• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ginger Pele Announces Retirement

So ****ing what. **** player from a **** era of the club. Name the bog roll after him. It's all he deserves.

It really is a wonder that we've never been relegated in the prem. era looking at the dross thats played for us..

You say that, but Im pretty sure the majority of PL teams if they looked back ten years or so would think they looked significantly weaker. It's more a case of the PL attracting better and better players as the years have gone on.

Look at a team like Stoke, someone like Bojan (albeit on loan) there now, if they looked back at the players they had ten years back...

I remember him scoring a few in that 2001 FA Cup run to the semis.... I specifically remember a late winner at Leyton Orient but think there were a few other goals for him in that run?

Doherty was a decent centre half who then did a reasonable enough job filling in up front for us.

I would be interested to see how his goals per game record compares with Soldado's? They probably aren't too dissimilar.

I remember a collegue of mine (think he was a Liverpool fan) once mentioning how he was impressed by Doherty's performance for us.

He was surprised that he hadn't seen this aging striker play for us before. Doherty was 21 at the time.

He was an honest player who would give his all, and never did anything but his best. For that I will always respect him. I was at Old Trafford when he scored the opener in the FA Cup Semi against the Goons and also at WHL when his leg was broken, a night match I seem to remember.

I think that Gary would be the first to admit that he wasn't the most talented person to ever kick a football , but I salute a thoroughly decent guy. I feel the team should all wear ginger wigs on Saturday against Burnley as a tribute to a great professional.

Great idea!

So ****ing what. **** player from a **** era of the club. Name the bog roll after him. It's all he deserves.

I think that you are missing a lot of the irony/humour in some of these posts. As I said, he wasn't the greatest talent but gave his all.

It was an Epic moment, Hoddles first game in charge too! Shame the day out was spoilt by that twunt Vierra

Yes mate. I was here. In the 'big' stand opposite the dug-outs right by the divide. Last one seated after the goal, could not seem to get my middle fingers down or twit myself back from turning left!!!!! And I blame 'MASK' for his filthy challenge on S*l that ended his afternoon. Will never ever forget Lauren running past us flicking V-signs the dirty goon scum.

Yes mate. I was here. In the 'big' stand opposite the dug-outs right by the divide. Last one seated after the goal, could not seem to get my middle fingers down or twit myself back from turning left!!!!! And I blame 'MASK' for his filthy challenge on S*l that ended his afternoon. Will never ever forget Lauren running past us flicking V-signs the dirty goon scum.

I always feel quite ill when I recall how we cheered S*l as he limped past us, little did we know what he was about to do.

Give due respect to Doc. He did score against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi final in 2001. How many Spurs player can claim that honour ? He was a defender who was required to play as a striker that time. Thought he did fairly well there. But ofcourse, he was never good enough to be a defender for us.

Back