well below the standard required for CL.
There lies the problem..................................... peanuts and monkey spring to mind !!!.

That's a crock of brick if I ever heard it. Do United buy all their players from other Champion's League clubs?
Tevez from West Ham? Jones from Blackburn? Smalling from Fulham? Valencia from Wigan?
You buy your players from wherever they are available.

I'd rather a few more Bales from Southampton or Kabouls from Portsmouth than Dos Santos from Barcelona and Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project.

My thoughts exactly. You've phrased it better than I could ever have hoped to.

No need - this eternal Levy apologism and apparent near bankruptcy we seem to face every transfer window excuse can only stretch so much

I suppose some would be happy stock-pile 'decent' players and sell our stars for massive profit while we play FC Videoton in the Europa League

What are your aspirations as a fan?

That's a crock of brick if I ever heard it. Do United buy all their players from other Champion's League clubs?
Tevez from West Ham? Jones from Blackburn? Smalling from Fulham? Valencia from Wigan?

I'd rather a few more Bales from Southampton or Kabouls from Portsmouth than Dos Santos from Barcelona and Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project.

Well said. =D>

They dont.......but they do buy quality................Spurs buy, stock to sell.
Big clubs build teams, Spurs build their bank balance.

Near bankruptcy? No

Do we have the kind of money we all wish we did? No

Can we realistically sign any player we want? No

Has Levy done extremely well to drag this club from eternal mid table mediocrity/occasional flirt with relegation into top 4 contenders without spending sugar daddy money or saddling the club with debt? Yes

They dont.......but they do buy quality................Spurs buy, stock to sell.

How do we hope to make money from players if they aren't quality?

And where is this bank balance of which you speak? The latest accounts did not show any significant cash reserves.

Near bankruptcy? No

Do we have the kind of money we all wish we did? No

Can we realistically sign any player we want? No

Has Levy done extremely well to drag this club from eternal mid table mediocrity/occasional flirt with relegation into top 4 contenders without spending sugar daddy money or saddling the club with debt? Yes

It's like making a cake. If you make a nice cake, put icing on it and find you can't get a cherry to put on top, does that make it a brick cake?

8-[

Again - a massive pro-DL spin

Do you know what kind of money we have available for transfers?

Do you think we need to spend 30m min. to sign quality players?

Do you think we have addressed squad imbalance / quality adequately since 2010?

Do you think our scouting network is adequate or anywhere near achieving its objectives?

Again - a massive pro-DL spin

Do you know what kind of money we have available for transfers?

Do you think we need to spend 30m min. to sign quality players?

Do you think we have addressed squad imbalance / quality adequately since 2010?

Do you think our scouting network is adequate or anywhere near achieving its objectives?

Approximately, you can make educated guesses from the financial accounts.

No, but we did sign 30m worth of quality players last summer. 10m Lloris, 10m Vert, 15m Dembele, 6m Sig (not sure on exact numbers).

Yes.

I would say yes. We keep getting quality players at bargain prices.

United are the ones making huge profits. How much of the Ronaldo transfer fee was reinvested in the club.
It isn't easy to build a team when players want to leave to further their bank balance.

For what its worth Tottenham and United have had pretty much the same net spend over the last 8 seasons.

Yep.....because we've sold ALL our best players over the past 5-10 years. Couldn't wait to get rid of them, could we?

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I would say that it's out of us and Chelsea for top 4, not Arsenal. Chelsea have some tough fixtures and Rafa will prioritise the EL. I think anything from the City game will be a bonus, but our Chelsea game is a MUST NOT LOSE.

Yep.....because we've sold ALL our best players over the past 5-10 years. Couldn't wait to get rid of them, could we?

Well we have sold all of our best players and Bale will be next. I wouldn't say we couldn't wait to get rid of them but we mainly buy the kind of player will know could well be worth a lot more than what we originally paid for them.

I can't see any of them being labelled as failures really.

Dembele and Sig have been brilliant additions. Dempsey is a good option for a few years, he's scored important goals and made more effective offensive contributions than Lennon, however people do tend to have their favourites. Dempsey has also played a variety of roles covering for a number of people when they have been out. He's the perfect squad member.

At 4-6m i can't see that as a bad purchase.

Agree about Dembele. Even though his form in the second half of the season hasn't matched his form in the first half of the season, I still think he's a quality player.

I wouldn't say Sig has been a brilliant addition. He's a decent squad player, but ultimately I think we need better to be honest.

I'm still hoping Dempsey is going to be the real deal.

Well we have sold all of our best players and Bale will be next. I wouldn't say we couldn't wait to get rid of them but we mainly buy the kind of player will know could well be worth a lot more than what we originally paid for them.

Which is a good and necessary strategy for a club in our position.

Back