• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

You realise there is internationals next month? And november, january, feb, march? You want them to miss a couple of games after every international break?

I said at the moment it’s just Spurs and Villa getting fudged over…

I don’t want them to go at all.

So you are happy we get hit hard every window as we seem to be a soft touch and others don’t?

Have you read any of my posts? No i am not happy at all with the situation at all and fifa need to find a solution. Your idea would mean we would be in the same situation next month and if we didn't release them they would be banned for the season.

First thing fifa needs to do is ban the 4 argentinian player who lied on their visas, for international games for causing the game to be abandoned. Then they can look at punishing the players that didn't go.

Have you read any of my posts? No i am not happy at all with the situation at all and fifa need to find a solution. Your idea would mean we would be in the same situation next month and if we didn't release them they would be banned for the season.

First thing fifa needs to do is ban the 4 argentinian player who lied on their visas, for international games for causing the game to be abandoned. Then they can look at punishing the players that didn't go.

Not sure where you get this banned for the season from?

International break on Oct/Nov then jan/ March - that’s 20 more days on top of a potential 5 for not showing - in which they can train.

The Jan break has no European football

FIFA won’t change

So as I said, it’s just Spurs and Villa being punished harder as it stands.

Not sure where you get this banned for the season from?

International break on Oct/Nov then jan/ March - that’s 20 more days on top of a potential 5 for not showing - in which they can train.

The Jan break has no European football

FIFA won’t change

So as I said, it’s just Spurs and Villa being punished harder as it stands.

My bad misread your post sorry. Didn't realise you said quarantine length.

I believe fifa only have the power to ban for up to 5 days after the international break.

We're not really being punished harder. Our players will miss a league game and a conference league game. Citys, liverpool... miss a league and champions league game. The clubs themselves might face further punishments. Although don't know if that will hold up. Fifa adjusted the international calendar adding games. So clubs could argue they have the right to refuse. Especially if the players miss domestic games. Or they might just swallow it but then have showdown talks with fifa. If brazil and argentina want the european players to play. Play the games in a non red list country.

The reason they will be fined is not because they played for their country... it's because (if accounts are correct) they left without informing the club. It's like if you just leave work for a holiday abroad without telling your employer. The vacation leave is your contractual right but you still have to have an agreement with your boss to take it - otherwise you will be disciplined.
Sure, accepting the current reporting as true.

Difficult situation for the players though, club not wanting to release them, FA saying that they can and should go, perhaps even adding more pressure than that.

Can understand that. Can understand a fine. I just hope a solution can be found for the upcoming internationals.

It is not all a matter of wanting to help Messi, some players are actually patriotic and want to play for their country, not everybody is like Ryan Giggs and always pulls a sickie when it is time to play for their country.

Spurs cannot buy South American internationals and then bitch when they want to fly back to their come continent to represent their countries. That irritates me just as much as English clubs who whinge about African players who want to represent their various countries during the African Nations Cup. Mark my words in a a couple of years time their will be people on here complaining about Pape Matar Sarr because he has gone off to represent Senegal in Jan/Feb.

Harry Kane always wants to play for his country, do you honestly think if he were playing in another league he would stay with his club and reject the chance to play for his country? Hell No.

My only irritation with the African nations is why do they need to have it every 2 years? Not aware of any other international tournament that is played so frequently. The copa América has been played a lot recently but my understanding is they have done it so it aligns with the euros. It’s not normally played so frequently.

how shortsighted, if I was a player in that position, being treated like that, I'd be retiring from international football immediately

you can't fudge with peoples day job

Countries are better off without players with that attitute.
Impossible to build a proper all in it together team mentality when you have people who don't want to be there.

Did you manage England in the 2000s by any chance?

My only irritation with the African nations is why do they need to have it every 2 years? Not aware of any other international tournament that is played so frequently. The copa América has been played a lot recently but my understanding is they have done it so it aligns with the euros. It’s not normally played so frequently.
So they get more money according to African spurs who used to post on here.

There’s so much money swilling about football in sponsorships I think FIFA should be doing more to divy out the funds to the poorer nations much better than they do. Cut down on the need for pointless or repetitive fixtures and keep the hunger for the tournament football we all love.

The reason they will be fined is not because they played for their country... it's because (if accounts are correct) they left without informing the club. It's like if you just leave work for a holiday abroad without telling your employer. The vacation leave is your contractual right but you still have to have an agreement with your boss to take it - otherwise you will be disciplined.

So even though Spurs Official Twitter congratulated the players you are saying they left without informing the club, are you sure about that? What is your source?

Alternatively: https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/thiago-silva-five-day-ban-21514949

So I guess Romero and Lo Celso did the right thing

Romero, Lo Celso and Sanchez won't get the 5 day ban, but equally (unlike the other players) aren't able to train with the rest of their team mates as they are in Croatia to avoid the hotel quarantine requirements in the UK.
So yes, right thing by what they wanted to do - play for their country (understandably), but wrong thing in terms of the outcome for Spurs.

As it stands coubs that send players to qualifiers are punished whilst those that don’t take the 5 day ban and move on.

Lo Celso/Sanchez/Romero have completely screwed us over, we need him for next two games and they are not here.

but we shouldn’t be missing him for 2 games and everyone else who didn’t send players to South America 1.

Martinez spoke out about the situation and said that he felt the Argentinean internationals cared too much to turn down the call:

“The four of us decided to come for the love for the shirt, even though all the Premier [League] did not want to come, we decided to come anyway. After winning the Copa América, the whole team wants to be with the group, not just give the national team a victory. It’s something beautiful that we have and we assume the consequences.”

Some people have pride for playing for their country.

Maybe Spurs should stop signing South Koreans who have to do national service and African as well as South Americans then you would have nothing to whinge about

They should just run the regionals as the qualifiers for the world Cup. So all the players go off to do their national thing at the same time.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Martinez spoke out about the situation and said that he felt the Argentinean internationals cared too much to turn down the call:

“The four of us decided to come for the love for the shirt, even though all the Premier [League] did not want to come, we decided to come anyway. After winning the Copa América, the whole team wants to be with the group, not just give the national team a victory. It’s something beautiful that we have and we assume the consequences.”

Some people have pride for playing for their country.

Maybe Spurs should stop signing South Koreans who have to do national service and African as well as South Americans then you would have nothing to whinge about

Great, I don’t think anyone has really said they shouldn’t.

What they have said is at the moment it isn’t a great idea to go and now we are screwed.

Sounds good to me, the last few argies haven’t done much have they.

The difference with Son/Korea was all parties worked together to find a solution

whinging for wanting the best for Spurs?

Romero, Lo Celso and Sanchez won't get the 5 day ban, but equally (unlike the other players) aren't able to train with the rest of their team mates as they are in Croatia to avoid the hotel quarantine requirements in the UK.
So yes, right thing by what they wanted to do - play for their country (understandably), but wrong thing in terms of the outcome for Spurs.

Exactly. Those players shouldn’t be able to train or play for 10 days.

Back