• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

I thought you were referring to last season only - in which case, I go for Blackburn Rovers

Utd won it 3 times btw - 1968, 1999, and 2008

I thought you were referring to last season only - in which case, I go for Blackburn Rovers

Utd won it 3 times btw - 1968, 1999, and 2008

Correct.

Blackburn Rovers (1995-96) and Emirates Marketing Project (2011-12).

The seven clubs who progressed were Manchester United (twice Champions), Chelsea (Champions), Liverpool (Champions), Arsenal (Finalists), Leeds United (Semi-Finalists), Tottenham Hotspur (Quarter-Finalists), and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Group Stage Two).

Everton never participated in the Champions League Group Stage - they were knocked-out in the qualifying rounds.

European Cup & Champions League Last 8 1955-56 to 2011-12

So Saudi Sportswashing Machine is also correct if they didn't make it past the second group stage? #pedant #getalifesupertedyatosser

But the question didn't specify the first group stage, and the second group stage is still the group stage before the knockout stage #itspurplenumbnuts

Thursday 22nd November 2012:

How many different nationalities have managed Chelsea FC during the Premier League Era?

Eight, soon to be nine.

Eight:
Scotland (Ian Porterfield)
England (David Webb, Glenn Hoddle, Graham Rix, Ray Wilkins)
Netherlands (Ruud Gullit, Guus Hiddink)
Italy (Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri, Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto di Matteo)
Portugal (Jose Mourinho, André Villas-Boas)
Israel (Avram Grant)
Brazil (Luis Felipe Scolari)
Spain (Rafael Benitez)

Prior to the Premier League, Chelsea had a manager from Northern Ireland (Danny Blanchflower) while all their other managers were English or Scottish.

Premier League Managers from 1992-93 to 2012-13

When I say nine, its not because I can't count but because I'm including Catalan. :-"

Wonder if the Catalans have thought through what would happen if they got independence? Barca couldn't play in the Spanish league anymore and there would be no more classicos. What kind of draw would a Catalan league be to players?

They'd probably be allowed to play in the Spanish League. Would it be a similar arrangement as Monaco in the French league?

They'd probably be allowed to play in the Spanish League. Would it be a similar arrangement as Monaco in the French league?

Or they would just stir the brick pot more and more until they get a European 'Super' League of the G14 or whatever. More money for the fat boys.

The Spanish League without Barcelona would be just as impoverished, so they would have to come to some arrangement. Although if they did it might open the door for other leagues to embrace more than one country.

Or they would just stir the brick pot more and more until they get a European 'Super' League of the G14 or whatever. More money for the fat boys.

No doubt this will be being looked at regardless of what happens to Catalonia.

Friday 23rd November 2012:

Which eight goalkeepers have worn Aston Villa's number one shirt during the Premier League Era?

Back