• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Another good game from him, two observations

- Important for him that he's stepped up in our time of greatest need, reflects well on him
- His ability to shoot from outside is clearly a threat in this system (we put so many in the box and wide, it leaves space), I think we really need to consider the ability to shoot from range for any incoming midfielder/wingers.

Last edited:
Another good game from him, two observations

- Important for him that he's stepped up in our time of greatest need, reflects well on him
- His ability to shoot from outside is clearly a threat in this system (we put so many in the box and wide, it leaves space), I think we really need to consider the ability to shoot from range for any incoming midfielder/wingers.
The longer range shooting is something we lack. Off th top of my head the guys who are good at it in the squad are Son and Maddison. Sarr is very willing to shoot and actually has a good shot on him but we haven't really seen it yet in a Spurs shirt. GLC seems decent from just outside the box as does Johnson. Beyond them I can't think of many willing and able to shoot on target. Hopefully there are some players that have slipped my mind and we start to see some more attempts made.

The longer range shooting is something we lack. Off th top of my head the guys who are good at it in the squad are Son and Maddison. Sarr is very willing to shoot and actually has a good shot on him but we haven't really seen it yet in a Spurs shirt. GLC seems decent from just outside the box as does Johnson. Beyond them I can't think of many willing and able to shoot on target. Hopefully there are some players that have slipped my mind and we start to see some more attempts made.

Porro will score some from range in time....

Yea I agree, the formation has been tweaked a bit tge last couple of games.

Normally:

———Biss———
Sarr————Mads

Now it’s more like:

—Biss——GLC—
———Kulu———

And given Hoijberg came on yesterday to provide defensive strength and an extra number in midfield I wonder how we will start v West Ham given that their strengths lay in midfield and from set pieces.

I think Pedro Porro is willing to shoot and Hoijberg has scored goals in the past fron the edge of the box.

Different players suit different styles and managers. No shock he works in a side where we move the ball quicker and give him chances further up the pitch. I know there is alot of issue with International football (I have it) but you have to be able to play if you play for the World Champs as he does again now, our failure on some players has been in the past that we have played to their weaknesses. Likewise there are players what are just not going to fit the Ange system and he is compromising on that with his selections evident in Dier.

I think all players have the right to start again from Zero and if a 40m player of ours goes on to prove he is that then we would be absolutely silly not to give him a go

Ange is saving us money. Players many of us thought were gonners are fitting in well to this system. its great to see. I always has a soft spot for Lo Celso so id be happy if it works out. What a weird turnaround it would be though.

Given the negativety that some sections of the fanbase have meted out, I am pleased that GLC has demonstrated what a good player he is. You would think he was Ndombele the way he has been criticized! When he has had a run of games and allowed to play further forward, his quality comes through.

I am as guilty as the next fan in having players that I am critical of (sorry John Pratt, never going to forgive the back pass that turned into a through ball against Arsenal) but the case against GLC has been thin. Injured? Really not his fault. Able to play for Argentina but not for us? This trope seems to get trotted out for all of our Argentinians --- Romero and Lamela too. No evidence to support the idea that they don't want to play for us but miraculously get fit for international duty, beyond timing. Do we really think that they shouldn't play for their country if the timing means they are fit? Didn't do it in a Spurs shirt? Some truth to this, but it seems to me that it ties in with the stop-start nature of his Spurs career and the changing of the managers. Rude to staff? Disliked by players? Rumor and innuendo, akin to Vertonghen's "body language". Seems to be popular enough in the last two games.

Here's hoping that he continues in the same vein and he gets the support that all our players deserve (except those who don't try (Ndombele) and John Pratt, of course).

He's played well in parts of the game in the last two matches and I imagine or hope he's just getting up to speed, but I'm yet to be convinced about his will to work when he doesn't have the ball, this system needs everyone committed. I'm pleased he's got some goals as it should help his confidence.

Given the negativety that some sections of the fanbase have meted out, I am pleased that GLC has demonstrated what a good player he is. You would think he was Ndombele the way he has been criticized! When he has had a run of games and allowed to play further forward, his quality comes through.

I am as guilty as the next fan in having players that I am critical of (sorry John Pratt, never going to forgive the back pass that turned into a through ball against Arsenal) but the case against GLC has been thin. Injured? Really not his fault. Able to play for Argentina but not for us? This trope seems to get trotted out for all of our Argentinians --- Romero and Lamela too. No evidence to support the idea that they don't want to play for us but miraculously get fit for international duty, beyond timing. Do we really think that they shouldn't play for their country if the timing means they are fit? Didn't do it in a Spurs shirt? Some truth to this, but it seems to me that it ties in with the stop-start nature of his Spurs career and the changing of the managers. Rude to staff? Disliked by players? Rumor and innuendo, akin to Vertonghen's "body language". Seems to be popular enough in the last two games.

Here's hoping that he continues in the same vein and he gets the support that all our players deserve (except those who don't try (Ndombele) and John Pratt, of course).
Up until these last two games his performances for Spurs (and the numbers he's put up) have been worse than Ndombele's. He got criticism because other than a few games in Europe under Jose (not comparable to premier league games) his performances weren't at all good.

The past couple of games though he has performed well and I hope that we now consistently see that same player as in those last two games for the rest of his Spurs career.

Up until these last two games his performances for Spurs (and the numbers he's put up) have been worse than Ndombele's. He got criticism because other than a few games in Europe under Jose (not comparable to premier league games) his performances weren't at all good.

The past couple of games though he has performed well and I hope that we now consistently see that same player as in those last two games for the rest of his Spurs career.
The distinction as I see it is that Ndombele appears as a gifted individual who also appears unprofessional in his conditioning and unprepared to put in the hard yards and perform on both sides of the ball. I have not seen any sign of unprofessionalism with GLC. Instead, my impression has been that he has the work ethic and ability to be successful for us but that he hasn't had a run and been played consistently in his best position. Glimpses of his ability did appear in the league --- the run and assisting pass away at Soton for example.

We both agree that the player we have seen most recently has a role to play and long may that continue.

You have to say he's been pretty damn good lately, especially considering he's basically a fifth choice midfielder. Great to see - if he keeps it up, we'll have great depth in midfield when everyone's fit (which probably will never happen given our luck with injuries).

You have to say he's been pretty damn good lately, especially considering he's basically a fifth choice midfielder. Great to see - if he keeps it up, we'll have great depth in midfield when everyone's fit (which probably will never happen given our luck with injuries).
If he keeps it up, he will also save us needing to buy a Maddison back up.

Back