• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

_1775293_bebeto_150.jpg

:D

39 is a seriously low number considering the quality of players they've had. How many England strikers have scored more?

Charlton
Lineker
Owen ??

39 is a seriously low number considering the quality of players they've had. How many England strikers have scored more?

Charlton
Lineker
Owen ??

The only four England players who have scored more than 39 full international goals are Bobby Charlton (49), Gary Lineker (48 ), Jimmy Greaves (44) and Michael Owen (40).

Ah, remember the days when Owen was sure to beat the record.

You never know, a run of games and he might get a recall against San Marino and he could do it in that one game!

I also remember going to see England vs Brazil when Gary Lineker had a penalty to equal Bobby Charltons record and chipped it a la Andrea Pirlo and missed (obviously as he retired on 48 goals)

Pelé (77 goals), Ronaldo (62) and Romário (55) are all correct.
Zico is the fourth with 52 goals.
Yes, Bebeto with 39 international goals for Brazil.

Charlton
Lineker
Owen ??

The only four England players who have scored more than 39 full international goals are Bobby Charlton (49), Gary Lineker (48 ), Jimmy Greaves (44) and Michael Owen (40).

Strange distribution. Both Brasil and England have four players scoring more than 40, but the Brasilians are between 52 and 77 compared to 40-49 for the English.

Friday 14th September 2012:

What made the Estonia 0-4 France match in June 2012 unique in European football?

Strange distribution. Both Brasil and England have four players scoring more than 40, but the Brasilians are between 52 and 77 compared to 40-49 for the English.

I must have read the question wrong. I took it to mean the 4 Brazilians were all the leading goalscorers on equal tallies, which is why I was so surprised that especially Pele and Ronaldo were so low.

Back