• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Following on from the above post.

In this mad season, tomorrow may well see another twist, although I doubt it, but after another late Everton winner the chance of us finishing 7th is getting more likely than finishing 4th, so this table is going to be more important than ever

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play.html

Currently a few matches behind, so wont include Kabouls red last week, but should we finish 7th and that FP table stays like that we are going to end up as England's representative as the the highest ranked team not already qualified for the CL or EL
IIRC the 3 countries with the best fair play record are awarded an extra place (but in the EL 1st Qualifying round). I think it was Liverpool who got it last season but England were only ranked 9th and Sweden,Norway and Finland got an extra spot.

You just know if we do end up 7th, England will be in that top 3, and our season with be starting on 31st July

Interesting post there mate.

I would like to think if that did happen to us we could get by playing some of the youngster/reserves like Archer, naughton, Hall, Velkvoic(spelling) fryers has not played a lot this season then the are loan players like mason(if fit) Cabellos, Fredericks, Falque, Kane has not played a lot of football either. So we could I hope get through the first few rounds like that.

To be honest it is not far off the sort of team I think we should be playing anyway until you are out of the group stages.

Absolutely no chance will everton finish above us.

What matches do goons and Liverpool have? Want to do that predictor but dont want to sign up...

Just wanted to check you were refering to the Everton that are now above us in the league with a game in hand, and some other Everton I've managed to miss somehow?

On current form, it looks like Everton and ManU will overtake us and we will finish in 7th place. If that happens, it will be our most disappointing season ever in the PL era. Despite selling Bale, there were so much promises at the start of the season due to all the expensive new players. We were told the likes of Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho and Erikson will bring us to the next level. Instead we played like a mid table club all season. I still think AVB would have done much better than Sherwood if he had been allowed to stay until the end of the season.

On current form, it looks like Everton and ManU will overtake us and we will finish in 7th place. If that happens, it will be our most disappointing season ever in the PL era. Despite selling Bale, there were so much promises at the start of the season due to all the expensive new players. We were told the likes of Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho and Erikson will bring us to the next level. Instead we played like a mid table club all season. I still think AVB would have done much better than Sherwood if he had been allowed to stay until the end of the season.

If Southampton beat us tomorrow they and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in with a chance of overhauling us. A win tomorrow puts them 5 points behind and next week they are at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine while we are away to Liverpool.
Liverpool are blatantly going to smash us to pieces, so it could conceivably be down to a gap of two points after next weekend.

Saying that I think we're still in a battle, although now its down to 6th place. I think Everton will power away from us leaving it down to probably either us or United for 6th and EL football.

Its funny that a few games ago people we're genuinely thinking we might get CL. The amount of games left was obviously going to result in a huuuuuuge chasm to 4th, and we were blatantly going to lose every match against the teams going for the title. What I didn't expect was for us to get so outplayed by Benfica. That one, particularly the first leg, really hurt.

we are nailed on to get a decent peformance tomorrow...

no doubt hope will be rekindled and then snuffed out once we go to Anfield.

Everton might pip arsenal still.

Yup. I foresaw and predicted an Arsnl implosion. That's why our game against them was so vital. Win that one and we would have been just three points off them with a win tomorrow. Oh well......

Yup. I foresaw and predicted an Arsnl implosion. That's why our game against them was so vital. Win that one and we would have been just three points off them with a win tomorrow. Oh well......

I totally get your sentiment but le-**** will comfortably win on tuesday. They will finish at least 4th unless Everton go on an amazing run.

In terms of us I think goal difference over a season is a decent indicator...we simply dont score enough goals to finish in the top 4 places and we ship too many as well obviously.

vs arsenal us and chelsea can be seperated by the fact that they are clinical and we are not. Arsenal havent been pulling up trees since January but have enough points and nouse to beat the dross of the league.

I totally get your sentiment but le-**** will comfortably win on tuesday. They will finish at least 4th unless Everton go on an amazing run.

In terms of us I think goal difference over a season is a decent indicator...we simply dont score enough goals to finish in the top 4 places and we ship too many as well obviously.

vs arsenal us and chelsea can be seperated by the fact that they are clinical and we are not. Arsenal havent been pulling up trees since January but have enough points and nouse to beat the dross of the league.

I agree. We dont score enough and our defence looks ragged - a real top winning combination. But Arsnl are down to their bare bones and players beginning to look tired. Still in the FA cup and with a couple more key injuries ( say Merteseker and Giroud) and suspensions (say Ox and Flamini) then I could see them being bullied out of games by the more physical sides.

How the teams fighting for the European spots have done against the top 9, top 7 and top 4:

Top_9_Table.jpg

Top_7_Table.jpg

Top_4_Table.jpg

All top 7 teams will be aiming to win all their remaining fixtures. Pool, Chelsea, City possibly even the Scum could win the league if they return maximum points from the run in. Who will hit form and who will slip up is the question?

If we can take 20 points from the remaining 8 games, it will be a good return, but probably not enough for 4th. Draw against Pool and win the rest and its only 22 points, still unlikely to be sufficient for CL. We can only play each game and do out best and see where we end up. It is out of our hands.

GHod people are so fickle, everton win and goons lose and all of a sudden everton could get 4th. Have people seen everton run in? There is no chance they won't not finish 7th. Quote me on that! Sometimes you have to look past the NOW and take a more objective look. Obviously they COULD go on an amazing run, but that's highly unlikely.

Though I will say everton show that I believe premiership teams should only be allowed one loan max. Ridiculous their best players are loans

Yeah. We'll need 22 points and arsenal to have a shocker for even a chance. If we beat them last week we could have gone level today :(

Sunderland, West Brom and Fulham are our next games after we play Liverpool. If we beat them it takes pressure off of Stoke, West Ham and Villa who are our last three games.

The maximum we can get this year is 77 points but seeing as we can't defend for **** I'd expect Liverpool to beat us (Liverpool aren't great at the back, but still). 74 points won't be too bad but I can't see the Gooners getting less

Back