• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Didn't Leeds get a ban from playing at Elland Road in the 70s? We could have played them then at a neutral ground? I can't see it being in Sheffield or Manchester, so Villa Park possibly?

Yes, you're pretty much there.

Leeds home First Division game in August 1971 was played at Boothferry Park, Hull as Elland Road was closed due to crowd trouble the previous season during a match against West Bromwich Albion.

Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds United Match History 1924 to 2013

Friday 18th January 2013:

Which nine players captained England before, during or after their time with Southampton FC?

Friday's answer: Alf Ramsey, Peter Shilton, Alan Shearer, Alan Ball, Mick Channon, Dave Watson, Mark Wright, Mick Mills and Kevin Keegan.

Saturday 19th January 2013:

In which three countries have Manchester United & Tottenham Hotspur played each other outside of England?

I was right but my working was wrong, I'd completely forgotten that game, I was thinking of the Barnes match in 84

Monday 21st January 2013:

What was unusual about Rangers' team against St. Johnsone at Ibrox on 4th March 2000?

Back