• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I'd like to think that AVB has a better connection to the players than Redknapp, simply because he is of a similar generation. Surely he must be able to relate to them better?

Or maybe because he is more involved with them personally during practice sessions? 'Arry did seem to just let them play rather than actually coaching them.

This isn't a who's better contest. Messi and Ronaldo are worlds apart. I would not swap Bale for either though. Not a chance.

Or maybe because he is more involved with them personally during practice sessions? 'Arry did seem to just let them play rather than actually coaching them.

I think it's more likely a generation thing. Fergie doesn't do the training at Utd either apparently. A younger manager, especially one who has only really been involved in the sport since there has been loads of money around, is going to be able to relate to the players better. Or at least should be able to.

That said, I DO remember players running over to Redknapp also. It doesn't really mean much in my opinion, it's a bit like the badge kissing and players who can't stand each other hugging each other during goal celebrations. Funniest one I remember was Dean Austin launching himself at Gerry Francis, almost knocking Francis over and Francis giving him a gonad*ing and telling him to get back into position :lol:

Well until Bale scores 40+ goals a season every year, the comparison looks a bit OTT to me.

Exactly. Ronaldo and Messi do this over a full 60 game season, in the run of the mill games and the biggest games and have done it consistently for season after season.

Bale is starting to show signs he can perhaps start doing something similar but until he has done what the other 2 are doing, such comparisons are definitely OTT>

It is easy to forget for example that Messi is actually only 2 years older than Bale.

Anyway, loving watching him play at the moment. It is excellent.

Well until Bale scores 40+ goals a season every year, the comparison looks a bit OTT to me.

Ronaldo was nurtured in a side that had Scholes, Giggs, Keane, RVN, should I continue? Bale is extraordinary and very close to Ronaldo. If he had played with the quality Ronaldo had from the age of 17, well, he'd be better!

To me, Ronaldo has a lot better first touch than Bale. There were a few times today where first touch let him down.

My post read "compare their goals from the last month". If you do that, you will see that Bale has been scoring goals of a very similar nature to the ones Ronaldo has been scoring during the same period. So in that respect, would you not agree that over the past month or two, Bale has been playing to a similar level as Ronaldo?

My post read "compare their goals from the last month". If you do that, you will see that Bale has been scoring goals of a very similar nature to the ones Ronaldo has been scoring during the same period. So in that respect, would you not agree that over the past month or two, Bale has been playing to a similar level as Ronaldo?

Over the course of the last month? Absolutely. But you've got to do it longer than that to be compared to Messi and Ronaldo. I'm not saying he can't reach those heights consistently, in fact, it looks highly unlikely he won't, but those two players have been phenomal for about 5 years now and have won Champions Leagues, league titles, won golden boots and World players of the years awards.

fudge me this isn't a Bale vs Messi vs Ronaldo debate....I just would not swap what Bale is currently doing for us for anyone. Who are the better players is not in question!

Over the course of the last month? Absolutely. But you've got to do it longer than that to be compared to Messi and Ronaldo. I'm not saying he can't reach those heights consistently, in fact, it looks highly unlikely he won't, but those two players have been phenomal for about 5 years now and have won Champions Leagues, league titles, won golden boots and World players of the years awards.

Agree but you have to start somewhere and as of right now, I would state that currently he is at or very nearly as good as Ronaldo. Only time will tell mind you

That said, I DO remember players running over to Redknapp also. It doesn't really mean much in my opinion, it's a bit like the badge kissing and players who can't stand each other hugging each other during goal celebrations. Funniest one I remember was Dean Austin launching himself at Gerry Francis, almost knocking Francis over and Francis giving him a gonad*ing and telling him to get back into position :lol:

I'm trying hard to erase the come-celebrate-with-me-shenanigans at Chelsea out of my mind. :lol:

Back