• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Does anybody REALLY believe that Madrid will stump up £100M for Bale?

They have an income of over 512m euros a year.
100 is worth a lot less to them than to us a club that brings in £144m a year.

Back in 2009 when they bought Ronaldo and Kaka in the same transfer window for 148.5m euros their last reported income was 365.8m!

If you crunch the numbers i think MAdrid can afford to pay well over 100m for him towards a fee Levy will be happy with.

Back in 2009 when they bought Ronaldo and Kaka in the same transfer window for 148.5m euros their last reported income was 365.8m!

If you crunch the numbers i think MAdrid can afford to pay well over 100m for him towards a fee Levy will be happy with.

Ok, fair points. But then why not pay half that for Cavani, who is perhaps more proven (and also more of what they need)? Also aren't RM more than 500M in the red?

It's a similar thing with Arsenal not wanting to pay 2/3 M extra for Higuain but then making a bid of 42.5M for Suarez.

Either issues make no financial, logical or footballing sense.

Ok, fair points. But then why not pay half that for Cavani, who is perhaps more proven (and also more of what they need)? Also aren't RM more than 500M in the red?

It's a similar thing with Arsenal not wanting to pay 2/3 M extra for Higuain but then making a bid of 42.5M for Suarez.

Either issues make no financial, logical or footballing sense.

Why would Cavani be more what they need?

Isn't it generally accepted that Di Maria has been found not quite good enough at Real and that they want an upgrade. Meanwhile Benzema has actually proven himself to be a very good player, they still need another striker, especially after selling Higuain, but not anywhere near as much as they need an upgrade on Di Maria and a potential long term Ronaldo replacement if he does decide to go elsewhere in the relative near future.

And I don't think Cavani is more proven either.

Revenue is very different from their actual transfer budget. Yeah their revenues far exceed ours but im sure their debt also far exceeds ours which reduces their transfer budget. They are betting that Bale will improve thus increasing his value as a brand and he brings back that 100m in merchandise sales etc.

Either that or theyre getting rid of Ronaldo and need Bale as a replacement and he is the next best thing.

Why would Cavani be more what they need?

Isn't it generally accepted that Di Maria has been found not quite good enough at Real and that they want an upgrade. Meanwhile Benzema has actually proven himself to be a very good player, they still need another striker, especially after selling Higuain, but not anywhere near as much as they need an upgrade on Di Maria and a potential long term Ronaldo replacement if he does decide to go elsewhere in the relative near future.

And I don't think Cavani is more proven either.

What I meant by 'more proven' is that Cavani has played in a top 2/3 side and scored gaols regularly. Was very potent for them in the recent CL campaign as well. Can play a lone role and good with his back to goal, link up play etc. His buy-out clause was crazy imo, but not only Real were interested. Di Maria's position is not that crucial to Real when you consider the vast talent they have. A forward is more crucial though.

More importantly, surely if you are going to break such a price barrier you would do it on player who is much more proven then Bale, no?

Whilst their pursuit of Bale is understandable, is he really that crucial to their plans that they'd break the all-time record for him at this time? With their debts as well? Remember he has played one CL season and was on the EL last two years.

Also, you could buy, say, Mata and Suarez for that money.

Tbh, it could even be that this pursuit is to make Ronaldo know that life goes on at RM with or without him.
Perhaps the pursuit is partly to make Ronaldo sign the contract extenion and seek the live again (love and recognition are what he craves more than anything imo)

"Oh and Ron, you aint the world's most expensive anymore, can you deal with that eh?"

What I meant by 'more proven' is that Cavani has played in a top 2/3 side and scored gaols regularly. Was very potent for them in the recent CL campaign as well. Can play a lone role and good with his back to goal, link up play etc. His buy-out clause was crazy imo, but not only Real were interested. Di Maria's position is not that crucial to Real when you consider the vast talent they have. A forward is more crucial though.

More importantly, surely if you are going to break such a price barrier you would do it on player who is much more proven then Bale, no?

Whilst their pursuit of Bale is understandable, is he really that crucial to their plans that they'd break the all-time record for him at this time? With their debts as well? Remember he has played one CL season and was on the EL last two years.

Also, you could buy, say, Mata and Suarez for that money.

Would you have swapped Bale for Cavani? Remembering that we were much more desperate for a striker than Real Madrid...

Would you have swapped Bale for Cavani? Remembering that we were much more desperate for a striker than Real Madrid...

Personally I wouldn't no. But the point is the difference in price and we don't have CL or Madrid's money, however over-bloated they are portraying it to be.
Also we are not in the position of Madrid squad or stage of development wise.

I still find it hard to believe that Madrid would break the record for Bale and not Neymar, Cavani or even Falcao (imagine Atletico turning down 100M for him..)

Personally I wouldn't no. But the point is the difference in price and we don't have CL or Madrid's money, however over-bloated they are portraying it to be.
Also we are not in the position of Madrid squad or stage of development wise.

I still find it hard to believe that Madrid would break the record for Bale and not Neymar, Cavani or even Falcao (imagine Atletico turning down 100M for him..)

Good point but I'm not sure Madrid see Bale as a striker. I reckon he'll end up on the left with Ronaldo on the right, swapping in a more dangerous version of Bale and Lennon. Benzema is not going to get dropped for Bale.

It's funny how 2 days ago I was mentioning Morata and Rodriguez as sweeteners in any deal now its all over the press about Morata. It does fuel the feeling that newspapers are trawling Internet sites though for stories to run.

As for wanting Bale to succeed or not, how can one support a team that includes Bale when hey have acted in such a ****ish way. I hope the Spanish banks call in there debt, I hope the Spanish taxman.. fudges them sideways.. I hope that Real Madrid never wins another fudging game. I used to be a Madrid fan.. over the sickly tiki tacki brick from Barca, but right now I really hate Madrid, mainly because another bit of football will die for me with what's has happened this past week. Lastly I hope Zidane's sister get Herpes and absolutely lastly... long live Gibraltar.. fudge you Spain.

Bankrolled by General Franco and fascist money, I could never support that shower of sh#t. They have always been stains on the world of football.

It's funny how 2 days ago I was mentioning Morata and Rodriguez as sweeteners in any deal now its all over the press about Morata. It does fuel the feeling that newspapers are trawling Internet sites though for stories to run.

As for wanting Bale to succeed or not, how can one support a team that includes Bale when hey have acted in such a ****ish way. I hope the Spanish banks call in there debt, I hope the Spanish taxman.. fudges them sideways.. I hope that Real Madrid never wins another fudging game. I used to be a Madrid fan.. over the sickly tiki tacki brick from Barca, but right now I really hate Madrid, mainly because another bit of football will die for me with what's has happened this past week. Lastly I hope Zidane's sister get Herpes and absolutely lastly... long live Gibraltar.. fudge you Spain.

Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Bankrolled by General Franco and fascist money, I could never support that shower of sh#t. They have always been stains on the world of football.

Taking the politics out of it though......:lol:

Seriously much better team to watch than Barca. But no longer.

No better than bloody Chelsea in my eyes now.

SSN confirm than Madrid are in talks with Spurs for Bale...

How is this a story, im sure Madrid have been in talks with us over him for months now, total non-story again...

BREAKING NEWS - I can confirm that im in talks with the man from the cafe over the sale of a sausage roll

SSN confirm than Madrid are in talks with Spurs for Bale...

How is this a story, im sure Madrid have been in talks with us over him for months now, total non-story again...

BREAKING NEWS - I can confirm that im in talks with the man from the cafe over the sale of a sausage roll

just make sure he doesn't try and include a sell-on clause...good luck.

Classic case of big fish getting eaten by even bigger fish. That's a lot of dosh, and will weaken us immeasurably. When it goes through what set up will AVB go for ?

Back