• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Looks like my course is going to open in a week or two, been a long 6 months without golf! Winter is coming can go **** itself, snow is a pain in my driver's ass.

Watching The Masters makes my balls ache. Tiger's abscense is a downer though, he's an entertaining watch no matter How he plays. The Norwegian commentator wets himself when Tiger plays well and soils himself when he's crap.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

What an interesting 2 hours, it was brilliant, hit probably 150 balls with diff shaft and loft, lie options, what I didn’t know was that my Mizuno Irons are 4 degrees flat WTF !!!

My specs are below, those irons are amazing, was hitting 20 yards further than what I have now, better swing speed, launch angle too so a better shape to my shots and obviously further too, loved all the new wedges too, they look so so good at address position

The driver was ridiculous, 275 average on 15 balls with that shaft below, the 3 wood and hybrids were 0.5 inches shorter shaft which will help me too

Im defo going to buy the irons and 3 wood this afternoon from American Golf, the others I will get over the next few months

I tried Adam Scott's and Rory's setups in Driver and Irons too, struggled to hit them haha, also tried a 6.75 degree driver too hahaha !!! tough to get airborn and straight that

Fitting Details

Titleist Golf Balls
Titleist ProV1

Titleist Iron(s)
Model: 714 AP2, Composition: 4- PW, Shaft: KBS Tour, Flex: Stiff,
Length: Mens Std, Grip: - Titleist Tour Velvet 360º (Logo Down), Grip
Size: Standard, Loft: Standard, Lie: Standard, Total: 7

Titleist Wedge(s)
Model: SM5 Vokey Tour Chrome, Composition: 50.08 F Grind, Shaft: Dynamic
Gold , Flex: Wedge, Length: Mens Std, Grip: - Titleist Tour Velvet 360º
(Logo Down), Grip Size: Standard, Loft: Standard, Lie: Standard, Total:
Model: SM5 Vokey Tour Chrome, Composition: 56.10 M Grind, Shaft: Dynamic
Model: SM5 Vokey Tour Chrome, Composition: 60.08 M Grind, Shaft: Dynamic

Titleist Driver
Model: 913 D2, Composition: 10.5, Shaft: Diamana Blue 62 S+ , Flex:
Stiff, Length: Mens Std, Grip: - Titleist Tour Velvet 360º (Logo Down), Grip Size: Standard, Setting: B2, Total: 1

Titleist Fairway(s)
Model: 913 F, Composition: 15, Shaft: Diamana Blue 72 S+, Flex: Stiff,
Length: Mens -1/2", Grip: - Titleist Tour Velvet 360º (Logo Down), Grip
Size: Standard, Setting: A1, Total: 1

Titleist Hybrid(s)
Model: 913 H, Composition: 19, Shaft: Diamana Blue 72 S+ Hybrid, Flex:
Stiff, Length: Mens -1/2", Grip: - Titleist Tour Velvet 360º (Logo Down), Grip Size: Standard, Setting: A1, Total: 1

Last edited:
Irons £679 and Driver ordered £259, also as I ordered a set of Titleist after my fitting I get a free carry bag and a dozen Pro V1's thrown in too

29786.jpg

913-club.png

diamana-s_18.png

Glad you had a good day. Playing off 14 and hitting it 275!!!??? You must have a seriously gash short game.

I play off 5 and there are not many longer than me at my place and i 'only' hit it 245 - max.

I see you went for the d2 driver, did you hit the d3? Much better looking.

I'm guessing Marky, like myself, finds the trees just as often as the fairways. That's what stopping me dropping down to single hcp.

Nice setup, marky, I'll be sticking with my 2nd hand Wilson Pi7's and $50 Nickent 4DX driver this season. Would love to do a fitting though, see how bad a match me and my equipment is. I know there is something wrong, but it could be just me ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Glad you had a good day. Playing off 14 and hitting it 275!!!??? You must have a seriously gash short game.

I play off 5 and there are not many longer than me at my place and i 'only' hit it 245 - max.

I see you went for the d2 driver, did you hit the d3? Much better looking.

Playing no more than 10 times a year means as you say the short game isnt the strongest part of my game, my swing is pretty decent so I hit a good ball most of the time and my swing is very consistent, always has been

That was 275 in total, not carry by the way hahah

I tried both, the D3 is set up with more of a draw bias and the fitter felt with my swing and shape of shot the D2 was better for my game and he defo knew his onions

Id recommend it to anybody who enjoys their golf, it was so interesting seeing all your stats

Interesting read this...

sldr-847.jpg

TaylorMade's SLDR Mini Driver has generated some considerable buzz since its arrival on TOUR last month at the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship. The club with the matte silver crown was spotted in Troy Matteson's bag at the Valero Texas Open -- he used two SLDR Mini Drivers (10.5 and 12 degrees) that week -- and J.B. Holmes' at the Shell Houston Open, where he put the 10.5-degree TOUR-only model in play.

U.S. Open champion Justin Rose even hinted that he could use a 13-degree Mini Driver at the Masters, noting that he was able to control and work the ball off the tee, which was far more important to him than having a standard 3-wood to use off the turf at Augusta National.

Although SLDR Mini Driver has been out in the open since the beginning of March, TaylorMade didn't release official details on the club until Monday, when it pulled the curtain back on the new metalwood.

According to TaylorMade's director of product creation, Brian Bazzel, the company started to notice a trend on TOUR of players using their 3-wood primarily off the tee -- which led them to start working on a club to fill the gap.

"We've talked about a club like [SLDR Mini Driver] for quite a long time," Bazzel said. "It's one of those clubs that starts out as a niche idea, but there's some merit and data to support why you'd want to do it.

"When we looked at how a majority of the players on TOUR were using their 3-wood, a majority were hitting it off the tee more than the ground; in some cases, quite a bit. We thought now was the time to create a 3-wood that was designed to be hit off the tee. Of course, you also want to be able to hit it off the ground, so that was the inspiration for this club."

The taller-faced, 260cc club -- the standard head on the standard SLDR 3-wood is 155cc -- is designed for players that primarily hit their 3-wood off the tee and are looking for distance, workability and control.

Similar to the SLDR fairway wood line, SLDR Mini Driver features a low and forward center of gravity (CG) that reduces spin, and the company's Speed Pocket technology that flexes effectively at impact for increased ball speeds.

Where the clubs differ is in adjustability and looks. SLDR Mini Driver is non-adjustable and has a black club face and matter silver crown that looks considerably different compared to the silver face and glossy grey crown on the SLDR driver and metalwoods line.

"Players really liked the contrast between the black face and the leading edge on the top of the club and said it helped with alignment," Bazzel said. "It felt right to do something different with the look of this new product."

Even though club is meant to be used primarily off the tee, TaylorMade designers added a smooth sole that's smaller and offers less resistance when the used on the turf. They also added more radius to the sole to make it playable off the tee and from the fairway.

SLDR MiniDriver will be available May 2. The standard version comes in three lofts (12, 14 and 16 degrees) with a 55-gram Fujikura Speeder 57 shaft (43.5 inches) and retails for $280. TaylorMade will also offer a TP model for $380 that comes in the same three loft options, with a Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.3 shaft at a heavier D5 swingweight

I know nothing about playing golf but I do so enjoy watching a good tournament.

Watching the final round of the Masters is one of the more pleasant evenings of the year. A beautiful experience.

Last edited:
I fell asleep with the leaders on the 9th, glad Bubba won though, one of my fav players to watch, Spieth one for the future too same with Blixt

BlKMnbiCIAA52Hp.jpg

His dinner, burgers hahah

Last edited:
Just seen Bubba's flick with the driver on 13, 366 yards over the trees and corner leaving him a wedge in, er ok then hahaha

Back