• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

For what's it worth, there was a discussion about Bale on Revista.

Balague said that Real are definitely keen on Bale and discussions have taken place between Real and Bale's team. He explained that Real were told that Bale won't push for a move, so Real will have to negotiate with Spurs. The figure discussed was 80 million - although I don't recall if that was Pounds or Euros.

most likely euro's dunno what that equates to in sterling though??????

I think I accept that he's going it will somehow be less painful when it happens......lol it will still hurt like hell.

and then its down to how we re-invest.......mind you Townsend looked very promising at qpr.........if Bale does go then it could be the making of him.

I pray Bale stays but at the moment if I had to guess I would say he wont be here come sep 1st.....hope im wrong.

For me if we keep Bale, sell some squad players and have a £15m net spend this summer thus allowing AVB to spend £30m on new players without losing any important first team players I think we're almost certain to improve next season.

If we sell Bale we'll be looking at spending £70-80m I guess, that would mean a lot of new players bedding in again and it would mean that we would depend on some of our big name signings to make an immediate impact just to stay at the same level as last season. To improve we would depend on several of them doing well.

I don't think Bale's value will decrease significantly in a year. We might not get silly money if a club is willing to offer that this season, but he will still be a massively expensive player if someone wants to buy him next summer too.

I will be disappointed almost regardless of what we sell him for. I honestly feel that only a Ronaldo-esque offer would be worth listening to.

Thing is can we realistically expect another season from him quite like the last? I have a notion that he has just completed a purple patch so he may be due a more run-of-the-mill spell that could affect his value. These things come in waves - look at Rooney, once considered among the best on the planet but now? H'mm.

On top of which there's always the risk of serious injury or complete loss of form. I can see Levy accepting a £50m+ bid plus player exchange (Modric anyone?) on the last day of the season.

Thing is can we realistically expect another season from him quite like the last? I have a notion that he has just completed a purple patch so he may be due a more run-of-the-mill spell that could affect his value. These things come in waves - look at Rooney, once considered among the best on the planet but now? H'mm.

On top of which there's always the risk of serious injury or complete loss of form. I can see Levy accepting a £50m+ bid plus player exchange (Modric anyone?) on the last day of the season.

Worrying about a player getting injured would mean the collapse of the transfer market.

Bale will only get better at this club. He is not ready for Spain.

For me if we keep Bale, sell some squad players and have a £15m net spend this summer thus allowing AVB to spend £30m on new players without losing any important first team players I think we're almost certain to improve next season.

SO in essence you are insinuating that we only have £15m to spend on players at the moment, well if that is true then we can no longer claim to be a big club. We basically did nothing in January so how come we never ever seem to have any serious money even though we have finished no lower than 5th in the last 5 seasons, and at no time have we really splashed out on signings?

I do not get why so many people seem to think we should sell just because Madrid want our best player, I say fudge 'em.

SO in essence you are insinuating that we only have £15m to spend on players at the moment, well if that is true then we can no longer claim to be a big club. We basically did nothing in January so how come we never ever seem to have any serious money even though we have finished no lower than 5th in the last 5 seasons, and at no time have we really splashed out on signings?

I don't quite get what you're asking or what your point is...

We've seen several years that we haven't had a big net spend and still been around break even when the financial reports have been released. I don't know the reasons why. Stadium work? Training ground? More expenses than people think? Regardless of the reasons those are the simple facts, I see no reason to think that this will have changed much so I don't think we will have money saved up from this season to spend in the summer. There will be some added TV revenue though thus my cautious optimism that we will see a spend thereabouts this summer.

A £15m net spend is not at all insignificant, not sure why that would impact our claim to be a big club. The media have reported the total net spend over the last 5 seasons recently, partly to highlight how much money Pulis actually spent. Only Chelsea and City average a bigger net spend than £15m, to say that we must spend more than that to be able to claim to be a big club seems a bit silly to me.

The club has net debts of around £70m which admittedly we seem to be servicing well enough but it surely has to come into it. Also big fees mean big wages.

We don't want to turn into another Leeds.

I do not get why so many people seem to think we should sell just because Madrid want our best player, I say fudge 'em.

I agree with your sentiments......

its all down to Bale.......

if he intimates he wants to join Madrid then we are the ones who are fooked........ a long drawn out saga wont help us.

If he wants to go then I wont blame him he would go with my eternal gratitude.

Its not just a case of saying swivel to madrid on one hand the cash could be massive in terms of a stadium and generating revenue so we can compete in the future...on the other hand if he says he wants to go why should we complain........lets be honest a player of his ilk should be playing right at the top level. he almost got us 4th.....he is on a different level compared to the rest of our squad.

If bale wants to compete for titles in spain and ucl footie then he deserves to and hopefully we benefit in terms of cash.

even finishing 4th i would still think the same.....quite simply he has outgrown us.....or rather we havent grown as fast as he has.

if we get another season out of him it will be spurs signing of the century.

Last edited:

Isco has already said he has an offer from City and would like to play for Pellegrini his "football dad" again..

oh well another of my players for spurs wishes bites the dust.......

Isco is amazing have watched him alot ......technically immense......damn Emirates Marketing Project.

Real Madrid are upping the ante now.

MARCA has an interview with Bales agent Jonathan Barnett on their website now.

He says that:

- They have not spoken to Spurs about a new contract

- That Real Madrid need to talk to Tottenham, but that Bale and him are open to negotiations with RM

- That he does not know whether RM has already made an offer

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/29/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1369781276.html

I guess the best news about the interview is the fact that he does not state that Bale is desperate for the move to happen and that Bale/Barnett will not put pressure on for the move to happen.

Also surprised that Levy has not offered Bale a new contract yet.

Do we know if this is even a real interview or just made up? And if it is, what are the odds they've done some editing of the answers to suit their agenda?

Guillem Balague is everywhere we look this morning. Perhaps the biggest story of the morning is a Suarez desire to leave Liverpool as soon as possible, and that's another Balague claim. His Twitter mentions should be something of a riot today because he's managed to get a half naked Gareth Bale of the cover of Diario AS and has published a full page of reasons why Bale could be going to Madrid, problems in the way, and the amount he will cost.

The journalist claims that the only things holding negotiations back at the moment is the fact that Andre Villas Boas and Gareth Bale are on holiday and that neither wish any potential move from real Madrid to get in the way of that. This is why he goes on to explain that the 'saga' could last the entire transfer window with Madrid having to pay a whopping €90m to get their man in the end.

We have our doubts. Firstly, we reckon both men would let the move interrupt their holidays and at least be interested in what was happening, hoping to get a resolution to the situation before they went on the beach. In the case of Villas Boas it would give him time to look at other targets. For Bale he could house-hunt etc and get used to the idea of becoming a Galatico. Secondly, Balague says Madrid were willing to pay €150m for Neymar (which we don't believe) and could now split that between Suarez (€40m), Isco (€35m) and could now use the remainder (€75m) to buy Gareth Bale. At Balague's claim of €90m, we're missing the small matter of €15m somewhere here.

It's also claimed that Bale's agents have rescheduled a meeting they were due to have with the club this week for next month, because they too have decided to go on holiday. That, again, just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Real Madrid are concerned about price because Bale has refused to 'do a Modric' and try and bring his price down through protest. Bale may move to Madrid, this season or another, but there's so much in this that we simply cannot buy.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/balague-real-madrid-to-pay-tottenham-90m-for-bale-but-his-agent-i

Real Madrid have given Tottenham a deadline to accept their bid for Gareth Bale, suggesting they may withdraw a significant bid if a deal is not reached in the coming weeks. The Daily Star reports Spurs have until June 15 to accept a mammoth £60 million offer for the 23-year-old as president Florentino Perez looks to recover from the club's failure to sign Barcelona-bound Neymar. It is believed Bale would suit Real's on and off field needs and Los Blancos are prepared to match the £130,000-a-week wages being offered by the north London club. If the Bale bid fails, Real will turn their attention to Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, although the Uruguayan is unlikely to leave Anfield.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/5892?&cc=5739

This is starting to look bad.

What is starting to look like is the typical manoeuvring of Real Madrid and their chosen media outlets like AS and Marca when they're interested in a player.

First we get Real players, staff and ex-players/staff/managers/directors all saying how X player would fit in so well at Madrid.

It's all about getting that player to start visualising themselves playing for Madrid. The hope is that the player becomes fixated on a move and pretty much forces it through by acting like a prick.

Then you get the press phoning up the players agent, bombarding him with questions - "would X player want to play for Madrid? Have Madrid bid? Are you talking to the club about a new contract?"

This will continue all summer and again is a tactic of bombarding the selling club and targeted player, building a momentum to try and force through a move.

Meanwhile, Real sit out all of this doing f-all. When they feel the time is right, they will put in an offer, hoping all the ground-work will have weakened the selling clubs hands.

What we do have in this case, however, is that even in the interview, it appears that Jonathan Barnett has been very dimplomatic, but he has firmly stated there is a contract for 3 years and they can't talk to any club about Bale.

It doesn't look like he is going to push for a move at this time. As long as that remains the case, all of this is hot air and the ball is firmly in Levy's court.

At the end of the day, i'm sure Bale has thought about playing for Madrid/Barca. I'm sure he'd be interested in what they have to say if it came to that. We'd be deluding ourselves if we didn't think so.

What i'm surprised at is that despite what the ITKs and press have said, there is no contract offer from Spurs (not that surprising to me as he signed a new deal extension last summer).

Was inevitable that we'd get something like this unless he penned a new deal straight away. Only thing that can at least temporarily halt this is for Spurs to announce a contract extension for Bale.

Back