• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Furniture

Dwell looks exactly the type of place I was kind of after.

Hudd - I get the ebay thing and have brought a lot of stuff from there like kitchen items - pots, pans etc. Also brought some accessories - a lamp, cushions, bean bags etc.

I wouldnt buy anything second hand but would buy from ebay just new stuff though

If you want wood ;)

http://www.eatsleeplive.co.uk/

grand-bed-footboard2.jpg

We have a bed from them, plus a couple of Coffee tables (one we use as a TV stand as it happened to fit exactly at one side of the recess next to our inglenook).

Works well in contemporary or old IMO. Eco friendly - reclaimed oak, hand made.

Last edited:
If you want wood ;)

http://www.eatsleeplive.co.uk/

grand-bed-footboard2.jpg

We have a bed from them, plus a couple of Coffee tables (one we use as a TV stand as it happened to fit exactly at one side of the recess next to our inglenook).

Works well in contemporary or old IMO. Eco friendly - reclaimed oak, hand made.

When I am 50 and retire. I want to build that sort of stuff, cracking site. Very manly though

I have literally moved out and have been going to places like Habitat and John lewis for furniture HOWEVER for the prices you are paying I would have expected a bit more than a plastic table for 2k with each chair costing 200 quid.

So anyone had any good experiences of these places you see advertised such as DFS (yes I know the fudgein damn joke) and Sofa World etc? I mean theyre still not that cheap but you get more for your money eg three seater sofa for the price of a plastic seat at Habitat. But are they of decent quality?

Im looking for dining furniture too and a few other bits and pieces.

If anyone got any suggestions I would be very grateful fudgers.

Thanks

I got loads of stuff from a hospice charity

Second hand is the way to go

I got a huge dark wood table and 4 chairs for about 100. When extended it fits 6

I ended up buying a side board and a couple of other bits from Oak Furniture Land, I know the ads on TV are a bit cheesy but the stuff is well made and they deliver it for free as well. Customer service was spot on as well, one of the door handles had a split in it when I screwed it in and they sent another 2 out by next day recorded delivery no questions asked. I got the small sideboard, tall bookcase and the side/bedside table from the mango wood range (http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/range/mantis-light-mango/). They usually have a sale on as well and the stuff is decent quality, reviews for them online are all top ratings as well.

I have bought a fair bit of stuff from these guys recently (dining & living room furniture) and agree they are excellent.

Back