• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Paul Allen. Pretty sure the Premier league started before he finished top flight football.

Arse cakes, really should read the question properly first. Scrap that answer

Last edited:
Paul Allen. Pretty sure the Premier league started before he finished top flight football.

Arse cakes, really should read the question properly first. Scrap that answer

I love how you thought it included English players and said Paul Allen and not living legends like Pauls Gascoigne, Scholes, Konchesky etc.

So we have 5 so far...
Paul Stalteri
Paul Pogba
Paul Scharner
Paul Okon
Paul Hall

Where's Statto?.. This is bugging me now.. I reckon there must be another Australian or one of those players that chose to play for Jamaica or Nigeria etc?

Last edited:
So we have 5 so far...
Paul Stalteri
Paul Pogba
Paul Scharner
Paul Okon
Paul Hall

Where's Statto?.. This is bugging me now.. I reckon there must be another Australian or one of those players that chose to play for Jamaica or Nigeria etc?

Seven:

Paul Okon (Australia), Paul Scharner (Austria), Paul Ifill (Barbados), Paul Stalteri (Canada), Paul Pogba (France), Paul Hall (Jamaica) and Paul Bosvelt (Netherlands).

Foreign Players in the Premier League from Season 1992-93 to 2012-13

Paul Ifill was born in England too.

Which asks the question why include Paul Ifill and exclude Paul McGrath. Either both are foreign because they played international football for non-UK teams or both are British because they were born British. Picking one and not the other seems arbitrary.

Which asks the question why include Paul Ifill and exclude Paul McGrath. Either both are foreign because they played international football for non-UK teams or both are British because they were born British. Picking one and not the other seems arbitrary.

Ireland is a British & Irish Isles country so as such, players don't qualify as Foreign.

The unique nature of the historical, political and cultural connections of Ireland to the United Kingdom (of which it was a part until the early 1920s) make it a special case, although today, Ireland is a sovereign independent country.

Last edited:
The Republic is a foreign country

adjective
1 of, from, in, or characteristic of a country or language other than one's own: foreign currency | a man with a foreign accent.
• dealing with or relating to other countries: foreign policy.
• of or belonging to another district or area: a visit to a foreign clan.
• coming or introduced from outside: the quotation is a foreign element imported into the work.
2 strange and unfamiliar: I suppose this all feels pretty foreign to you.
• (foreign to) not belonging to or characteristic of: crime and brutality are foreign to our nature.

I appreciate it's a special case but the same arguments could also be applied to any country of the Commonwealth. If proximity is the issue then we'll have France as well as that was under the Crowns rule in the 15th century.

The Republic is a foreign country

adjective
1 of, from, in, or characteristic of a country or language other than one's own: foreign currency | a man with a foreign accent.
• dealing with or relating to other countries: foreign policy.
• of or belonging to another district or area: a visit to a foreign clan.
• coming or introduced from outside: the quotation is a foreign element imported into the work.
2 strange and unfamiliar: I suppose this all feels pretty foreign to you.
• (foreign to) not belonging to or characteristic of: crime and brutality are foreign to our nature.

I appreciate it's a special case but the same arguments could also be applied to any country of the Commonwealth. If proximity is the issue then we'll have France as well as that was under the Crowns rule in the 15th century.

To the best of my knowledge, France was never part of the United Kingdom.

Statto I figured you just didnt include Irish players. I was just stirring. But still, I think you have to include Irish as foreigners.

Back