• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG Scouting

On to those in the lower leagues in England or up in Scotland I like all of the following:

1. Isiah Jones. Right wing back for Middlesborough who I think is head and shoulders better than Djed Spence who we have been linked with. Really good going forward and has improved his defending this season. Is a big part of Boro's promotion push

2. Lloyd Kelly - I think he could be a brilliant, reasonably inexpensive way for us to fill our LCB position for years to come, with the added bonus of being an English player and also a very accomplished 4-4-2 left back (which I think is a massive benefit for a Conte 3 at the back system). I suggested that he would be a good signing for us to make back when he was playing at Bristol City, Bournmouth paid £13m for him back then and he wouldn't have been ready for us at the time but was one to bring in and then loan out for a year or two. I would guess that £25m probably gets him now and I think that would be great value for a 23 year old with his level of talent. We don't pay the wages or the transfer fees or have the pull for the really big players so I would love to see us concentrate on this sort of market.

3. Dan Neil. 20 year old central midfield player at Sunderland who has real class on the ball. Is a great dribbler who can go past players with ease from a standing start, has a touch of Gascoigne about him in the way that he plays. Perfect option for a buy and loan back (maybe even an 18 month loan back if Sunderland get promoted)

4. Calvin Ramsay. 19 year old Aberdeen right back who I think will go right to the top. Loads of skill, good pace, good with the ball, good without the ball. The sort of signing we would've made years ago when we were on the up under Jol/Redknapp. £10m would definitely get him and the price would probably be closer to £6m. Would make sense to loan back to Aberdeen for the rest of this season and then loan him to Championship the season after with him then likely being ready for us.

5. Alex Scott. 18 year old at Bristol City. Loads and loads of talent on the ball. Still young and has lots of developing to do, but the talent he has is something that can't really be taught. Another player that you would buy and then loan back, perhaps even for 18 months. Lots of PL scouts have been watching recently so I expect somebody to snap him up this summer.

6. Fabio Carvalho. 19 year old attacking midfielder or wide forward at Fulham who can also play as more of a pure central midfielder (though I think he is better suited further forward). Great numbers in the Championship at Fulham this season (7 goals and 3 assists in 17 games) despite only being 19. It's not just his numbers that impress me though it is his touch, the way that he seems to glide with the ball and that he plays with his head up. He is out of contract this summer (though would command a tribuneral fee) but doing a buy and loan back deal with Fulham now for probably £6 to £10m and perhaps letting them keep him for a year if they get promoted would be a really, really smart thing to do. Another English player as well.

7. Scott Twine. A player that Pleaty has recommended to the club. He is a bit of a late bloomer and is now 22 but has lovely balance, great touch with both feet and is a great striker of the ball. Could be the sort of signing where lots of people go 'who?... why?' but ends up being a really good player. One of the few players that I have seen that I think could be moulded into playing an Eriksen type role. 12 goals and 8 assists from attacking midfield in 26 games for MK Dons this season.

8. Another that the scouts are all raving about (though I can't confess to having seen him play myself) is Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough. Playing centre back in the Championship and looking very accomplished at only 18. Also playing for England under 19s now. Peterborough's chairman has been quoted as saying that they could sell him this summer to make enough money to operate for 3 seasons so it sounds as though he is preparing to sell him. According to a few friends in the game the German clubs are watching him as well as lots of PL clubs.

I've only just heard of him two minutes ago but if we don't buy him this window I want Levy out, and I'm finished with football forever. I'll be in my pram if anyone needs me.

but surely there are no toys in there!

When was the last time we made a successful signing from the lower leagues?

Remember the legend that was Peter Beadle. Signed as one of the replacements for when Lineker left. He was the Frazier Campbell of the time I’d think. Don’t even know if he started any matches.

When was the last time we made a successful signing from the lower leagues?
Tripper from Burnley I expect (though even then they had just been relegated).
Though I think Sessegnon should still be more likely than not to make it.
We also should've had Grealish in the summer 2019 transfer window but fcuked the deal up badly.

The problem is that we haven't really been making many lower league signings....

Only Rodon (who I think we'd still probably get our money back on despite our pretty awful use of him), Clarke and Sessegnon have come in from the lower leagues since Summer 2015.

Tripper from Burnley I expect (though even then they had just been relegated).
Though I think Sessegnon should still be more likely than not to make it.
We also should've had Grealish in the summer 2019 transfer window but fcuked the deal up badly.

The problem is that we haven't really been making many lower league signings....

Only Rodon (who I think we'd still probably get our money back on despite our pretty awful use of him), Clarke and Sessegnon have come in from the lower leagues since Summer 2015.

Trippier had been a Premier league player before we bought him. Ditto Sess. Rodon can’t be regarded as a success at this stage. Only Dele from MK Dons was a success in recent years - and he was a Pleat recommendation.
So , again, when was the last time our scouting department unearthed a player from exclusively the lower leagues that has gone on to be a first team success?

Trippier had been a Premier league player before we bought him. Ditto Sess. Rodon can’t be regarded as a success at this stage. Only Dele from MK Dons was a success in recent years - and he was a Pleat recommendation.
So , again, when was the last time our scouting department unearthed a player from exclusively the lower leagues that has gone on to be a first team success?

Bale maybe?

It’s hard, a lot players have been with PL clubs at youth level and dropped down already, the filter has often already been applied.

Bale maybe?

It’s hard, a lot players have been with PL clubs at youth level and dropped down already, the filter has often already been applied.

Were soton in the championship when we signed him? Can't remeber.

Walker more recent.

Grealish! ;)

We have had little success in this market recently as we have dipped our toe in to this market so infrequently.

On to those in the lower leagues in England or up in Scotland I like all of the following:

1. Isiah Jones. Right wing back for Middlesborough who I think is head and shoulders better than Djed Spence who we have been linked with. Really good going forward and has improved his defending this season. Is a big part of Boro's promotion push

2. Lloyd Kelly - I think he could be a brilliant, reasonably inexpensive way for us to fill our LCB position for years to come, with the added bonus of being an English player and also a very accomplished 4-4-2 left back (which I think is a massive benefit for a Conte 3 at the back system). I suggested that he would be a good signing for us to make back when he was playing at Bristol City, Bournmouth paid £13m for him back then and he wouldn't have been ready for us at the time but was one to bring in and then loan out for a year or two. I would guess that £25m probably gets him now and I think that would be great value for a 23 year old with his level of talent. We don't pay the wages or the transfer fees or have the pull for the really big players so I would love to see us concentrate on this sort of market.

3. Dan Neil. 20 year old central midfield player at Sunderland who has real class on the ball. Is a great dribbler who can go past players with ease from a standing start, has a touch of Gascoigne about him in the way that he plays. Perfect option for a buy and loan back (maybe even an 18 month loan back if Sunderland get promoted)

4. Calvin Ramsay. 19 year old Aberdeen right back who I think will go right to the top. Loads of skill, good pace, good with the ball, good without the ball. The sort of signing we would've made years ago when we were on the up under Jol/Redknapp. £10m would definitely get him and the price would probably be closer to £6m. Would make sense to loan back to Aberdeen for the rest of this season and then loan him to Championship the season after with him then likely being ready for us.

5. Alex Scott. 18 year old at Bristol City. Loads and loads of talent on the ball. Still young and has lots of developing to do, but the talent he has is something that can't really be taught. Another player that you would buy and then loan back, perhaps even for 18 months. Lots of PL scouts have been watching recently so I expect somebody to snap him up this summer.

6. Fabio Carvalho. 19 year old attacking midfielder or wide forward at Fulham who can also play as more of a pure central midfielder (though I think he is better suited further forward). Great numbers in the Championship at Fulham this season (7 goals and 3 assists in 17 games) despite only being 19. It's not just his numbers that impress me though it is his touch, the way that he seems to glide with the ball and that he plays with his head up. He is out of contract this summer (though would command a tribuneral fee) but doing a buy and loan back deal with Fulham now for probably £6 to £10m and perhaps letting them keep him for a year if they get promoted would be a really, really smart thing to do. Another English player as well.

7. Scott Twine. A player that Pleaty has recommended to the club. He is a bit of a late bloomer and is now 22 but has lovely balance, great touch with both feet and is a great striker of the ball. Could be the sort of signing where lots of people go 'who?... why?' but ends up being a really good player. One of the few players that I have seen that I think could be moulded into playing an Eriksen type role. 12 goals and 8 assists from attacking midfield in 26 games for MK Dons this season.

8. Another that the scouts are all raving about (though I can't confess to having seen him play myself) is Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough. Playing centre back in the Championship and looking very accomplished at only 18. Also playing for England under 19s now. Peterborough's chairman has been quoted as saying that they could sell him this summer to make enough money to operate for 3 seasons so it sounds as though he is preparing to sell him. According to a few friends in the game the German clubs are watching him as well as lots of PL clubs.
Great knowledge Fincent.
I guess we are in that awkward position of pushing for top4, so none of those players would be good enough for a few years, by which time they have withered on the vine like Clarke or Sess or Gil, sitting on the bench, so need a loan as you state, but don't have an impact for THIS manager for a few years which is too late for him. So they go to Palace or Brighton and work out the kinks and make mistakes and learn the Prem and then Spurs have to pay that premium for them.

PS - remember we were knocked out of UEFA by some rubbish Eastern European team when their full back blasted in a goal or three, who was that player?
PPS - remember Rennes gave us a serious game and have also done well in Ligue 1, they must have some decent players? There are loads of good players out there, the next diamonds are waiting for us to pluck but we don't have time to grow them.

Really like Lloyd Kelly.

Twine locally is one they all think will step up nicely like a certain player at Lestah

carvlaho really could be anything but one that all top clubs should be over

Ramsey is one my ex Scottish colleagues compare to a left back at Liverpool… and I’ll add they dont rate the one at sure so that highly

Both Carvalho and Edwards would be good pick ups, worth diving in now for them and loaning them back till the end of the season.

Both Carvalho and Edwards would be good pick ups, worth diving in now for them and loaning them back till the end of the season.
Just read that Liverpool are close to signing Carvalho for £6m with Fulham requesting he is loaned back for the rest of the season…. I would love us to jump in here and see if we could persuade him (staying in London could be a pull). Liverpool will be getting one of the most talented English u20 players here for a pretty tiny fee.

Just read that Liverpool are close to signing Carvalho for £6m with Fulham requesting he is loaned back for the rest of the season…. I would love us to jump in here and see if we could persuade him (staying in London could be a pull). Liverpool will be getting one of the most talented English u20 players here for a pretty tiny fee.

Won't be leaving now. Fulham will come up and i think he'll stay for a season. Fulham won't want to sell him.

Back