• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG's got talent (or maybe not)

I can write in many languages.
Jeg kan skrive på mange språk.
Ich kann in vielen sprachen schreiben.

You see how Norwegian is similar to German? Me neither. That's why I never learned German even though I had German for five fecking years in school!

Nice thread, and some good contributions! :)

Here's my Soundcloud, I make synth music.
https://soundcloud.com/happyleaguecactus

A couple of examples;

I also draw occasionally, usually something along the lines of this;
XfUQ4hg.jpg

12eSPtf.png

Last edited:
I've been Djing professionally since I was 16. Still does the odd gig if the concept and price is right. I mainly play house, funk and Rnb.
I've abandoned soundcloud due to the ridiculous restrictions there, but still have some sets there,
https://m.soundcloud.com/djkandi-3
And at mixcloud, which I prefer now.
https://m.mixcloud.com/DJ_Kandi/
Unfortunately I don't have the time to do stuff like that as often as I would like, nor the time to find new music.
Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Last edited:
I managed a band and we were offered £1 by HBO for a song for use in True Blood (at the end credits) we turned it down, regret it now

I managed a band and we were offered £1 by HBO for a song for use in True Blood (at the end credits) we turned it down, regret it now

Whaaaat? They offered you a pound? That's just ridiculous. Good thing you turned it down. Professional production companies should be obliged to pay for the artistic material they use, they have the cash. I've actually sold a couple of tracks to documentaries, very niche ones, but still got paid quite well.

Yeh they wanted me to go to an office and sign over the rights to the song for a £1, we were an Essex R&B band, done well in Essex and blues festivals and in Belgium but they were trying to say once single was heard it would be a hit, we knew it wouldn't and knew we were being ripped off.

Was nice to stick it to the man

I play bass, currently in a wedding band. We don't play this song in the wedding band....

Kudos. That is some fantastic bass playing. I think your bass tapping is better than my six string tapping -- I'll have to practice some more. [do you slap as well?]
Have you played in non-wedding bands at some point? (I'm assuming from your proficiency that you probably have).

PS I must have seen Billy Sheehan when he was part of Dave Lee Roth's band in the 80s.

Last edited:
Kudos. That is some fantastic bass playing. I think your bass tapping is better than my six string tapping -- I'll have to practice some more. [do you slap as well?]
Have you played in non-wedding bands at some point? (I'm assuming from your proficiency that you probably have).

PS I must have seen Billy Sheehan when he was part of Dave Lee Roth's band in the 80s.

Thanks mate,

I can slap, but I'm no Marcus Miller.

Yeh I've spent most of my time playing in rock, metal proggy type bands. Have posted a few tracks in here over the years.

The wedding band thing currently is a means to pull together a deposit for a house. Hopefully not too long term.

Thanks mate,

Yeh I've spent most of my time playing in rock, metal proggy type bands. Have posted a few tracks in here over the years.

The wedding band thing currently is a means to pull together a deposit for a house. Hopefully not too long term.
Any chance you can post a version of Come On Eileen? :p

Thanks mate,

Who are your favourite bass players? I'm betting maybe Brian Beller is on the list..

I'm a big Marcus Miller fan - and the likes of Ralphe Armstrong, Anthony Crawford (www.youtube.com/watch?v=16nk8Kf8StM), Wojtek Pilichowski, and, of course, Victor Wooten.

Who are your favourite bass players? I'm betting maybe Brian Beller is on the list..

I'm a big Marcus Miller fan - and the likes of Ralphe Armstrong, Anthony Crawford (www.youtube.com/watch?v=16nk8Kf8StM), Wojtek Pilichowski, and, of course, Victor Wooten.

Brian Beller is indeed a great player. It changes all the time and I like different players for different reasons, but at the minute I'm really into Marcus Miller, Billy Sheehan, Nick Schendzielos, Ryan Martine, Steve Lawson, Stuart Zender, James Jamerson.

I'm actually trying to get more syncopation and funkiness into my playing so transcribing a lot of jamiroquai and Jamerson. I'm also currently learning to read - which is kicking my ass lol

Brian Beller is indeed a great player. It changes all the time and I like different players for different reasons, but at the minute I'm really into Marcus Miller, Billy Sheehan, Nick Schendzielos, Ryan Martine, Steve Lawson, Stuart Zender, James Jamerson.

I'm actually trying to get more syncopation and funkiness into my playing so transcribing a lot of jamiroquai and Jamerson. I'm also currently learning to read - which is kicking my ass lol

I'm not familiar with some of those -so I shall go and check them out, thanks. I'm a six string guitarist that has a barely used Status Graphite bass sitting in the corner of the room, because I once thought I'd quite like to play bass like Mark King!! And that playing bass must be a lot easier than playing six string - which I'm reasonably competent at. If only I'd known the truth...........

If you are heading in the syncopation and funkiness direction and haven't heard much of Crawford and Pilichowski it's worth checking them out (I'm assuming you've already come across Wooten, Stanley Clarke - in Schooldays improv solo mode). and Armstrong played unbelievable fusion bass lines on Jean Luc Ponty's Enigmatic Ocean album, which is definitely worth checking out.

Good luck with the reading. It's worth it if you have the time and patience.

I'm not familiar with some of those -so I shall go and check them out, thanks. I'm a six string guitarist that has a barely used Status Graphite bass sitting in the corner of the room, because I once thought I'd quite like to play bass like Mark King!! And that playing bass must be a lot easier than playing six string - which I'm reasonably competent at. If only I'd known the truth...........

If you are heading in the syncopation and funkiness direction and haven't heard much of Crawford and Pilichowski it's worth checking them out (I'm assuming you've already come across Wooten, Stanley Clarke - in Schooldays improv solo mode). and Armstrong played unbelievable fusion bass lines on Jean Luc Ponty's Enigmatic Ocean album, which is definitely worth checking out.

Good luck with the reading. It's worth it if you have the time and patience.

Can't say I've listened to either, will check them out. I'm well versed with Wooten and Stanley Clarke though!

I'll check out Enigmatic Ocean too.

With the reading, I think I have the patience, just not sure about the time! But hopefully I'll get there.

How long you been playing guitar for, and what sort of stuff are you into?

Can't say I've listened to either, will check them out. I'm well versed with Wooten and Stanley Clarke though!

I'll check out Enigmatic Ocean too.

With the reading, I think I have the patience, just not sure about the time! But hopefully I'll get there.

How long you been playing guitar for, and what sort of stuff are you into?

I've been playing for nearly 40 years, with varying levels of dedication and practice. I taught for a while, but am a bit too disorganised (and busy) to do that regularly. From a listening perspective I'm into just about everything except for thrash metal, proper punk (apart form Killing Joke/The Damned) and hardcore country and western. From a playing perspective I grew up playing Santana, Led Zep, Blue Oyster Cult, Gary Moore, then got interested in jazz fusion. Favourite guitarists - Guthrie Govan........ and then any of Greg Howe (post-80s shredding), Steve Morse, Daryl Steurmer, Buck Dharma, Carlos Santana, Jimmy Page (when he was younger), Gary Moore, Dominic Miller (Sting's guitarist) and the great Paddy McAloon.

Although I was in bands when younger, the trouble once older with family is finding other musicians to jam with. Although there are some jam groups up in London that I'm thinking of going along to in the new year.

Back