• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Funerals

The recent trend of them being more of a celebration of the people's life is better than the sombre occasions of old..

Lots say bright colours, music etc..

no one aged 25 deserves to be taken away... its hard to celebrate a life cut tragically short mate.. especially when something as difficult to fathom as brain tumours is the cause, life fudging sucks sometimes and i fudging hate churches.

one of the first things the priest overseeing the service came out with was "we hope GHod can forgive her for any wrongdoings"

fudge that. what kind of GHod allows a perfectly heathy 25 year old girl to get inoperable brain tumours? ****.

no one aged 25 deserves to be taken away... its hard to celebrate a life cut tragically short mate.. especially when something as difficult to fathom as brain tumours is the cause, life fudging sucks sometimes and i fudging hate churches.

one of the first things the priest overseeing the service came out with was "we hope GHod can forgive her for any wrongdoings"

fudge that. what kind of GHod allows a perfectly heathy 25 year old girl to get inoperable brain tumours? ****.

Thats very sad mate, I wouldnt have anything religious at my funeral, its to be quite frank a load of gonad*s

I agree with you. I lost my dad a few years ago, really got my goat when people said thinks like "they only take the best ones". fudge that! Too many bad things happen in life for me to believe that any kind of GHod exists.

The recent trend of them being more of a celebration of the people's life is better than the sombre occasions of old..

Lots say bright colours, music etc..

A friend of my dad's passed away a few years ago. Before he died, he stipulated that all the men who went to the funeral had to wear football shirts.

Just heard this morning a great fella who work for me for six years passed away. 44 years old. Three kids 4 8 11.
Had a flu shot and never felt well after. Went to the Doctors, Doc told him he had a virus and ordered an X ray. Result of x ray put him in hospital on Thursday. Doctors told his wife to bring the kids in on Friday, passed away Saturday morning.
No wonder I don't believe in GHod. Won't go to the funeral, it will make me angry. Celebrate his life? What life?

Just heard this morning a great fella who work for me for six years passed away. 44 years old. Three kids 4 8 11.
Had a flu shot and never felt well after. Went to the Doctors, Doc told him he had a virus and ordered an X ray. Result of x ray put him in hospital on Thursday. Doctors told his wife to bring the kids in on Friday, passed away Saturday morning.
No wonder I don't believe in GHod. Won't go to the funeral, it will make me angry. Celebrate his life? What life?

That is a horrible turn of events. Makes you realise that every day is a chance to enjoy and cherish time spent with those that are important to you.

That's crass and unforgivable.

It's a standard thing for a priest to say at a funeral.

Not hi-jacking thread, but.............

when I got married second time round, we actually got married in Florida. But, as so few could attend, we had a blessing locally in Crawley.

All cool leading up to the ceremony, vicar was fine etc, then, when the actual ceremony started, he proceeded to carry out a character assassination on me regarding my previous mis-demeaners.
Was bloody awful, and highly embarrassing for all concerned.

Never again.

It's a standard thing for a priest to say at a funeral.

No it's not, it's far from standard. More to the point if a clergyman cannot deal with your lifestyle choices they should not accept the gig, there's always alternatives and clergymen with different perspectives. There's also more than one way to discuss people's lifestyle without being damning them, it sounds as if people on this board have been unlucky in some of the clergy imposed upon them, I've known some excellent, warm, human characters in dog collars. (Sits back and waits for choir boy jokes :) )

Not hi-jacking thread, but.............

when I got married second time round, we actually got married in Florida. But, as so few could attend, we had a blessing locally in Crawley.

All cool leading up to the ceremony, vicar was fine etc, then, when the actual ceremony started, he proceeded to carry out a character assassination on me regarding my previous mis-demeaners.
Was bloody awful, and highly embarrassing for all concerned.

Never again.

Ah, what do you expect, a bloody protestant, if he's been a roman candle he'd of been sound. ;)

PS I'm quite a bit older than my wife but it was bloody embarrassing when the priest referred to us as The Bride & Groomer.

Ah, what do you expect, a bloody protestant, if he's been a roman candle he'd of been sound. ;)

PS I'm quite a bit older than my wife but it was bloody embarrassing when the priest referred to us as The Bride & Groomer.

:ross:

No it's not, it's far from standard. More to the point if a clergyman cannot deal with your lifestyle choices they should not accept the gig, there's always alternatives and clergymen with different perspectives. There's also more than one way to discuss people's lifestyle without being damning them, it sounds as if people on this board have been unlucky in some of the clergy imposed upon them, I've known some excellent, warm, human characters in dog collars. (Sits back and waits for choir boy jokes :) )

thanks for the wise words and support.

Back