• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gin

Why put tonic in a good gin at all? Its like mixing malt whisky with lemonade. Generally, small batch gins are made differently to the bigger brands as they are made by passing the vapour through fresh fruit/herbs/spices rather than adding them and boiling them.

If your drinking good gin with tonic, even a good one like fevertree, its a waste of a good spirit.

Gin shots are the way to go, not a big fan of it as a short drink.

I have had a £95 tequila shot at Nobu a while back and was so ****in nice. I hate tequila but that was a bit special and definitely different from others

ha - you coulda got this bad boy for 500 pesos though :

C20bEBB.jpg

:cool:

Why put tonic in a good gin at all? Its like mixing malt whisky with lemonade. Generally, small batch gins are made differently to the bigger brands as they are made by passing the vapour through fresh fruit/herbs/spices rather than adding them and boiling them.

If your drinking good gin with tonic, even a good one like fevertree, its a waste of a good spirit.

Yes neat gin is not widely taken in the UK since the demise of the gin palaces.. We had some social problems. Have you heard the expression 'mothers ruin?'

Perhaps taking it straight is due a comeback along with the workhouses, peasouper fogs and foundling hospitals!

I'm well aware of mothers ruin.

Gin with water. Gin with bitters, gin with orange the list goes on. There are so many gin ****tails. It's such a shame gin is generally only served with tonic.

I'm well aware of mothers ruin.

Gin with water. Gin with bitters, gin with orange the list goes on. There are so many gin ****tails. It's such a shame gin is generally only served with tonic.

Gin with a splash of bitters? Sounds ok, I will give it a whirl.

Try cork dry if you are looking for a unfussy or poser gin. It's Irish (from Cork would you believe) and very good.
Gin ****tail, a bees knees. Gin honey and lemon juice.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Try cork dry if you are looking for a unfussy or poser gin. It's Irish (from Cork would you believe) and very good.

Agreed on Cork Dry, it is very good

Now that sounds great. I love bärenfang (honey liqueur) so this could see me through the winter.

I wouldn't buy Irish gin just wouldn't do it.

I love honey, put it in everything and have even been known it eat it on its own[emoji15] so will have to track that down!
Historical note, the honey is from prohibition days and was to take the edge off the bathtub gin.

Back