• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

TRANSFER SPECULATION

It is the opening day of the Premier League season but the summer of speculation is set to continue until transfer deadline day - and beyond - with the future of Tottenham forward Gareth Bale one of the hottest cakes around.

This just in from Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti, who is apparently happy enough with his mega squad.

"I'm very happy with the squad. We don't need any more players," he said this morning. With no hint of a smile.

Is that the end of Real's Bale pursuit?

I really have had enough of this saga. We need to start putting deadlines on deals like Dortmund did with Lewandowski. If he's going to go, then just go now.

I really have had enough of this saga. We need to start putting deadlines on deals like Dortmund did with Lewandowski. If he's going to go, then just go now.

How do you know we haven't done this?

This 'saga' is currently being driven by the press.

Have THFC commented? Only early doors to say he wasn't for sale then later to say that there was nothing more to add.
Has Bale commented? No
Have R. Madrid commented? Well their last comment was a few weeks ago when Perez said he through our price was too high.

For all you know Spurs have said that if he is still a Spurs player by the time the BPL kicks off then he aint going. We don't know anything.

How do you know we haven't done this?

This 'saga' is currently being driven by the press.

Have THFC commented? Only early doors to say he wasn't for sale then later to say that there was nothing more to add.
Has Bale commented? No
Have R. Madrid commented? Well their last comment was a few weeks ago when Perez said he through our price was too high.

For all you know Spurs have said that if he is still a Spurs player by the time the BPL kicks off then he aint going. We don't know anything.

We will see won't we. Wouldn't be shocked if Bale as if by magic suddenly regains his fitness as soon as the window closes and either plays for Madrid or for Spurs.

All he is saying is, I don't need Bale. That is welcome! I'm sure what it really means in, I would like Bale but can do without. RM are calling Levy's bluff, or is it a bluff? In other words, do we need to sell to balance the books, or not?

Spurs seem to be saying, we don't need or want to sell. Therefore if you want him you'll have to pay 90 odd million. Don't pay it, we keep Bale.

It will all play out. In the mean time, just focus on our current cracking team. It is in good hands - as mentioned Levy has been here before and knows what he's doing. Either way Spurs will be allright.

If these comments are recent (ie last couple days) then it ends all those comments from various people on here saying that a deal has already been done

There has been no deal done, it would have been impossiable to have kept it quite and away from the media.

There has been no deal done, it would have been impossiable to have kept it quite and away from the media.

And why would they continue their tapping up shenanigans if they've already got the player? Everything happening at the moment says NO DEAL.

Can't see Villa winning this. Only 3 mins in, so you never know. But arse look comfortable in possession. Not dissimilar to Pool really. Good passing team, potential to be shaky at the back, not clinical enough up front?

We'll see...

Edit: Opps wrong thread )

Yes yes Bale to stay!!

I know he did and thats when Rooney came out and said he did not.

Well depends who you believe I guess. I sense Rooney wouldn't want to be seen as handing in another transfer request in the space of 2 or 3 years. Some United fans still haven't forgiven him for the first time he did it.

And why would they continue their tapping up shenanigans if they've already got the player? Everything happening at the moment says NO DEAL.

But have they continued the tapping up shenanigans?

Last year when after Modric, the stories in Marca were relentless, a couple a day, sometimes three or four. Madrid players were queuing up to comment, half of Croatia was interviewed, and Levy and Modric were at it in the MMA cage. This began to happen when the world record bid story broke but it has subsided. If Real want them to keep the propaganda flowing, Marca are not going to be put off by lack of real news to report. But they are a newspaper and even if Real call off their tapping up campaign, Marca have to publish some stories.

So I think that the most likely explanation is that we have reached a deal in broad terms, which is why everything is quiet and no one seems particularly bothered. Real have called off their dog, apart from an occasional bark, Bale is relaxed about his future, and we have been spending the money.

P.S. The best thing with this belief is that I'm fairly relaxed about Bale leaving. If there is no deal and he stays, I think I will be able to cope with it.

Last edited:

Just this past week we've seen Isco say how much he wants him to join, there's Calderon's comments in addition to everyone else, not even remotely connected to Real, Spurs or Bale, that some papers have dug up for their opinion.

Perez' and Ancelotti's comments about 'not really needing Bale' I see as an attempt to pressure him into making a move.

And of course there's the "Wales insider" who knows how bitter and confused Bale is and how he'll 'never put on a Spurs shirt again'.

Can't see Villa winning this. Only 3 mins in, so you never know. But arse look comfortable in possession. Not dissimilar to Pool really. Good passing team, potential to be shaky at the back, not clinical enough up front?

We'll see...

Yes yes Bale to stay!!

Good one!

:-"

We'll see...

Yes yes Bale to stay!!

Hope you realise you need to now do this every time the goons play :D

Just read comments that allegedly bale is furious that avb commented that bale doesn't talk to the club. Another wind up or faux pas by avb ?

Back