• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Footy coaching course Level 2 (spurs related)

So I'm currently doing my level 2 coaching course in Colchester today and just before it starts a group of lads walk in who work got a soccer school. Two of them are quite young and one bloke is about 40ish, gingery blonde and I recognise him...

Anyway we go through the register and the guy taking it calls the names and then I hear "Stuart Nethercott?".... My head turns and immediately I'm like yep that's you!

So I'm here all week on this course with him so figured at some point I'll talk to him but I trained with him all day and we chatted loads and got on really well, he's a top lad! Says he still plays footy with Howells and a few of the other lads.

I'll get a photo of him with me later this week, but pretty chuffed as I think I've only ever met one spurs player before and that was Ruel Fox but that was a few words. Today I spent 7 hours with the guy and chatted loads!

Anyway, bore off GGG yeah?

Not at all nice story. I play 5 a side weekly and Sedgley plays with us and a group of veterans too. Decent little side we've got. Enjoy and good luck mate.

How is he? Is he still any good? Nethercott still has it, but he just seems like a normal nice bloke. Doubt you'd get these current prem players doing a course and taking time out to talk to you...

I heard that their touch is something that makes the difference between professionals and the rest, and that they never lose it.

Nethercotts passing and control is still good, and when you play a bad bass to him like I did today a few times you do think, crap! But then you remember he is a lot better than you!

Nethercotts passing and control is still good, and when you play a bad bass to him like I did today a few times you do think, crap! But then you remember he is a lot better than you!

Just shows how good the real top players are. A friend of mine played a friendly for an Irish league side against a Northern Ireland select team. He was marking Ian Dowie and said he literally could not get within 6 feet of him at any point. I repeat, Ian f*cking Dowie.

A couple of years ago I played in a christmas tournament, which is just mates teaming up for a friendly exercise to get rid of the christmas fat :). Anyway, one of the teams had Tore Andre Flo on the team. It was virtually frikkin impossible to steal the ball from him!! Even with 3-4 players surrounding him, he'd still get out of with with the ball seemingly glued to his feet....

I played semi-pro in Malaysia for a few months about 15 years ago. We played a pre season against Royal Selangor with David Rocastle in their side.
He was overweight and slow and obviously didn't know it at the time but less than a year from dying of cancer.
I was 21 very fit and quick and thought this will be fun!
No chance, his touch and vision was incredible, he didn't really have to run his movement and positioning was so good.
A real eye opener for a youngster who thought he was pretty good, I couldn't get near him.

*Apologies for biggin up a goon but he was the only top flight player I ever played against and he was good.

Back