• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

football with "pace" - do we ?

Kanes £200m in todays market, easily.

I can see both Mahrez/Zaha being £50m comfortably. A huge sum for us. Not that I would be opposed to it, I dont see it happening.
Zaha would be more than 50 million in today's inflated transfer market. He signed a 5 year contract in May on allegedly £110000 a week. Palace therefore have no need to sell unless they are relegated which is looking unlikely now. Add to that he is on fire I agree he is probably beyond us price wise now.

Zaha would be more than 50 million in today's inflated transfer market. He signed a 5 year contract in May on allegedly £110000 a week. Palace therefore have no need to sell unless they are relegated which is looking unlikely now. Add to that he is on fire I agree he is probably beyond us price wise now.

Ive seen talk of there being a gentlemans style agreement between them to allow him to move to a big club, but of course only time will tell on that.

Not only is he on a long deal etc, he is also their only genuinely class player. It is possible their survival depends on him, and in that context he is priceless.

So yes, could easily be more than that, if not likely more than that!

The thing is, we are going to have to start spending that much if it is really the player we need. We will have to.

Im a huge fan of our model, I think buying and molding potential is a superb way to operate. Problem is, the team is now of a level its going to take the odd major buy to bring sufficient quality to supplement it...

This thread is about as worthwhile as the one discussing 'Corners'...

Pace is useful if harnessed the right way and played in a certain system or style.

Quickness of ball movement is an effective and largely more well rounded strategy.

Having the option of 'raw' pace off the bench could help as an alternative, given the system we play, but I don't know that it's something we need desperately.

Give me a clever, incisive passer in combination with a striker who excels in football intelligence and superb positioning over someone like Darren fudging Bent.. He had 'raw' pace by the way.

Would have to agree with this, of course pace is always handy to have ( and as i have said elsewhere we have Son who has pace) but i think that some fans are over hyping our need for another player who ( in their opinion) may be faster the Son. No matter how fast/pacy a player may be he can not travel faster then the ball which is passed at the right time, and we have several players who can do that.

I would bet sterling is a good bit quicker than son, but I know which i would rather have.
Pace, like every other weapon in your arsenal, is only any good if you know how to use it.

Back