• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Flip off Yohann Cabaye!

Fair play to him for not reacting and kicking out at someone. Nowhere near fair play to the rest of our team to stand by and allow that to happen. Where were our leaders (Dawson, Parker, Dempsey etc) when Dembele was rolling on the ground in pain? They should be having a go at Cabaye and the ref.

Dembele looked properly frustrated when only minutes after the horror tackle from Cabaye Tiote came flying in just past him, feet high, left the ground, no control, didn't get the ball, could easily have flown into him.

Dembele is tough though. Hopefully he didn't pick up an injury from that tackle from Cabaye.

Dawson was talking to the ref right the way through. I don't think that Dowd saw the the tackle and gave the card for the crowd's reaction.

Dawson was talking to the ref right the way through. I don't think that Dowd saw the the tackle and gave the card for the crowd's reaction.

I saw Dawson talking to the ref, I didn't see anything like the kind of reaction that tackle deserved. I wish football was such that interaction with the ref should just be the captain having a nice civil talk with the ref, that's not how other teams operate though.

You might be right that Dowd didn't see it, and that none of the assistants saw it and that the 4th official didn't see it. I know it's difficult for the refs in many situations and they can't see it all. That's why I dislike those FA regulations so much where because Dowd gave a yellow card Cabaye can't receive any actual punishment.

Having watched the re-run of the game this morning, Cabaye did a similar type tackle not 5 minutes before on Dembele. I therefore think he targeted him and achieved his aim second time around. On MOTD last night Lineker said he had previous too.

First one was 87.52.. tackle studs up with the right foot, which misses, then trips with the left foot.

Second time 88.52..

Last edited:
I was at the game and haven't had a chance to watch it again on TV, but I did have the impression throughout the game that Saudi Sportswashing Machine were actively targeting Dembele. Maybe he was just holding onto the ball too long and inviting challenges.

Anyone have any stats on how many times he was fouled?

I saw Dawson talking to the ref, I didn't see anything like the kind of reaction that tackle deserved. I wish football was such that interaction with the ref should just be the captain having a nice civil talk with the ref, that's not how other teams operate though.

You might be right that Dowd didn't see it, and that none of the assistants saw it and that the 4th official didn't see it. I know it's difficult for the refs in many situations and they can't see it all. That's why I dislike those FA regulations so much where because Dowd gave a yellow card Cabaye can't receive any actual punishment.

The 4th official cannot do anything even if they did see it.

I think that Dowd had a terrible game, he let Saudi Sportswashing Machine get away with loads of fouling, he missed the handball in the box and he should have issued a card for the foul that lead to the free kick that we scored the first goal from.

Back