• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Barnett will earn £5m over the life of the contract according to the Today Programme

He's a scumbag. I hope it all comes out one day...suggesting Levy 'kept his promise' when the truth is, someone else didn't keep theirs...I'm telling you, those two are going to end up at war having been friends.

As for Bale...sad...but now I can genuinely say I have vented my sadness and just want him and his prick business management as far away from our stadium as possible...

I'm sad to see Bale go but had assumed it was done deal as soon as the world record fee became widely reported. Fortunately with this money we have revamped the squad and have an opportunity to be better if AVB can find the right combinations of eleven. I'm quietly confident he can.

Bale was always likely to leave next year, if not this year, and it could have been a lot worse. He hasn't gone to Chelsea or United. We weren't forced to accept 40-50m after a summer of public confrontation and the player refusing to play (only getting £30m for Modric was annoying as he was worth more than that to us). There was no major distraction over the first few games leaving us behind before we got started like the last two seasons. And we have replaced him as well as can be reasonably expected.

The announcement coming on a day we lost the NLD also sours the moment (I suppose the plan was to announce it after a famous win). I hoping that loss will persuade Wenger that he has the players he needs, as if he signed Ozil it would take away a lot of the positives from this window and make it more difficult to displace them.

Last edited:
Gareth Bale ‏@GarethBale11 47m
To all the Spurs fans, your support the last 6 years has been incredible and I'll never forget it, thank you #COYS

And we'll never forget how you manipulated your own move and sulked until you got it. #unfollow

Got a feeling this deal,most probably between agent and RM was set up over a year ago,when it came out after we sold Modric saying we've set up a special relationship with RM,this was the green light for the agent to start talking to RM on the quiet.

I presume thats why Bales form took off then knowing RM was instered in him(I wonder if he had Ronaldo posters stuck up on his bedroom wall,i think so) so he took it on himself to start performing big style,before then he hadn't start scoring like he did with long range efforts every other game. You got to rememember he popped up to old trafford in march to see man ure and real madrid,why would he go up there personally to see the game,he could have watched it on tv,i presume zidane wanted a quiet word with him saying to bale,'your performing well and the deal is still on,see you in August/September.

He won't come back to us i be amazed if he did,his statement was done by his agent to make everyone feel loved,it was the same when linerker,waddle, and gazza left,they all said the same but never returned.

Gutted he left being a welsh person i loved someone playing from wales with our club,gave us some identity,but hey ho onwards and upwards as they say,club will carry on, time for the club to find the next bale now.

Really annoyed and disappointed we couldn't keep Bale. Don't know how long it will take for us to nurture another world class player like him. And don't know how long it will take for us to actually replace him with better players. Just feel like Levy didn't do enough to make Bale stay.

[video=youtube_share;ekzHIouo8Q4]http://youtu.be/ekzHIouo8Q4[/video]

crying-gif-2_zps8078ab18.gif

Re: Gareth Bale

I'd love it if Levy put in a bid for £50m just before 10.30pm, and when it's rejected make it very public that that was all he though he was worth and anything over that is paying waaaaaaaay over the odds

_69596521_garethbaleticket.jpg
_69595032_garethbale.jpg
_69596525_realmadridstage.jpg
"Thousands of Real Madrid fans are already inside the Bernabeu ahead of the unveiling of Gareth Bale. Here's the podium from which the Welshman will be expected to make a speech to the masses in around an hour's time."

Steve Claridge assesses the qualities of young Southampton and Wales wing-back Gareth Bale

He is much more exposed offensively in this position [wing-back] as he does not possess the ability to go past his opponent at will. He prefers to stick to the limits of his game: it is a good sign when a player understands his own capabilities. He played too deep for most of this match as wing-back but was able to get away with it because Wales relied on the pace of Craig Bellamy and Robert Earnshaw over the top, negating the need for real width.

A lot has been made of Bale because he is so young but what must be remembered is he is a left-back, not another Ryan Giggs. Even at this early age I'm not sure he's the type of player who has the ability going forward to be a worldbeater, but he's on the path to being a fantastic defender. Because he is left-footed he has a great advantage. He is going to have a long and successful career sticking to what he can rather than what he cannot do.

Full report: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/oct/17/southampton

:lol:

Actually if you read the full report, it's not so bad, but the conclusing remarks are unfortunate.

At the end of the day Bale is no Campbell, he didn't leave us under a Bosman. He had signed a new contract with us and no doubt he's the best investment Levy had made since he became chairman. So good luck to Bale, fantastic player, he's a good fella and he gave his all to this club. Fair play.

Last edited:
Their underhand tactics in securing players is appalling - but boy do they know how to unveil a player!

Back