• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and money

Seems I say it every year and it just gets worse, but money has ruined the game.

It feels a bit like the housing market to me, one day surely it will pop.

My health is not great for a long term future. I just hope I live long enough to see it.

All these oil state and American owners I would have a bet with anyone that the super league will come back in some form.

Have disagreed with a few things Levy has done over the years but always admired that we do things financially the right way. I still have my membership at spurs but am going to be doing a few non league games with a mate. Don't know if I will bother with the premiership anymore. Will always be a spurs fan, but damn this league is corrupt.

Seems I say it every year and it just gets worse, but money has ruined the game.

My health is not great for a long term future. I just hope I live long enough to see it.

All these oil state and American owners I would have a bet with anyone that the super league will come back in some form.

Have disagreed with a few things Levy has done over the years but always admired that we do things financially the right way. I still have my membership at spurs but am going to be doing a few non league games with a mate. Don't know if I will bother with the premiership anymore. Will always be a spurs fan, but damn this league is corrupt.

Interest rates went up again today. You might see the housing bubble pop. Football? For a lot of europe it has. The prem? Dunno.

Last edited:

Could not agree more, spent most of my life , playing the game, coaching at the top level and supporting Spurs for 60 odd years but the game stinks in todays game. I sometimes wonder why i still bother :(

Could not agree more, spent most of my life , playing the game, coaching at the top level and supporting Spurs for 60 odd years but the game stinks in todays game. I sometimes wonder why i still bother :(

I don't own a Ferrari, good luck to those that do. Not going to get tinkled if they can get to work faster than me. I'll do me, they do them.

Same for spurs. Will just watch hoping we win. fudge comparing ourselves to others. Just hope next season the games are more enjoyable.

I don't own a Ferrari, good luck to those that do. Not going to get tinkled if they can get to work faster than me. I'll do me, they do them.

Same for spurs. Will just watch hoping we win. fudge comparing ourselves to others. Just hope next season the games are more enjoyable.

Yeh exactly, looking over the fence will only drive you crazy in any part of life.

I think what others do stinks but I have never wanted us to be like them.

More now than ever I think the game will, to a point, implode, when that is and how that is can be debated but I think it will come. We do us and I honestly believe our day will come not least for that reason but also, because football works that way

Yeh exactly, looking over the fence will only drive you crazy in any part of life.

I think what others do stinks but I have never wanted us to be like them.

More now than ever I think the game will, to a point, implode, when that is and how that is can be debated but I think it will come. We do us and I honestly believe our day will come not least for that reason but also, because football works that way

It's not the looking over the fence, never really bothered me that SAF's United won a bunch of brick ..

It's just the game is completely broken and the cheating isn't even hidden anymore
- City needs to make FFP, oh look, they just got a sponsorship deal bigger than Real Madrid & United, fudge it, lets just make their entire income bigger than Madrid's
- Chelsea is fudged with overpaid, overpriced players no one will buy, oh look, the Saudi's to the rescue, never mind the fact the Saudi's are invested in the group that owns Chelsea

And on and on ... the door was opened with RA at Chelsea (they lost a million pounds a week for his entire ownership) and just is getting worse

It's not the looking over the fence, never really bothered me that SAF's United won a bunch of brick ..

It's just the game is completely broken and the cheating isn't even hidden anymore
- City needs to make FFP, oh look, they just got a sponsorship deal bigger than Real Madrid & United, fudge it, lets just make their entire income bigger than Madrid's
- Chelsea is fudged with overpaid, overpriced players no one will buy, oh look, the Saudi's to the rescue, never mind the fact the Saudi's are invested in the group that owns Chelsea

And on and on ... the door was opened with RA at Chelsea (they lost a million pounds a week for his entire ownership) and just is getting worse

Oh we all want the game to be more honest and fair. But i'm not going to stop supporting spurs because of other teams.

The game i worked in, played and supported for 60 years stinks, sadly there is no going back to what it should be.

The game i worked in, played and supported for 60 years stinks, sadly there is no going back to what it should be.

Yeh I am 40 so a young pup for the sport in some respects but feel like a moany old man, I know I probably come over that way but thats just how it is, I don't really make apologies for it.

We have a sport where the moral compass is just non existence, we have players that are so average at the basics but earn an absolute fortune which scews the landscape where we now have fans foaming at the mouth because the owners are not signing average players for huge fees, despite the same fans moaning for us having done exactly that. Honestly the level of crud in the game is huge, although offset with some brilliance but the level of hypocrisy in the game from all and sundry including the fans is staggering

I drone on about it, I know I do but the idea you have supporters who manipulate info and facts to have a downer or be outright horrible and nasty about the clubs they supposedly love and support, using the caveat of "I go home and away" I don't get, there is an unhealthy side now where fans that hold the rivalries and love their clubs are now marginalised for what some claim is the supposed or imagined "truth"....thou shall not seek the truth and defend their club but we shall all hail Chelsea......as an example I see and have felt on here.

Last edited:

If I could like this twice I would. Great post. It’s cheating in plain sight by people who have absolutely no interest in the game as a sport, just what it can do for them or their reputation.

At least when Jack Walker was buying the league, you knew he was fulfilling every fans dream and he was doing it for Blackburn. I’d fudging love to make a few billion and buy Spurs the league. Only difference is id insist on getting 60 seconds at the end of 10 games to get my medal.

The Premier League today absolutely stinks. I’ll support Spurs as long as my arse looks south because I’ve been doing it since I was 3 or 4. But I’ll never take Chelsea, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or any other club with their ownership model seriously. They’re a blight on the game.

If I could like this twice I would. Great post. It’s cheating in plain sight by people who have absolutely no interest in the game as a sport, just what it can do for them or their reputation.

At least when Jack Walker was buying the league, you knew he was fulfilling every fans dream and he was doing it for Blackburn. I’d fudging love to make a few billion and buy Spurs the league. Only difference is id insist on getting 60 seconds at the end of 10 games to get my medal.

The Premier League today absolutely stinks. I’ll support Spurs as long as my arse looks south because I’ve been doing it since I was 3 or 4. But I’ll never take Chelsea, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or any other club with their ownership model seriously. They’re a blight on the game.

Amen brother.

A good documentary on City and their corruption. If half of it's true they deserve to be kicked out of the league.

It won’t happen and nothing will probably will not happen due to money, but it would be great if the PL and FA would kick City out completely. A message needs to be sent that cheating will not be tolerated at any level. But they also had their chance with Chelsea. Ok that money was lost to Abrambovich and went to Ukraine, but Chelsea received no punishment or sanction when they knew who they were in bed with for twenty years. The UK being in complete thrall to oil states and oligarchs doesn’t help either, I’m nearly done with so called top flight football to be honest. It’s rotten.

Back