• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Very much like Davis Love III's attitude towards the cup, its going to be very competitive this one but friendly too, the way it should be

The Ryder Cup
Top points Scorer
Matt Kuchar @ 20/1

The Ryder Cup
Top Points Scorer
Bubba Watson @ 20/1

The Ryder Cup
Top Points Scorer
Graeme McDowell @ 16/1

The Ryder Cup
Top Points Scorer
Ian Poulter @ 16/1

Very much like Davis Love III's attitude towards the cup, its going to be very competitive this one but friendly too, the way it should be

Didn't think much of Snedekers comments of "smash their brains in". I know it was a figure of speech, but still.............

I just watched the highlights of last time's Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor.

Europe won on the last green when Hunter Mahan duffed a chip and didn't really leave himself a chance.

The last shot of the last pair on the last green - epic stuff.

Half way through the final session it was 13-9 to Europe and everyone was saying "we've done it" and I was saying "noooooooooooooooo don't speak too soon or you've jinxed it", then America won with Woods, Mickelson and Johnson and got a half, and suddenly it was down to GMac versus Mahan on the last.

Epic stuff.

I think/hope it will be very close again this time, as even though one side can get a huge lead, as we saw last time it can change VERY quickly.

I suspect the yanks will win on home soil with lots of ungentlemanly conduct from those retarded "IN THE HOLE" type of fans.

I just watched the highlights of last time's Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor.

Europe won on the last green when Hunter Mahan duffed a chip and didn't really leave himself a chance.

The last shot of the last pair on the last green - epic stuff.

Half way through the final session it was 13-9 to Europe and everyone was saying "we've done it" and I was saying "noooooooooooooooo don't speak too soon or you've jinxed it", then America won with Woods, Mickelson and Johnson and got a half, and suddenly it was down to GMac versus Mahan on the last.

Epic stuff.

I think/hope it will be very close again this time, as even though one side can get a huge lead, as we saw last time it can change VERY quickly.

I suspect the yanks will win on home soil with lots of ungentlemanly conduct from those retarded "IN THE HOLE" type of fans.

Is there a worse thing in Sport than these people!? It's depressing me already knowing there will be some guy shout "YEAH" as soon as Tiger tees off, even though he has shanked it into the trees somewhere lol!!!

From the BBC live text feed...wtf?!

Medinah Country Club was founded by the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, a freemasonry splinter group - I'm not making this up - in 1924. The group adopted a Middle Eastern theme and soon established Temples meeting in Mosques, while its members wear fezzes.

Flying out to Spain tomorrow, but hope to catch it other there (sure I will find some Seve, Olazabal and Garcia fans to share the fun with). My prediction before I go, is the yanks will edge it by a point or two, but fingers crossed I'm wrong. COME ON EUROPE

Is there a worse thing in Sport than these people!? It's depressing me already knowing there will be some guy shout "YEAH" as soon as Tiger tees off, even though he has shanked it into the trees somewhere lol!!!

MASHED POTATO is the new one, seriously these ****swipes should be thrown out the moment they shout out something

BBC text sucks... What the hell is this guy talking about? If you're gonna post a quote at least explain whats going on?

Does anyone know what happened?

Andrew Magee, Radio 5 live summariser
"There's gamesmanship right off the bat here. Furyk looked McIlroy right in the eye and said to him: 'Do you understand that?'. Almost as if to say, 'I'm almost twice your age, young man!'"

People can slag off Poulter as much as they like for him being a gooner but he's playing some good golf today.

Last edited:
I didn't even recognise Colsaerts when he wandered up to tee off

Seems a bit of a random one... obviously Olazabal knows a tad more than me though :D

Colsaerts played in the 2012 U.S. Open at the Olympic Club and made the cut for the first time in a major championship, going on to finish tied 27th. For a brief period during the third round Colsaerts was tied for the lead and started the final round just three strokes back of the leaders. However he fell away with a final round of 76. On 27 August 2012, he was selected by European captain José María Olazábal as a wildcard for the 2012 Ryder Cup team and thus will become the first Belgian to play in the even

I didn't even recognise Colsaerts when he wandered up to tee off

Seems a bit of a random one... obviously Olazabal knows a tad more than me though :D

Colsaerts played in the 2012 U.S. Open at the Olympic Club and made the cut for the first time in a major championship, going on to finish tied 27th. For a brief period during the third round Colsaerts was tied for the lead and started the final round just three strokes back of the leaders. However he fell away with a final round of 76. On 27 August 2012, he was selected by European captain José María Olazábal as a wildcard for the 2012 Ryder Cup team and thus will become the first Belgian to play in the even

The belgian bomber, absolute quality player hits it a mile, has the potential to win majors in the future

Back