• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Girl dies in House with "out of control Dogs"

@The Barbaric one - in short yes your friends bull mastiff should be put down. There are no use or needs for these breeds unless your a drug dealer or a chav with nothing to do.

@The Barbaric one - in short yes your friends bull mastiff should be put down. There are no use or needs for these breeds unless your a drug dealer or a chav with nothing to do.

There is 'no use of need' for any pet though, people have them because they want to.

Should we stop doing anything that could be the slightest bit dangerous when done badly?

It's a dreadfully sad story, and a horrible way to die.

I agree with those saying the owner is to blame though, although I have no experience of Mastiffs, my mother owns a Staffy and he's soft as brick; very affectionate and loves people. I think that's the way they were originally bred to be too, hence the "nanny dog" nickname.

Unfortunately, him and his breed all have the tools to do damage if they're raised that way, so they're appealing to the sort of scum who'll use a dog as a weapon.

@brick-spine , should we not therefore eliminate every member of the armed forces? Are they not "an animal" bred with the ability to be aggressive , able to be trained to kill .? Maybe your breed has no use .

You might want to have a bit of empathy for what happened to this poor girl rather than pin blame on dumb animals , unless of course you have an affiliation with them !

@brick-spine , should we not therefore eliminate every member of the armed forces? Are they not "an animal" bred with the ability to be aggressive , able to be trained to kill .? Maybe your breed has no use .

You might want to have a bit of empathy for what happened to this poor girl rather than pin blame on dumb animals , unless of course you have an affiliation with them !

In response to your 2nd paragraph, indeed this a dreadful and very tragic case. The owner of the dogs along with the dogs should be put down, unfortunately society dosent work like this so only the dogs will be dealt with.

Bull Mastiff are agggressive dogs, I speak from experience when my ex partners brother in law had one. Like you they thought he was a family pet and was ok until he went all aggressive outside the front door for no reason one day. Totally uncontrollable that the family stayed inside until police handlers had to come. The family was in shock that they had the dog put down(it was heartbreak). To cheer the kids up they bought them a chocolate labrador at a later date. They werent put of having a dog, just the type. Do you think the labrador would turn one day like the Bull mastiff?? No, i dont think so either. Its the breed as well as the owner.

Im surprised a man of your knowledge has not had a quiet word in your friends ear regarding his choice of dog...

Last edited:
In response to your 2nd paragraph, indeed this a dreadful and very tragic case. The owner of the dogs along with the dogs should be put down, unfortunately society dosent work like this so only the dogs will be dealt with.

Bull Mastiff are agggressive dogs, I speak from experience when my ex partners brother in law had one. Like you they thought he was a family pet and was ok until he went all aggressive outside the front door for no reason one day. Totally uncontrollable that the family stayed inside until police handlers had to come. The family was in shock that they had the dog put down(it was heartbreak). To cheer the kids up they bought them a chocolate labrador at a later date. They werent put of having a dog, just the type. Do you think the labrador would turn one day like the Bull mastiff?? No, i dont think so either. Its the breed as well as the owner.

Im surprised a man of your knowledge has not had a quiet word in your friends ear regarding his choice of dog...

I see what you're saying in a way , but I think you miss the point . You had a bad , personal experience with a particular dog, therefore that breed is wrong ?

My friend was murdered by his army soldier dad when he was barely ten years old, we all thought he was a great bloke , serving his country , " until he went all aggressive outside the front door" as you put it . I am in no way trivialising things or justifying them but seriously you cannot pin a whole breed on a single incident

I see what you're saying in a way , but I think you miss the point . You had a bad , personal experience with a particular dog, therefore that breed is wrong ?

My friend was murdered by his army soldier dad when he was barely ten years old, we all thought he was a great bloke , serving his country , " until he went all aggressive outside the front door" as you put it . I am in no way trivialising things or justifying them but seriously you cannot pin a whole breed on a single incident

Are you not doing the same thing with your analogy of the Armed Forces?

Pit bulls, mastiffs, staffs should all be banned or shot. No reason to have them as a domestic pet apart from Chav society using them as a fighting dog. I find it incredible that not enough has been done and much tougher laws for owners especially ones ago have been reported as attacking others.

i knew a mastiff once, and seriously it was the biggest, soppiest, stoopidest, lovliest, dopiest, calmest dog i've come across.

she totally unfazed by other dogs, fine with kids etc and AFAIK she no special training. lovely breed imo.

eat you out of house and home though.

Are you not doing the same thing with your analogy of the Armed Forces?
i am , but only as a counter-argument. I have every sympathy for spits personal experience but i also have every reason to put foward my own point of view , why is a particular type of animal anymore culpable than another for their actions

There is a tiger in every cat too, should we put them down?

i might be wrong about this but I don't think domestic cats and big cats share lineage in the same way that dogs and wolves do

i'm not in the "put all dangerous dogs down" camp though, they are a product of their environment in my opinion

I agree that its the environment and upbringing of the dogs which influences the personality first and foremost but the instinct in the breeding is still there. There were 5 dogs in that house, it just takes one of those dogs to snap and they will act like a pack.
I have no interest in the bigger breeds and certainly have no interest in snappy little rats and having children we were very choosy over which type of dogs we wanted. We have a labrador and a spaniel, both soft mouthed soppy dopes.

I think the biggest problem is that these so called 'aggressive' breeds require much better training than more docile breeds. The irony is that a lot of the people who buy 'aggressive' breeds are incapable or unwilling to train them properly, and more responsible owners choose softer dogs

More people die each year riding horses than being attacked by dogs. ALL breeds of dogs can turn nasty, as the Mastiff in the account above did, the ones that are trained to be nasty are owned by nasty people who want an agressive dog. They tend to choose Staffies, mastiffs, pit bulls or mixed breeds of these because they are fashionable and have a reputation. People should be vetted prior to being allowed to own dogs, we should also bring back the dog licence.

I have owned dogs all my life and currently own an English Bull Terrier, she is the soppiest softest dog you could meet by the way, I have also owned 2 Staffies and a Staffie/English Bull Dog cross and the only breed I have ever come across as always agressive is a bloody Jack Russell when off the lead they just seem to go for any dog in close proximity.

To the person with the snappy dog, your dog sees itself as the leader of the pack in your house so is actually warning you off as they see you as a junior member, you need to stop mollycoddling the bloody thing and treat it like a dog!

More people die each year riding horses than being attacked by dogs. ALL breeds of dogs can turn nasty, as the Mastiff in the account above did, the ones that are trained to be nasty are owned by nasty people who want an agressive dog.

I've yet to see or hear of any labrador turn

I've yet to see or hear of any labrador turn

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-09-20/delhi/33975855_1_dog-breeder-mauls-ravi

NEW DELHI: Mauled by a pet Labrador dog, an 11-month-old girl died on Tuesday evening after doctors at a Noida hospital lost a three-hour battle to save her.

Boy, three, left with horrific facial injuries as Labrador savages him while his mother strokes puppy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-injuries-Labrador-savages-Poole-Harbour.html

There are many many more.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-09-20/delhi/33975855_1_dog-breeder-mauls-ravi

NEW DELHI: Mauled by a pet Labrador dog, an 11-month-old girl died on Tuesday evening after doctors at a Noida hospital lost a three-hour battle to save her.

Boy, three, left with horrific facial injuries as Labrador savages him while his mother strokes puppy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-injuries-Labrador-savages-Poole-Harbour.html

There are many many more.

Sorry not buying this daily mail sensationalism. The dog must have been a cross breed with something more sinister probably mentioned above

Sorry not buying this daily mail sensationalism. The dog must have been a cross breed with something more sinister probably mentioned above

:ross:

Who would you believe? I'll find one from them. In truth i just picked the first two articles that came up.

Last edited:
can_t-tell-if-trolling.jpg

Back