• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GGG...man in a raincoat. Discuss HONESTLY!

What happened with Billy Nick?

He was made a non person by the club and ended up as a scout at West Ham.

And we replaced him with a Gooner called Terry Neil !

I swear this club of ours has had some right idiots in charge when its come to football matters!

Crazy times were the 90s for Spurs where we went from Terry Venables , Ossie Ardiles football, to George Graham As for his appointment by Sugar , it was not only the fact Graham was a gooner but as already said by, Lily White and others in previous posts, it were the awful football served up where our team would struggle to put five passes together and we season ticket holders of the time required neck braces after each game. Sorry, but George Graham would never have done well for us as the game had passed him by and the Wimbledon brand of football was on the way out . The likes of Wenger, Rudd Gullit were now in town and their clubs were leaving us behind.

And by the same token cannot be proud of anything acheived before your birth. I take it club history wasn't a factor in your decision to start supporting the club.

give it a rest. it was a throwaway comment about the George Graham appointment.

What a surprise a thread like this has turned into a pointless argument on the merits of supporting the club.

Give it a rest guys.

should have let GGG take on Arse in the FA semi....imo we'd have won and then beaten GGG's biatches Liverpool (he always seemed to get the better of them) and we'd have been the 2001 FA cup winners.

after that, if Levy wanted to take the club in a different direction and appoint Ghodd then fair play.

thought while GGG was at Spurs, he always gave his all. A G**ner but more than that a very professional guy who demanded success

I disliked GG because of the turgid football his teams played, the Arse connections just made it worse. It was a bad time, best forgotten. A travesty against what Spurs are all about. To dare is to do.

Wasn't he manager when Spurs drew 0-0 with Wednesday (iirc) and neither team had a shot on target?

Well, if you couldn't accept GG as the Spurs maneger due to his Arsenal connection, I bet you cannot accept Gallas and Adebayor as well. With Adebayor being our only other striker apart from Defoe, wonder how you are going to follow Spurs for the rest of the season.

I will always rank GG and Ramos higher than Jol and Redknapp as they won us trophies, albeit in the League Cup. If not for both, we would have no trophy to show for in the last 22 years. I am convinced GG would have made us stronger in the league if he had been at Spurs longer. The only thing I never liked about GG was his treatment of Ginola.

You have missed the point entirely. Gallas and Adebayor were NEVER 'die-hard gooners' they are mercenaries who wore the colours. Thus it was easier to accept their admittedly disturbing arrivals (like them both now).

If you want a reason for being ashamed of your club then appointing Graham pales into insignificance when you consider the way Spurs treated Bill Nicholson.

A very fair point, and Eddie Baily too for that matter, so often the overlooked and lost man in our history. Baily arguably helped establish the template for our style and reputation under "Sir" Arthur Rowe...but I agree with Danners too, a shameful shameful appointment!

What a surprise a thread like this has turned into a pointless argument on the merits of supporting the club.

Give it a rest guys.
No it hasn't, I pointed out a more shameful episode in the club's history. I won't be told to give it a rest by someone who thinks that episode is irrelevant because she wasn't born.

should have let GGG take on Arse in the FA semi....imo we'd have won and then beaten GGG's biatches Liverpool (he always seemed to get the better of them) and we'd have been the 2001 FA cup winners.

after that, if Levy wanted to take the club in a different direction and appoint Ghodd then fair play.

thought while GGG was at Spurs, he always gave his all. A G**ner but more than that a very professional guy who demanded success

If I had been in Levy's shoes the day he took over running the club, my first piece of business would have been personally carrying Graham's belongings outside and leaving them on the side of the street.

The man never had any business whatsoever running our glorious club. Besides his ex-gooner status, the style of football his teams played is the complete opposite of Tottenham-football. Even if he had won numerous trophies, they would have all been tainted. Let's just agree that the situation we find ourselves in now is a million miles from those gloomy, joyless seasons.

George Graham was an arrogant prick who looked down on everyone else and thought he was the gonad*s. He hounded the fans favourite Ginola out the club because he could. Look I'm George Graham this is my club not yours, I'm in charge, I call the shots. That was his attitude.

George Graham was an arrogant prick who looked down on everyone else and thought he was the gonad*s. He hounded the fans favourite Ginola out the club because he could. Look I'm George Graham this is my club not yours, I'm in charge, I call the shots. That was his attitude.

no more arrogant than Mourinho, than Ferguson, than Wenger even. Winners tend to be arrogant barstewards.

I loved Ginola and tbh i thought GGG got a lot out of Ginola for a couple of years, some very memorable moments. Then he decided to sell Daveed at the age of 33. Tbh it was the right time as he was on the way down.

people forget at times we were brick in the 90's. Under Ossie we nearly got relegated in 93-94, yes relegation!! Gerry Francis season in 97-98 started off disastrously, then we had Gross coming in and again only survived relegation with a few games to spare. We were truly crap long before GGG arrived. If anything, he steadied the ship, made us solid, took us away from relegation scraps. He did a job and when his time came to go in 2001 it was the right time, just imo Levy could have waited till the end of the season.

Back