• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

All the pressure is on Arsenal now. They are third and have the early games. They really need to win and set the challenge for us to keep up. Any more dropped points opens the door for Chelsea and us. Momentum is a wonderful thing. Once the doubts creep in, the results will follow. Similarly, as long as the door is kept ajar, we'll keep pushing and pushing.

Unless the handle falls off and we can't open it. ;)

To be honest, Arsenal are playing the best football out of the CL chasing sides right now by far. They don't seem crippled with fear like us, and are revelling in it. However we're not as bad as we sometimes think. Fulham aside, I think we've been ok. Suffering with injuries sure, but showing a good fighting spirit and Ade, Verts and Gylfi and Dempsey chipping in with goals now.

Chelsea have a horrible looking run in but make no mistake, they have a hugely talented squad capable of beating anyone.

They aren't playing good football though. West Brom they were lucky Lukaku didn't equalise at the end, against Norwich they were fcuking lucky to get that penalty which changed the game with 6 minutes to go, against Everton they were toothless. I'd say they've had their share of luck and hopefully it runs out from here on in!

Arsenal will probably get top 4 just because of the fact that we play Chelsea and therefore can't both win, so it's like they have an extra game on us.

Doesn't mean we can't finish above them, but they will still probably make it anyway.

If Spurs finish top 4 or not, I wonder how many top teams with CL expectations would buy 2 players from Fulham and one from Swansea ??
All 3 of them have been well below the standard required for CL.
There lies the problem..................................... peanuts and monkey spring to mind !!!.

I wonder which CL expectant side would buy a player from Crystal palace. Or Wigan. Or Southampton. Or any number of backwater overseas clubs no-one had ever heard of?

I wonder which CL expectant side would buy a player from Crystal palace. Or Wigan. Or Southampton. Or any number of backwater overseas clubs no-one had ever heard of?
Crawley...........are you seriously telling me that those 3 are CL quality ???, if so we are watching different teams.

Crawley...........are you seriously telling me that those 3 are CL quality ???, if so we are watching different teams.

Dembele is a vintage Levy buy - young with massive potential (for double+ profit) and around the 13-15m mark

Sig was technically from Hoffenheim, not Swansea and also holds the same value as above

That is our transfer policy - for better or worse

Dempsey however was a massive question mark, although I fully understand why we got him (as explained elsewhere earlier)

We don't know yet, do we?

Like we wouldn't have known either. But for a "top 4 team" to buy those players from those clubs must mean something? They are not going to buy them just to model the shirt.

Besides, Moses and Walcott, to whom i refered above, have both played CL this year, have they not? And scored too, if i remember rightly.

If Dembele isn't good enough, a player most United fans desperately want, or any of the others, who should we be buying? Some of you seem to have confused the real world with a certain computer game. We can't afford established stars, so we do what 99.9999999% of all clubs do, try to find the best players available from the second tier clubs that fit within our budget.

We don't know yet, do we?

Like we wouldn't have known either. But for a "top 4 team" to buy those players from those clubs must mean something? They are not going to buy them just to model the shirt.

Besides, Moses and Walcott, to whom i refered above, have both played CL this year, have they not? And scored too, if i remember rightly.

With those 3 in the side we will NEVER know.

I do agree that it seems to be a transfer policy but I want to see players, playing for THFC, not playing for move to a bigger club.

Surely, THFC should want to be the BIG club.

Dembele is a vintage Levy buy - young with massive potential (for double+ profit) and around the 13-15m mark

Sig was technically from Hoffenheim, not Swansea and also holds the same value as above

That is our transfer policy - for better or worse

Dempsey however was a massive question mark, although I fully understand why we got him (as explained elsewhere earlier)

I can't see any of them being labelled as failures really.

Dembele and Sig have been brilliant additions. Dempsey is a good option for a few years, he's scored important goals and made more effective offensive contributions than Lennon, however people do tend to have their favourites. Dempsey has also played a variety of roles covering for a number of people when they have been out. He's the perfect squad member.

At 4-6m i can't see that as a bad purchase.

I guess we should have just skipped the part where we try to have a squad to cover for injuries and such and just spend all the money on the first XI

I can't see any of them being labelled as failures really.

Dembele and Sig have been brilliant additions. Dempsey is a good option for a few years, he's scored important goals and made more effective offensive contributions than Lennon, however people do tend to have their favourites. Dempsey has also played a variety of roles covering for a number of people when they have been out. He's the perfect squad member.

At 4-6m i can't see that as a bad purchase.

Where did I label them as failures?

Spursalot.................7777 post's well done. Dempsey has played many roles but not very well IMO.

Goal/assist every 140 minutes. Puts his shift in defensively. Runs his gonad*s off. Played in a variety of positions.

What are you expecting him to be doing that he's not?

Last edited:
Spursalot.................7777 post's well done. Dempsey has played many roles but not very well IMO.

He's a slightly above average semi-clogger who works hard and puts his body on the line. Decent option. Occasionally has good moments (and one 20 goal season with Fulham)

The English game has lots of time for such players - although I'd be more than happy to replace him in the summer

With those 3 in the side we will NEVER know.

I do agree that it seems to be a transfer policy but I want to see players, playing for THFC, not playing for move to a bigger club.

Surely, THFC should want to be the BIG club.

Ok.

Hang on while I ring DL and tell him to go buy Ronaldo and Aguerro.

Back