• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Isn't that why we have the biggest bonuses in the prem? Our wages might not match the other top clubs. But are bumped if they perform.

We must be saving a fortune on him. He's not a kid trying to find his way in PL he's a 27 year old international with a wealth of experience and his performances for us have been well below what's expected, I don't care if he's got unlimited talent if he can't be bother and we have to wait for him to be in the mood. This club will go nowhere if we select players like him regularly.

Isn't that why we have the biggest bonuses in the prem? Our wages might not match the other top clubs. But are bumped if they perform.
We don't actually know this. We know we play bonuses but so do many clubs. Liverpool apparently having very heavily incentivised system as well. There has never been any corroboration to state that we pay the biggest bonus percentages, that's just hopeful online fan talk.

We must be saving a fortune on him. He's not a kid trying to find his way in PL he's a 27 year old international with a wealth of experience and his performances for us have been well below what's expected, I don't care if he's got unlimited talent if he can't be bother and we have to wait for him to be in the mood. This club will go nowhere if we select players like him regularly.

Very OTT take, he picked up a knock in training mate, far cry from he can't be bothered, what do you think he's doing, Christmas shopping?

I do agree he needs to be able to stay fit to have a long term future with us (same reason we need to move Sess on), but that's not an attitude thing.

I suspect he's gone in January anyway, lots of noise that Barca want him, a decent offer that allows us to invest elsewhere will probably be taken.

Very OTT take, he picked up a knock in training mate, far cry from he can't be bothered, what do you think he's doing, Christmas shopping?

I do agree he needs to be able to stay fit to have a long term future with us (same reason we need to move Sess on), but that's not an attitude thing.

I suspect he's gone in January anyway, lots of noise that Barca want him, a decent offer that allows us to invest elsewhere will probably be taken.

I believe his very average to below par performances over his 4 years here speaks for its self, 60 odd games and 4 goals is poor for a player I see many believe could be good for us, he's a squad player at best because he's failed to make himself an automatic selection. His performances and ability to represent Argentina are annoying as it says to me there is a player in him but not for us.

Barcelona want him
But have no money…
They will want a loan
We should tell them to fudge off

I believe his very average to below par performances over his 4 years here speaks for its self, 60 odd games and 4 goals is poor for a player I see many believe could be good for us, he's a squad player at best because he's failed to make himself an automatic selection. His performances and ability to represent Argentina are annoying as it says to me there is a player in him but not for us.
One thing I've liked about Ange is his ability to get a tune out of his players, making do when necessary. I never thought I'd see Porro looking anything other than a defensive liability, for example.

What I'm saying is that Lo Celso isn't the only one to look clueless under Conte. I'm prepared to give him a clean slate from the start of this season. He's already shown that he can work in our current system, and hopefully this latest injury isn't the first of many more.

Hopefully that doesn't stop Barca coming in for him.

Rumours they are looking to offload Raphina - should we be thinking about striking a deal there? He looked class at Leeds and if memory serves he played in a way that'd suit Ange

Interesting thought.

I like Raphina. But he's mostly a right sided attacker, no? I think we mostly need another left winger.

One thing I've liked about Ange is his ability to get a tune out of his players, making do when necessary. I never thought I'd see Porro looking anything other than a defensive liability, for example.

What I'm saying is that Lo Celso isn't the only one to look clueless under Conte. I'm prepared to give him a clean slate from the start of this season. He's already shown that he can work in our current system, and hopefully this latest injury isn't the first of many more.
A clean slate is a good thing. And great work from Ange, the coaches and GLC himself to see him back performing like the player he actually can be. I definitely agree with the principle of a clean slate.

But the slate isn't entirely "clean". There's the issue of frequent injuries, not blaming him for that just to be clear, but it is an issue. Playing in an intense style in a very physical league makes that concern even greater.

There's also the issue of his contract (a year left in the summer) and what he will want himself going forward. We can't keep him around unless he signs an extension. Again, not blaming him, if his preference is to play in Spain or elsewhere that's fine. But it does raise concerns about his future here.

If for any of these reasons the club is convinced that he's really unlikely to stay beyond the summer I think it's only fair to start planning for that come January.

He's been important for us, he probably will for the coming weeks/months too assuming he stays fit. But it may be better for all parties involved if he's moved on in January.

A clean slate is a good thing. And great work from Ange, the coaches and GLC himself to see him back performing like the player he actually can be. I definitely agree with the principle of a clean slate.

But the slate isn't entirely "clean". There's the issue of frequent injuries, not blaming him for that just to be clear, but it is an issue. Playing in an intense style in a very physical league makes that concern even greater.

There's also the issue of his contract (a year left in the summer) and what he will want himself going forward. We can't keep him around unless he signs an extension. Again, not blaming him, if his preference is to play in Spain or elsewhere that's fine. But it does raise concerns about his future here.

If for any of these reasons the club is convinced that he's really unlikely to stay beyond the summer I think it's only fair to start planning for that come January.

He's been important for us, he probably will for the coming weeks/months too assuming he stays fit. But it may be better for all parties involved if he's moved on in January.
His contract is why he will be sold in January
the issue is that Barca who want him will not have money
the only way it’s gets done is a loan with a guarantee buy clause

We don't actually know this. We know we play bonuses but so do many clubs. Liverpool apparently having very heavily incentivised system as well. There has never been any corroboration to state that we pay the biggest bonus percentages, that's just hopeful online fan talk.

Levy came out and said it in a preseason interview didn't he?

Back