• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

i haven't heard anyone say he doesn't show up in the big games

not Spurs fans, but it happens ALL the time. It happened after the Man Utd game when he hardly done anything. In fact it was being said during the Emirates Marketing Project game at home when he done nothing and then he provided us with a great 15 minutes and then repeated again at Chelsea away where again he didn't do much.

"Come to that, maybe not even in their entire careers. "

why did you leave out that part if you dont mind me asking?

plus i still think ginola scored a wide range of goals, long shots, tap ins, dribbling through people etc...in one season

African, I was referring to entire Tottenham careers only, not life-time. In terms of spectacular goals, Bale probably has some way to go to emulate Ginola's entire career, but not his stint at Tottenham (where I was able to witness them for myself). Ginola scored a grand total of 22 goals for Spurs in his entire spell with us, but never more than nine in any one season. Looking through that video of all Bale's goals last season i'd say at least 11 of his Spurs goals could be described as spectacular. A further half dozen were at least excellent.

So I mooted, did Ginola or any other Spurs player score more goals that could be described as spectacular in his entire Spurs career than Bale did last season alone?

Back to you.

Last edited:

African, I was referring to entire Tottenham careers only, not life-time. In terms of spectacular goals, Bale probably has some way to go to emulate Ginola's entire career, but not his stint at Tottenham (where I was able to witness them for myself). Ginola scored a grand total of 22 goals for Spurs in his entire spell with us, but never more than nine in any one season. Looking through that video of all Bale's goals last season i'd say at least 11 of his Spurs goals could be described as spectacular. A further half dozen were at least excellent.

So I mooted, did Ginola or any other Spurs player score more goals that could be described as spectacular in his entire Spurs career than Bale did last season alone?

Back to you.

The closest would've been Hoddle...Forest & Man U angle-volleys from the edge of the box, Watford away delicious turn and chip, Watford home last ever match for us t the Lane and 'that' goal against Oxford, debut goal at Stoke, rifled 30 yard screamer at Anfield, Chelsea Cup QF...those are just off the top of my head from games I saw. What would be scary if is if the two had been in the SAME SIDE! :eek: Glennda is my favorite all-time Spur, But I think Bale is just incredible too...

this was like, ok, you me - mano a mano.

ibmU8346AbLNdD.gif

this one is better, a little tease at the start from a complete standstill..

8755021238_43dc61be9f_o.gif

simply a player at the top of his game.

Last edited:

controversy of the season? a blatant penalty if you ever saw one. who'd know what would happened in the arse-toon game if we were leading first.
BKo8-siCEAAea3a.jpg

The closest would've been Hoddle...Forest & Man U angle-volleys from the edge of the box, Watford away delicious turn and chip, Watford home last ever match for us t the Lane and 'that' goal against Oxford, debut goal at Stoke, rifled 30 yard screamer at Anfield, Chelsea Cup QF...those are just off the top of my head from games I saw. What would be scary if is if the two had been in the SAME SIDE! :eek: Glennda is my favorite all-time Spur, But I think Bale is just incredible too...

same for me, hoddle more elegant and just poetic to watch. lots of chipped goals to top corner, beautifully weighted passes. he just seemed so cool and just playing a different game from everyone else.

not sure if that's only possible from that era of football where it seemed there was more room to play. right now bale is as unstoppable as you get in the modern game.

regarding the tapping up - which club wouldn't want a player who can score consistently from outside the penalty box. just have to get used to it and let the contracts do the talking.

IMO, Bale should not move to other clubs until he is atleast 25 years old. He is only 23 now and has many playing years ahead. He should not rush moving as it might unsettle him. Look at Torres who was once regarded as one of the best strikers in the world. But Torres has turned into a mediocre player since moving to Chelsea for 50m. I think the huge transfer fee and the huge expectations have affected Torres. That could happen to Bale if he is not carefull. Afterall, not many British players have done well in the Spanish League.

IMO, Bale should not move to other clubs until he is atleast 25 years old. He is only 23 now and has many playing years ahead. He should not rush moving as it might unsettle him. Look at Torres who was once regarded as one of the best strikers in the world. But Torres has turned into a mediocre player since moving to Chelsea for 50m. I think the huge transfer fee and the huge expectations have affected Torres. That could happen to Bale if he is not carefull. Afterall, not many British players have done well in the Spanish League.

Torres was on the slide for a good year before joining Chelsea.

"Come to that, maybe not even in their entire careers. "

why did you leave out that part if you dont mind me asking?

plus i still think ginola scored a wide range of goals, long shots, tap ins, dribbling through people etc...in one season

ahhh i didnt read that part :) sorry

Back to you.

Honestly sir, i still think ginola did. they dont have to be screamers, just great goals and ginola made a bucket load of those.

These tossers are the worst, Marca

The Gareth Bale signing is proving to be more complicated than was at first expected. If the whopping amount that Spurs were asking for wasn't already enough, Real Madrid now have another obstacle to hurdle.

The British telecom company, BT, has acquired the rights to the Premier League for the next season, and by doing so, will offer a match on its programming every week, making it 38 in total. The icing on BT's cake is that they have also included none other than Gareth Bale in the deal, making him the central image of their campaign.

The Welshman now appears in all the main British newspapers promoting the BT Sport brand, enticing people to sign up with the company for the 2013-2014 season. Bale, clearly seen as the most prominent and popular face of the Premier League this year, as he is now to be the figurehead of the BT giant, will be even more so next year.

With his signature, it seems highly unlikely that the Welshman will be leaving Spurs this summer. He can hardly be the embodiment of the Premier while playing in Spain.

"A great deal has changed in my football career since my first partnership with BT, and I am happy to extend that relationship for the next three years. I am excited about the launch of BT Sport and I am happy to play my part in making it a big hit", he said in the event held to publicise the signing

Zidane shouldn't talk about other clubs players. Especially as he doesn't like people talking about his sister.

These tossers are the worst, Marca

The Gareth Bale signing is proving to be more complicated than was at first expected. If the whopping amount that Spurs were asking for wasn't already enough, Real Madrid now have another obstacle to hurdle.

The British telecom company, BT, has acquired the rights to the Premier League for the next season, and by doing so, will offer a match on its programming every week, making it 38 in total. The icing on BT's cake is that they have also included none other than Gareth Bale in the deal, making him the central image of their campaign.

The Welshman now appears in all the main British newspapers promoting the BT Sport brand, enticing people to sign up with the company for the 2013-2014 season. Bale, clearly seen as the most prominent and popular face of the Premier League this year, as he is now to be the figurehead of the BT giant, will be even more so next year.

With his signature, it seems highly unlikely that the Welshman will be leaving Spurs this summer. He can hardly be the embodiment of the Premier while playing in Spain.

"A great deal has changed in my football career since my first partnership with BT, and I am happy to extend that relationship for the next three years. I am excited about the launch of BT Sport and I am happy to play my part in making it a big hit", he said in the event held to publicise the signing

how is this not good news? we probably hooked him up with that deal

Is that really an argument? Zidane shouldn't take about another professional because he didn't like people dissing his family? Okay :lol:

Naughty Spurs, once again stopping a big club from getting their player.

And Gareth. All these people in the media saying you're good enough to play for Real Madrid. Isn't it time you and your agent started making some noises? Or are you so inconsiderate as to letting them do all the work and pay the full price?

Back